Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3359 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3355, wierdalexv wrote:Would anyone be interested in Eragon Mafia?

I would be interested.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3367 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3366, DarthYoshi wrote:I had a truly demented epiphany yesterday that would allow me to make full use of my RL occupation for the sake of mafia-game entertainment--

CLERGY MAFIA!

Basically, I take clergy characters from a wide variety of well-known movies and TV series encompassing an array of genres (comedy, drama, thriller, etc) and fashion them into a Large Theme, possibly with some more complex mechanics based on the characters' portrayed abilities or characteristics in their films/shows. I also promise lots of church-related funnies.

Who's in?

PS: If you'd be willing to backup/review, lemme know. :)

I'll so /in for this if I'm available at the time.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3467 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3467, Slaxx wrote:Later this summer I will be running another one of these if there is still enough interest:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17936

EDIT: no explanation

Basically this:

You send me 3 bands you want to play as, each with a "main performance song"

I put something like "Mafia PR, Mafia Weak PR, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Strong Town PR, Protective town PR, Vt, VT" into random.org with players

I match up the players to their respective role, then use the band's songs (not the main one) to determine an "encore" song which represents your Power (ex: Green Day's "Know your enemy" was Cop power in a previous game, Muse's "Resistance" was doctor in a previous game)

Then, if you get lynched, I write up a dramatic death flavor with the lyrics to the song you chose for the main performance song.

Its fun, you get at least some control over the game. I'm just not for sure if I can generate enough interest to do it again or not, it looks like most of my usual band mafia players have left the site.

As long as it doesn't start before late July, I'd definitely be interested.

Also, I'm thinking of running a Mini Theme with a mechanic where players have the choice to leave the door to their home locked or unlocked each night. This being with the basic idea that locking one's door makes it more difficult for both foes and friends to "visit" them.

I've come up with a rough set-up which I think could work with some tweaking, but I'd be interested to know if something like this has been run before, and also if people think it'd be interesting enough to be worth running.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3472 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3473, zoraster wrote:@Deas: With the rate games are filling (even hito's game, which is Zoraster Certified(TM) as awesome, is only slowly filling... go sign up for that), there's little chance the game will start in July, Deas. I'm not even sure my Always On Mafia will start before August.

Oh thanks zor. :) You can probably disregard my PM then.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I think there's been talk of someone/people running pokemon games in either this thread or the review thread. I would always sign-up for one though.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3642 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I think drmyshottyizsik ran one, but I think it may have been abandoned and possibly lost in the crash.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”