Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are the Hooker. Every night, you must roleblock a different player. That player gets to know your role. You win if you survive for 3 Night Phases.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Meransiel »

You misread...the targeted player is informed who is the hooker, not vice-versa. It is a 3rd party neighbor.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Meransiel »

Sparkling Vampire

You are a
Sparkling Vampire
. You have a 1-shot night kill. If you are investigated, if you hammer or if you night kill, your role will be publicly revealed. You win with the Town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Meransiel »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Empking wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Meransiel wrote:You misread...the targeted player is informed who is the hooker, not vice-versa. It is a 3rd party neighbor.
No, I got that part. But if they investigate Scum, scum will be inclined towards killing them.
Really?
Get rid of a roleblocker? Really.
Notice that I said the hooker must target a
different
person each night?

The roleblocking is insignificant, barring the first night.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ninja

You are a
Ninja
. Every night, you must NK another player. All actions used on you during the night are automatically roleblocked, kills included. Excluding Day1, you die if you have 2 votes on you. You win with the Town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Meransiel »

Tragedy wrote:You are a
Devil
You can curse anybody during the Night Phase. Cursing the target makes them fall in love with you temporarily, that they would be your meatshield of the Night. Also, if your target dies, you will too.
That is a succubus. Succubi are demons, not devils.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Meransiel »

What's a Fisherman?
@Tragedy: My avatar is Lucifer after all, I gotta keep this stuff consistent.
Also, this:

You are
Jesus
. To win, you must either get lynched or night killed by the mafia specifically, but only after 2 mafia/serial killers/vigs have died.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Meransiel »

Yes. Also, 8 bit theater FTW!!!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Meransiel »

animorpherv1 wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:
Noob
You can choose to roleblock somebody during the Night while all other roleblocks are directed to you!
Modnote: There are no other roleblockers. Watch them just roleblock whoever they want cause it doesn't matter until the roleblocker dies. >.>
Modnote squared: There are no PRs, or 3rd Party/Mafia/Werewolves
That actually happens a lot.

Also also:

You are
Death
. You are nk immune and lynch immune. You win if there are 2 or less players left at the endgame, beside you. If you win, everyone else loses, even roles that won already (lynchers and non-bastard jesters).
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Douchebag
. You win with the Mafia, but they don't know that. You also don't know who is in the mafia. If you're dead, you instantly lose.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Goth
. You can vote twice per day (second vote is secret). If a town-aligned player is lynched, you are not allowed to vote for a day. You win with the town.

You are
Voltaire
. During each night, you can choose to protect all Goth and Mind Freak players. If you do so, you will die at L-2 the following day. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are
Jack Harkness
. You can't die. You win when everybody else dies of old age.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Weeping Angel
. If anybody targets you at night, he dies. During the day, you are not allowed to vote for people that have a vote on you. If you would get lynched, the one that hammered you dies instead and the day ends. You win if you're not Dayvigged.
Modnote: 4 day vigs
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Meransiel »

cjdrum wrote:
You are
Davros
, Mafia Godfather. You win when the
entire universe
is vaporised. Everything.

Your fellow Daleks are XXX, XXY and XXZ.
Brilliant.

You are
the Master
. Due to the unnerving sound of your own heartbeat, you are forced to post exactly 4 paragraphs in each of your posts. Once per turn, during the night, you can convert a player. Converted players lose their former winning condition (but not their role powers if they have any) and are informed of their conversion, but not that you converted them. Converted players cannot win at ALL. If you die, all converted players turn back to normal. You win if you are alive and everybody else has been converted.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Zombie Master :D.

And why not the 4 paragraph thing? It's a closed setting, nobody will know why he does it.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Meransiel »

It could apply to both, really. But yes, the 4 paragraph bit was sort of a giveaway. Btw:

You are a
Cyberman
. You are not allowed to use the words stupid, gut, feel, feeling, or hope. Also, you are not allowed to lie in any way during twilight. Once per night, target 1 player. If that player would die, he doesn't, and becomes a Cyberman instead. The Cybermen don't know each other, and this is not a faction ability (they can all use it). You win if you are alive at the endgame.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2330 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Post by Meransiel »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Chronopie wrote:
Meransiel wrote:It could apply to both, really. But yes, the 4 paragraph bit was sort of a giveaway. Btw:

You are a
Cyberman
. You are not allowed to use the words stupid, gut, feel, feeling, or hope. Also, you are not allowed to lie in any way during twilight. Once per night, target 1 player. If that player would die, he doesn't, and becomes a Cyberman instead. The Cybermen don't know each other, and this is not a faction ability (they can all use it). You win if you are alive at the endgame.
Multiplying Survivors!
HAAAAAA

WTF

THIS IS AWESOME.

