Cases are anti-town?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:48 am

Post by saulres »

I really prefer when other people give cases with their vote. You may not want to give one because you think they're of no value in getting your target lynched, but I don't think you're looking at it from the other side -- it gives me no read on
you

Since you could be scum, I don't want to waste my time looking over someone you voted for with no reasoning when from where I'm sitting, you could be scum trying to distract me from what I'm looking at. Give me a case and then I have something to think about when evaluating you.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 am

Post by saulres »

In post 116, Faraday wrote:Getting my targeted lynched as scum gives you a read on me!

I don't actually agree with this. Either there's something I still need to learn, or it's just not true. If you don't tell me why you vote, how is getting someone lynched going to help me know your alignment?

(Plus it's not hard to fabricate a case as scum, like it really isn't. )

Well, yes, of course scum can make a case. But then that's something to look at, both before and certainly after flips.

I've noticed a trend in this thread -- for the most part, those arguing against cases have a join date before around 2010, and those arguing for them have a join date after 2010. That parallels my experience playing with people like CES, and the problems I've seen when oldies and newbies play together. I wonder why that is.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”