How to win as Mafia: Calculated Inaction

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #77 (isolation #0) » Tue May 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

This thread has been quality reading.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Tue May 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Amrun »

I've been experimenting with some of these techniques, but I've also successfully gone down other routes. In Execution Mafia, for example, I went for broke and pushed hard to become the most obvtown player by far on day 1. In that game, scum got no NK. We had to manipulate the town to become the executioner for the lynch and for the NK, with a couple of power roles on our side to even things out.

I used the day to PR hunt in guise of scumhunting, found a definite PR, and threw away my obv towniness to NK the cop night 1 instead of the no kill policy that several people had advocated.

Since that cop was supposedly my top scum read, I took some heat for it, but survived.

Perfect scum victory get.

My point is that I think this list works, but it's less fun for me personally to play as an active lurker, so I usually don't unless I'm legitimately busy in real life
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Amrun »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Amrun, the point I was making with this list is that it is far too easy to win as mafia. Not that it's fun. I applaud you taking an active role as scum, it's exhilarating to be leading the town in a crusade that could fall around you at any time. Unfortunately when there's no need to play in the way that is fun, there's a problem with the game. That's what I was trying to say. I hope that by posting things like these, people will start to actually consider looking out for the people that do this.

I know what you mean. I hope so, too. If you don't actually manipulate people, then what's the fun in being scum and playing mafia in general?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Mafia Discussion”