Player Slot and Game Census

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Faraday »

But it's in the votecounts. Like literally every votecount <_<
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 60, Vi wrote:It could also just be that there aren't a lot of people with good ideas for modding L.Themes.

when has this ever stopped anyone? <_<
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #161 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:05 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 123, N wrote:I think the requirement should be more along the lines of playing games actually run in that queue. Like, if you've only ever played newbies and theme games, you probably won't have a good idea of what normal roles are.

I don't agree. I might kinda wonder why you're running a normal if you only play themes but w/e.

In post 125, SleepyKrew wrote:One year for a LT seems too long to me. Nine months?

I thought that initially. But how long does it take under the current requirements? It probably depends which way you want to go. But 3 months for Mini Normal, 2-3 months in the queue. 2 months running it? It seems like it'd almost take a year anyway by the time you run a second game.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #184 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 175, Mr. Flay wrote:Also, historically there has been little-to-no wait for Large Themes to go into signups. Hoopla's era contained the only backlog I can ever think of seeing since 2004.

There was a backlog a few months ago when I went in signups for ADWD. I was over a month in the queue.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #185 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 167, quadz08 wrote:Look at Mafiastuck, by Gorrad and I, or Politics Mafia, by Haylen and Jordan, for examples of very large games that took just ages to fill.

In fairness Gorrad isn't that well known by new players due to being absent for so long (and his last modded game he was absent for intervals too) and Haylen/Jordan are...well yeah, Haylen/Jordan. Mods can still fill large large games pretty quickly. Flavour + mod rep definitely helps and needs to be popular to attempt to fill a large large game.

I do agree with Zor, I was wanting to sign up for a Large Theme for a while but there's not been a lot of options and some of them have been unappealing.

edit:
I know I consider the changes particularly to the normal queue to be quite tedious and annoying to go through, and the recent changes to the large theme queue have certainly made me think twice about submitting a game for that one as well.

Maybe, but they're positive changes on the whole. What changes about the L Theme queue would make you not want to enter it? Is it the limited time to fill the game? Because 3 weeks is more than adequate.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #187 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Faraday »

I don't think there are many things that can be really disagreed with? 'I agree with zoraster' is about the only opinion I offer.

In post 186, nhammen wrote:So you believe that mods with poor or no reputation are part of the problem with the Large Theme queue, and yet you agree with Zor's plan to... increase the number of mods with poor or no reputation on the Large Theme queue?

No. I believe mods with poor reputations running
really fucking big games
is a problem.

What makes you think these new mods are going to have a poor reputation? :? Putting more mods in the queue will increase the number of good mods, since I think on average most people are at least competent at modding and can probably fill a large theme.

If this change has had any effect at all recently, then that argues against Zor's premise.

It's probably filled games slightly quicker, the effect is negligible I'd imagine.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #189 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 188, nhammen wrote:Specifically, the new mods will have no modding reputation, which is one of the points you raised against Gorrad (that he has no reputation among newer players).

Well, see. zoraster thinks we need more mods, the problem with Jordan et all is there games fill super slow. I don't really think they're the same problem? I was basically just saying 'yes those games filled slowly but there are counterpoints see: adwd/gay mafia which both filled super quick'. Even if the new mods are 50/50 bad/good you'll still get a lot more game variety, right?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #213 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Faraday »

Well I suppose I should say boiling it down to simply skill is a little simplistic since there are certain skills that most good mods possess but not everyone is good at everything. Actually yours is much more simple so maybe skill is sufficent.

I mean I think running a large simple open like picking simplicity isn't very taxing in terms of interactions or anything but they can go on kinda long at times.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #237 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Faraday »

so green!otter should we expect any revolutionary changes in large theme stuff soon?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #246 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Faraday »

You just want less green names so you're more special. Don't lie.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #322 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Faraday »

Also the wire has 19 players.

Anyway even with a "large large" people can still fill them if they advertise properly and have an attractive theme/mechanic/mod reputation.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”