*runs off to go create a Cyberman-centered setup*
For real?
Btw:

You are
Dead
. Your votes don't count towards a lynch, but the other players don't know that. You can't win. If a doctor targets you at night, you become a Vanilla Townie.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Heh, he's fine.

You are a Plot Doctor. You don't help people unless they're relevant. Thus, your protect doesn't work on VTs, Mafia Goons, regular Cultists, non-enabled Backups and survivors. However, if you succesfully protect someone, you're automatically bulletproof the next night.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

Should I remind you that:

You are
Jack Harkness
. Go figure.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Meransiel »

Jack Harkness,
Bulletproof Unlynchable Survivor
, wins the game. There's something wrong here...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are an
Insane Vigilante
. You have 2 daykills per day, and ASIDE from those, you reflexively kill anyone who makes a bad pun. You can't win (lol).
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2351 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Meransiel »

cjdrum wrote: You have two public night kills (per night).
I see what you did thar.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Meransiel »

Cool. (lol)

You are a
Fridge
. If someone makes a claim during the Day (softclaims and incompletes disregarded) you are allowed to use Fridge Logic on him during the night. I will tell you if he was lying or not (but nothing more. If someone claims Doc and is Mafia Doc, it will be Truth. If someone claims Vanilla Townie and is Miller, it will be Lie). Also, once per game, if someone explicitly refuses to claim at L-1, you are allowed to declare
Fridge Brilliance
and I will make a full disclosure of the guy's role. If the guy's role is Vanilla Townie, you will Enter Fridge Horror and suicide during the night. You win with the town.

You are
Willing Suspension of Disbelief
. As long as you are alive,
Fridge
cannot use his abilities. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Meransiel »

gandalf wrote:That's wrong. He should only be able to use his abilities WHILE willing suspension of disbelief is alive.
Nope. As long as you're willing to suspend your disbelief, you DON'T visit the fridge. It's only after WSOD breaks that you desperately need a beer.
Drench wrote:You are
TV Tropes
. If anyone targets you, they will be sucked in and their lives will be ruined. As such, they will no longer be able to go anywhere else on the internet, Mafiascum included. You win when Buffy is rebooted.

Mod Note: mith is ready with the banhammer to enforce.
Brilliant.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Meransiel »

Tragedy wrote:You are
Kyuubey
. When you are killed in any ways (Including Lynches), you will automatically revive without fail. You die when you are roleblocked. You lose when you die.
Modnote: no roleblockers
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Meransiel »

Well, gandi, there are 4 ways to make a role get here:

1. Make it a nuke.

You are a
Dalek
. This means Bulletproof, PGO, and 1 kill per night. You win when everybody else is dead.

2. Make it unwinnable.

You are an
Atoner
. You must hammer a town-aligned and a mafia-aligned player, in that order, in order to be able to win. You win with the town.

3. Make it balanced and attach a bad pun to it.

You are
Death
. You love listening to goth music, but those pesky mortals keep bothering you. The good part is that you can phase out of existence and go to the Underworld during the night for some peace and quiet, and all actions that would have been used on you will fail. BUT, if you do choose to remain on the mortal realm, nobody will be there to guide the souls of the dead, and all killing attempts that night (except attempts on yourself) will fail. You win with the town, but if you die you will get bored with this nonsense and turn into a Neutral Survivor, losing automatically.

4. Give it pointless restrictions.

You are
Blind
. You are not allowed to vote for someone on a page if that person has not posted on that page. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Meransiel »

Wait, this is a day or night ability? Very relevant.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Coward
. During the night, only the first night ability used on you will apply, all others will fail. This is because you will run away like a little baby (first action which is sent chronologically, not according to Natural Resolution). If you are at L-1, you will start panicking, and are forced to claim immediately (and correctly). Also, you are not allowed to hammer, because you don't want anyone's blood on your arms. You win with the town.

