Hydras in mini normals

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I think hydras are a horrible addition to mafia. And I'm disappointed that they haven't been banned.

Beyond the usual horribly unnecessarily distracting baggage that hydras bring with them ("My other head flaked so I can't answer why they said that", public intra-head arguments, "I read one of the heads as town, so I'm not lynching them", etc..), they disrupt the very idea of what mafia is about. Mafia is a psychological game where you have to develop the ability to instinctual read people for truthfulness and combine it with analytic reasoning. Having a second person to spitball ideas against is
CHEATING
plain and simple. Plus those that hydra will never get better at mafia because they will never develop skills on their own.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 63, Psyche wrote:
Mafia is a psychological game where you have to develop the ability to instinctual read people for truthfulness and combine it with analytic reasoning.
Yeah, but howww.
Just jump in the
woodchipper
deep end of the pool and learn.
In post 64, Zachrulez wrote:I always get a kick when people complain about the distracting baggage of hydras, and most of the things are things I have refined into hydra scum tells.
All those things I mentioned: done by town hydras.
In post 64, Zachrulez wrote:Also a mod allowing hydras into a game is explicitly saying it's not cheating.
It is a sign that the mods involved don't particularly care about the balance of their game.
In post 64, Zachrulez wrote:This thread is meant to be about whether they should be considered normal though.
I'm 100% with you that hydras shouldn't be in normal games. I just want to take it a step further.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 70, RichardGHP wrote:
In post 69, Kublai Khan wrote:It is a sign that the mods involved don't particularly care about the balance of their game.
Seriously?
Yup. I'm ruffling feathers on this one.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:30 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 77, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 69, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 64, Zachrulez wrote:I always get a kick when people complain about the distracting baggage of hydras, and most of the things are things I have refined into hydra scum tells.
All those things I mentioned: done by town hydras.
Players that look scummy can also turn out to be town. There isn't really a difference in that regard, just that the dynamic is different.
Don't disagree. Both my point is that all the hydra babbage is alignment independent. So having one slots in the game with multiple personalities means that there is 2-3 times more work for the other players.
In post 77, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 69, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 64, Zachrulez wrote:This thread is meant to be about whether they should be considered normal though.
I'm 100% with you that hydras shouldn't be in normal games. I just want to take it a step further.
I'm not sure how you can argue for their removal from theme games, especially given that the mod might want to specifically use that aspect for a game, and have in the past.
I have no problem with hydras being a special attraction that fit in with a mod's vision. I am annoyed at the rash of "/in with a hydra, let me go find someone to hydra with" stuff in sign-ins.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #82 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 78, RedCoyote wrote:All I know is, KK can PM me the next time he is modding a game. :]

As a sidenote, having actually played in a KK game before, it was one of my more memorable (if depressing) games on the site.
Did you win that one? I forget....
In post 79, Zachrulez wrote:It's funny, but I've only played in one KK game, and it was also memorable and depressing. (If you've ever tried to argue with a brick wall before that's what the game was like.)
Could be worse. Could have been 2 bricks walls. :P
In post 80, SpyreX wrote:KK, not the hero mafiascum wants, but the one mafiascum needs.
Well, obviously you're the hero that mafiascum wants!

SpyreX! You're back~!

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Mafia Discussion”