Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2945 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by Captain Haddock »

In post 2944, izakthegoomba wrote:The inept would be stupid to use as town, and
scum would have a hard time wriggling out of it if they used it more than once

A scumbag could survive a day by using it constantly till deadline if the day was nearly over :lol:
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3040 (isolation #1) » Wed May 16, 2012 5:57 am

In post 3039, IceGuy wrote:Sounds like the basic mechanics for an interesting Stalinism-themed game.

As long as the posts are saved and backed up by the mod that would be awesome. [REDACTED] Mafia.
"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3068 (isolation #2) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:10 pm

You are the fake-hammerrer. If you vote someone who is at L-1, the vote will not count. You win if...
"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3069 (isolation #3) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I would love that role(unless I was scum)
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3084 (isolation #4) » Mon May 21, 2012 9:55 am

In post 3080, mafia-n00b wrote:
You are
New at this
. At least twice per Day, you must make a post where you get at least one fundamental aspect of the game or the game mechanics wrong. You may not reveal your restriction in any way. You win if you survive to endgame.

lol

In my first game(offsite) I wanted to no lynch Day 1 :D
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3176 (isolation #5) » Thu May 31, 2012 9:05 am

In post 3173, mafia-n00b wrote:
You are
Incredibly Full of Yourself
. Every post you make must include self-aggrandizing language. You are also a 1-shot vig, which you can use at any point by posting a long (500+ word) essay detailing why you're vigging the person you are and talking about how great you are and how smart you are to have found the scum and why everyone else is stupid for not having seen it sooner. You don't have to worry about pissing people off though, because you're bulletproof and lynchproof! You may not reveal your Post Restriction or your Powers. You win with town.

I could do that without that role pm.
MODNOTE: Has no actual Post Restriction or Powers; is actually a Vanilla Townie.

I don't usually like the roles that directly lie to the player like that but this is hilarious.

I suggested these in the fallout shelter.

You are an Evil Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You can grant the wishes with an evil twist. You win if your master's faction loses.

You are a Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You win if your master wishes for you to be free.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 am

In post 3179, Areso wrote:
In post 3176, Captain Haddock wrote:I suggested these in the fallout shelter.

You are an Evil Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You can grant the wishes with an evil twist. You win if your master's faction loses.

You are a Genie. If anyone targets you at night instead of doing whatever they would do, they get a quicktopic with you and 3 wishes. You win if your master wishes for you to be free.

Can the good Genie grant wishes
, or do the wishes do nothing except for wishing the genie free?

Yeah.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3192 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:38 am

You are the cop who wants promotion. Once per a day you have to ask at least 1 person if they're a cop. If you are alive and the cop dies from a nightkill You are promoted and win.

This is reminiscent of someone's play in a marathon game...
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3369 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 am

I hope this one hasn't been done but I think it might have been deleted by the crash:
You are the Village Idiot. You win if you are put at L-1 Day 1 and are not lynched at any point in the game.

You are the Hypnotherapist. There is serial killer around and only you can rehabilitate him. You can target a player at night to cure his psychopathy, which will turn him into a vanilla townie. You can only target someone once. If you target someone who isn't a serial killer he will become one. You win if you rehabilitate the serial killer and any serial killers you create are dead, but only if you are alive WHEN this condition is fulfilled.

More bastard alternative:
You win if you rehabilitate the serial killer and die or survive endgame(without a scum victory) with no other serial killers around. You must use your ability each night.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3407 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 am

In post 3401, JDGA wrote:
In post 3399, McStab wrote:You are the
Unlucky Jester
. You win when you are lynched.

modnotes: Alignment changes to survivor when at L-1, unbeknownst to the player.

This would actually be interesting if you told them that from the beginning (and the transformation was permanent). Evil, but interesting.

I posted a role a lot like that.
In post 3369, Captain Haddock wrote:I hope this one hasn't been done but I think it might have been deleted by the crash:
You are the Village Idiot. You win if you are put at L-1 Day 1 and are not lynched at any point in the game.

But the role I posted is easier because you can win if you are nightkilled.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3452 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:47 am

You are a Lyncher Neighbour. You have a quicktopic with Player B and Player C. You win if Player B is lynched with you on the bandwagon.

You are a Lyncher Neighbour. You have a quicktopic with Player A and Player C. You win if Player A is lynched with you on the bandwagon.

You are A mafia Neigbour. "rest of pm"
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3456 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:57 am

In post 3454, Neruz wrote:That trio right there.

That is magnificent bastardry.

Thanks.
In post 3453, gorckat wrote:That is cruel.

Thanks again. An extra Mafia neighbour to increase qt activity or a circle of lynchers would probably be worse :twisted:
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 am

pm me a link please :o
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3466 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 am

You are the Moonshine Maker. You can target a player at night and give him moonshine. Unless the target is a cop the player will be prevented from tracking you, roleblocking you and killing you for the rest of the game(including that night). If you target the cop you will be arrested(removed from the game) or have your moonshine 'confiscated'(roleblocked). Insert win condition.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”