Or better:

Player X, you are a Lyncher. Your target is Player Y. If he is lynched, you win.
Player Y, you are an Unrequired Lover. Your unrequired love is shared with Player X (he doesn't know that). You win if both you and Player X make it to the Endgame alive.
Player Z, you are a Douche. You know the roles of both Player X and Player Y, and win if both of them lose.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a Pharmacist. You can give medicine, with varying effects to people. You can give only 1 pill per night. All you abilities are one-shot. Here is what you got:

Revival Pill - This night, the target is protected from any kind of kill.
Cleansing Pill - For 2 nights, the target will ignore all non-killing abilities used on him.
Concentration Pill - For 1 night a player will be completely sane and effective.
Truth Pill - For 1 day the target is not allowed to fakeclaim (being a Mafia Doctor and claiming Doctor is still a fake claim). He can still refuse to claim though.
Sleeping Pill - The next 2 nights the target cannot night talk.
Strong Sleeping Pill - The next night and the next day the target is not allowed to post and night talk.
Poisoning Pill - The target dies the next night.
Killing Pill - The target dies.

All of these are untrackable and unwatchable.

You win if the town wins OR if you use up all your medicine.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Meransiel »

Tragedy wrote:You are the
Oreo Cookies
You don't have any special powers, other than creating an aroma which attracts all abilities to target people randomly instead of their chosen targets. You are unaffected by any Night Abilities. You win when you're killed.

And I thought MY role was overpowered. Wow...just wow.
Last edited by Meransiel on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Regenerating Serial Killer
. Every night, you can kill one other player. You also have a 1-shot bulletproof and a 1-shot lynch immunity. If you lose your 1-shot bulletproof, I will inform you. Also, during the night, you can give up your kill to restore your 1-shot bulletproof. The lynch immunity can't be restored. You win if you're the sole survivor. I won't wish you good luck, because there's no fucking way you could lose.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (isolation #31) » Tue May 03, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

Popular Flaking Loser
. When you lose the game by being lynched or killed, you can take as many people you want to die with you. Of course, you cannot take more than 6 people to die with you. You win when you lose.
You lose when you lose.
Oh wait.

What an epiphany.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (isolation #32) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Neruz wrote:
GreyICE wrote:People die if they are killed!

Captain Jack Harkness doesn't!

I said that joke in this very topic 3 times already.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (isolation #33) » Sun May 08, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are
yourself
. Never let anybody else tell you otherwise, and don't change that for anything in the world, because you were born to succeed! By the way, you can't win. Good luck!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2438 (isolation #34) » Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Meransiel »

I will actually use this in the first Normal I mod.

You are an
Amnesiac
. You have no idea what is your actual role. Don't worry, I will tell you Night 2 - careful though...if you die before that, you lose.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2441 (isolation #35) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Meransiel »

Dude...my first Normal...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (isolation #36) » Fri May 13, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Meransiel »

You're a
Hackzor
. Every night, target a player, and I will send you his role pm. You win if you know the roles of all players alive, AND you're not dead.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (isolation #37) » Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Cruel. Love it.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (isolation #38) » Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Wow. You're great at this.

You are a
Scumbait
. If you are Night Killed by scum, said scum will be revealed as such in-thread. You lose if you die.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (isolation #39) » Sat May 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Actually, if the Mafia has a Rolecop, it's the best role in the game.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (isolation #40) » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Sesquipedalianophobe
. If a player claims a role that is grammatically incorrect, you are forced to kill him. You win with the town, or when the Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobiac dies.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (isolation #41) » Wed May 18, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are an
ADD Townie
. If one day lasts more than 30 pages, suicide. You win with the Town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2486 (isolation #42) » Thu May 19, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Meransiel »

Did a theme setup on another site with these roles (as an example):

You are a
Demon
. Being ethereal, you are immune to all non-lynch kills, even those that bypass protection. You cannot win normally, but you DO know that you will lose if you die.

You are the
Antichrist
. As long as you are alive, you win with the town. When you die, I will tell you who the demon is, and you may kill 1 player every night. Both you and the Demon win if everyone except the Demon is dead.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2492 (isolation #43) » Fri May 20, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Meransiel »

Tragedy wrote:You are the
Bastard Mod
. You tell lies to everybody and you cannot tell the truth. Telling the truth involves an immediate mod-kill. During the Night, you may swap actions against 3 players to another 3 players whom you choose, which one of them must consist yourself as a target. You are immune to Investigations. You PGO anyone who uses non-killing abilities on you, and they will flip as the opposite faction. How bastardly. You win with the town.

