Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Alduskkel »

You are
Mr. Flay.

You absolutely
must
get the last post in the thread, else you'll lose. Furthermore, you must compete with the actual Mr. Flay. Good luck.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

You are the
Death Godfather.
You will investigate as innocent and when you die you will come up as innocent.

For extra fun make a game where all the Townies are Death Millers and all the Mafia are Death Godfathers. Hilarity ensues.

I'd also like to comment on the Jester Survivor. There's a way to both get lynched and survive to endgame.

Get lynched then resurrect somehow and then survive to endgame.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Yeah, but the townies get fooled too.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Alduskkel »

You are
Monty Python.
Like, literally. You may only hiss, and your win condition is that you get someone to laugh at one of your posts.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

This might have been done before.
You are
Battle Mage
, a vanilla townie.
Mod Note: If he is still alive on Day 3, he converts to the Scum's side.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1518 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

You are a
Ghost.
Each night, you have the option to possess another player. By possessing that player, you will show up as the night's kill, and the mafia will be informed that their kill was "redirected." Upon possessing someone, you assume the possessed player's identity. That is, you will PM me what you want to post and then I will tell the possessed to post that, under threat of modkill. Once you possess someone, you will also investigate as whatever they investigated as, and can kill every night. However, mafia members are unpossessible. There are also some unpossessible townies out there as well. You can only possess once, and cannot unpossess. Prior to possessing, you will investigate as scum. Also, beware! There is an Exorciser out there, and if they exorcise you after you possess someone you will instantly die and control will be returned to the possessed. Prior to possessing you will be immune to exorcism. You are Serial Killer aligned, and thus win when everyone else is dead and you are still alive.

You are the
Exorciser,
and you know for a fact there is a ghost out there. Each night you can choose to exorcise someone, and if they are possessed then the ghost will be banished (killed) and control returned to the possessed. However, prior to possessing the ghost will be immune to your excorcisms. You yourself cannot be possessed. You win with the town.

You have been
possessed!
You are now under the control of a ghost. I, The Mod, will PM you something that you MUST post, and if you do not post that within X amount of time then you will be modkilled, and if you post anything other than what I give you then you will be modkilled. But there's still hope, as there is an Exorciser out there who can free you. If you are freed, the ghost is banished (killed) and you regain your ability to post what you want. You still win with the (faction).

For balance reasons one might want to put a limit on the amount of times the Exorciser can exorcise. I'm not sure. These roles would be best for a large game, of course. Unpossessable people will not be informed of this trait and if the ghost tries to possess them they will not be alerted to this. I'm not sure what the limit on the amount of time the Possessed has to post what (s)he's been given. I was thinking 24-48 hours though. If the possessed gets modkilled then the ghost gets to choose a new victim on the next night. Also, the possessed's role will be revealed as their original role, and no mention will be made of why they were killed or their status as being possessed. One might want to put in a Secret Day-Vig to make this more believable. They would PM the mod during the day someone to vig.

Edit: By the way, if the possessed is killed regularly then both the possessed and the ghost die.

Edit Again: Forgot to mention what alignment the ghost shows up as when possessing another player and showing up as the night's kill. They will come up as exactly what they are: Serial Killer. Not vanilla townie because cops investigate them as scum, and I don't care to have sane cops thinking they're insane/paranoid.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1525 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Man, the ideas just keep pouring in!

Congratulations! You are a
member of the Alphabetical Mafia
! You are normal mafiosos, except that you must kill people in alphabetical order. If you so choose, you can start at Z instead of A and then go in reverse alphabetical order.

Congratulations! You are a
member of the Chronological Mafia
! You are normal mafiosos, except that you must kill people in chronological order, i.e., their join date. You can go from youngest to oldest or oldest to youngest.

One could do tons of variations like Post Count Mafia or Post Rate Mafia.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1539 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Alduskkel »

You are
Every Single Role Ever
. Each Night and Day, you may PM me a role to use. It must already exist, so no made-up ones. You can only use 1 role per round (i.e., you can use one role on Day 1, another on Night 1, and yet another on Day 2 etc...). You cannot use the same role twice. You win when you have used every single role ever. (Not the role, I mean every single role that has ever been invented. Not this role. Though you still have to use this one to fill your quota. So the minute you use this role you do not instantly win or anything. Don't be silly.)

In a game that lasted 100000000 days and nights it might have a chance of winning. :P

Edit: Clarified.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

It could still be NK'd.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Alduskkel »

And how does that role win?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Alduskkel »

What's the point of the Cult-Immunity part?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Alduskkel »

What's the point of the exclamation mark post restriction?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1654 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

He would just get replaced or modkilled.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1818 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Pomegranate wrote:You win when the game ends and you have posted at least half of the total gameposts.
That has ZazieR written all over it.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

You are an
Insane Godfather
. Your partners are ___. You investigate as innocent to investigations. However, in your first post of the game you must (seriously, don't pass it off as a joke) claim Miller, and stick to it for the rest of the game.

You win with the Mafia.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

More of a bastard setup, but...
2 Jester Lovers
4 Townies
Nightless
Jesters lose if they make up 50% of the population.
Puts an 'interesting' spin on the regular Lovers 6P game.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Town loses if they lynch the Jesters. I thought that was obvious.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3982 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

You are a
Serial Killer Creator

You can target someone each Night. This will turn them into an independently-aligned Serial Killer.
You are bulletproof. The Serial Killers you create are not.

You win when you are the only player remaining.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4414 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:38 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Make the Hydra-izer a Cult Leader. Who wins when all living players are in a hydra with him.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4528 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 4526, kuribo wrote:
In post 4519, drmyshotgun wrote:
In post 4518, saulres wrote:With the amount of lurking that site meta seems to endorse, getting to 1000 posts for someone who can be online a lot, without getting complaints, should be no problem at all.
Really?? 1000 posts? That's 40 pages. For one guy...Need I make it Mr. 10000?
1) Me, DGB, AngryPigeon, and Majiffy form a hydra
2) we get this role
3) game is over before confirmation stage
Needs more Vifam.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4585 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 4569, mastin2 wrote:
In post 4555, callforjudgement wrote:I was thinking about that, but who rolecops an Innocent Child? That's arguably even more pointless than copping them.
How 'bout an Innocent Child Miller?
I'd be interested to see how this played out. Especially if you told the Cop there was a Miller in the game. And then what about Miller Masons...?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”