I claim VT.

Mod: You claimed
something
, so that's half true.

Ohshi...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (isolation #44) » Sat May 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Closed Setup

You're an
Archivist
. Therefore, you have everyone's job applying files. Once every night, you may state a role name and I will tell you who has that role. You win with the Mafia.

Modnote: town roles are stalker, supersaint, governor, FBI Agent, and Faith Healer.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (isolation #45) » Sat May 21, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Espeonage wrote:That's not to bad a role in a normalish setup.

Given the right (wrong) setup, ANY role can be made bad.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (isolation #46) » Sat May 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Mutilator
. Every night, you may incur the "Dying" status on a player. A Dying player is allowed only to vote, not speak normally and use abilities, and will normally die at night (first night excluded). Doc protects don't remove the status, but stop the death for a single night. You win if you're the only player left alive.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (isolation #47) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Meransiel »

Yeah, that was the point.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (isolation #48) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Meransiel »

You're a
B.A.D. Role
- Blocking, Assaulting Detector. As a passive ability, you can see everyone who targets you at night, and can either Kill or Block one of them. You know that the SK is bulletproof. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (isolation #49) » Mon May 23, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Leashed Townie
. You are not allowed to insult other players, triple post, fakeclaim or replace out during the night. Also, half of your posts must be at least 7 sentences in length. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (isolation #50) » Tue May 24, 2011 12:31 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are
Dorian Gray
. Your portrait is XXXX. If he is night killed or lynched, you become a Miller and a Death Miller. If you would be night killed, he is night killed instead. If you are lynched, he becomes bulletproof. You know there are 2 scum teams, and you know XXXX is scum.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2588 (isolation #51) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
William Shakespeare

Every night, you must send a prose or dramaturgy text between 2000 and 4000 words in length to another player through the mod via PM. Said person will have to comment on it.

You win if any critique you receive is at least as long as one fourth the length of your text, AND is non-ironically positive.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (isolation #52) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Meransiel »

Eeeee, details
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Meransiel »

Unt...wie kommt er zu gewinnen?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2596 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Meransiel »

German is easy.

You're
Tragedy
. You win when everyone in-thread openly declares that they will blacklist you.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (isolation #55) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Meransiel »

You're a
Perfect

Once per night, you may choose 1 role. You are permanently immune to the actions of individuals with that role. Modifiers count, similar abilities don't. (If you choose vig you're immune to dayvig and compulsive, but not sk and cpr). You are also immune to the mafia kill by default.

You win with the Mafia, though you don't know who the members are.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (isolation #56) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Meransiel »

@Empking: ISO me. About 75% the roles I posted here are like that. For the evulz.

And Ythan is right.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (isolation #57) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Reseter
. Once per night, you may target a player. All actions made on that player are blocked, but 1-shot actions are not lost. Then, the mod must send everyone that has been affected thus this message:
"Due to the effect of a role, you must state the target(s) of your ability again."
. They CAN choose the same player the second time, and it will work (they don't know that however). You may not target yourself.

You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (isolation #58) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Worse Player
. You may not comment on night kills and night flips, ever. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (isolation #59) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Meransiel »

Um...you know I was just flaming Fenix for saying something silly, right?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Leibniz
. At least three times per day, you must defend one of your reads using the phrase "Because God" or a variation thereof. Failure to comply will get you modkilled. You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 2616, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Getting that role would certainly disabuse one of the notion that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Naturally. Now back to my D&D obsession.

You are a
Broken Druid
. Here are your abilities:

Passive

Animal Companion Tyrannosaurus Rex:
Once per night, one random person that is never yourself is Strongman Killed. This kill takes place even if the Druid is roleblocked.
Trackless Step:
You do not show up on tracking results. This does not affect Watching.
Resist Nature's Lure:
You have a 50% chance to ignore redirects.
Venom Immunity:
You are immune to all non-instant kills.
A Thousand Faces:
You are immune to cops of any kind, be it alignment, role, or flavor.

Active

(a druid may use only one of his active abilities per day and one per night. also, they are all one-shot)

Bull's Strength:
A selected target is granted the Strongman modifier permanently.
Call Lightning:
Kills the target. Can be used either during the day or night.
Air Walk:
Target gains the Hide night ability, which allows him to ignore all night actions. This ability is active, and thus if the target uses it it cannot use anything else that night.
Call Lightning Storm:
Kills the target and anyone that targeted him that night.
Antilife Shell:
All abilities used on and by the target are roleblocked permanently. He can still be lynched.
Cure Serious Wounds, Mass:
You and your partners are unkillable for 1 night.
Whirlwind:
Kills anyone targeting a selected target. The target is left unhurt.
Antipathy:
Target requires only 2 votes to get lynched permanently. Can be used both during the night and day.
Storm of Vengeance:
Kills 3 people at random. Strongman Kills.

Toggle

(a Druid may switch these abilities one and off whenever he wants)

Wildshape to Gray Render:
You become a PGO, but you may no longer use active abilities.
Summon Nature's Ally - Nymph:
You may use 2 active abilities per night, but you lose your passive abilities.

You win with the mafia, AND if all your partners are dead.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2621 (isolation #62) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Meransiel »

If you think druids are broken due to a SINGLE reason, you should really stop using Gate.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Meransiel »

I would disagree. So let's say we axe Natural Spell. Here is what Druids STILL have over wizzes:

1. They have Diplomacy as a class skill.
2. They have a 2 step better hit dice.
3. They are proficient with much better armor. And the "wood" restriction stops meaning anything after they hit level 11.
4. They have an animal companion that is basically a Fighter of the same level. And that is only the starting list. If you pick from alternates you can easily get to a very high Tier 4.
5. They have more spells per day.
6. They can spontaneously cast summoning spells.
7. Yes, Wildshape is supremely powerful even if you don't spellcast in it. And you get it at level 5, when your spells per day are going to finish rather fast anyway.
8. No aging byotches.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Badass. Wanna pre-in to the D&D-Themed Mini Theme I'll mod?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2627 (isolation #65) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are an
Augur.
You're like the average minstrel, aside from the fact that you can magically determine the future from the movements of bird flocks and human feces. Every night, you may state the name of a player (this can be yourself). If that player dies by a non-delayed kill (i.e. getting poisoned the night before), you become kill immune* the following night.

You win by accomplishing either of the win conditions below:

1. The town wins AND you are alive when that happens.
2. You guess correctly 3 times. It doesn't matter if you're dead or alive. You will be removed from the game**

*An Augur's kill immunity makes him invulnerable to sniping, execution, and strongman kills, but not to poison and poison-like kills.
**Even after this condition is fulfilled the Augur may refuse to exit the game and attempt to win with town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2631 (isolation #66) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Blow Torch
. You are bulletproof, you blow, and you have the following abilities:

1. Daytime suicide. At any point during the day, you may extinguish yourself. You will become confirmed town by mod post, but will die during the night.
2. Nighttime suicide. You may choose to extinguish yourself during the night. If you do so, the next day the mod will publicly reveal all players who used actions on you that night, and you will die.

These deaths are not preventable. You win only if the town wins, AND you are dead before that happens.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2637 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Meransiel »

Fuck this.

You are a
Serial Killer
. You win if all players with Serial in their role names are dead. Yes, including you.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2660 (isolation #68) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Meransiel »

In post 2656, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Obvious strategy: get all the non-cotton balls to claim
non-cotton ball
cotton ball and not be modkilled as a result

Fixed.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2665 (isolation #69) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Meransiel »

So basically the cult leader is a neutral survivor who must never recruit?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are an
Eraser

When you vote someone, the number of votes on him DECREASES instead of increasing. You may not vote yourself. On mod posted vote counts your vote will appear normally, however, if someone reaches normal lynch vote majority and you are on his wagon, nothing actually happens.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (isolation #71) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Meransiel »

This is probably the first role I have posted here that is genuinely bad and genuinely intended as bad:

You are a
Certified Pain in the Ass
. When someone is at L-1 you autohammer him, you cannot autohammer yourself. Aside from this, you are voteless.
If you hammer a non-town player, you will instantly die and turn into a Neutral Survivor, losing the game.

You win with the town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (isolation #72) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Meransiel »

You are a
Republican
. You must claim an investigative power role on the first 3 pages of day 2. You may not admit you were lying until day 3.

You win if the town wins, AND you are not dead at the beginning of day 3.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”