How to win as Mafia: Calculated Inaction

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I do actually think that basic nightkill analysis is starting to come back into vouge, which is a good thing for the town. I've seen it used in several recent games. I've also seen some silly townies think it was scummy in all of those games, but hey.

Edit: In general, this is a good guide for a certain strategy of playing mafia. The main weakness of this type of scum play is that you tend to get lynched late, when other people start to look obviously town, and you still look kinda null ish. This is the kind of scum player that usually falls to a good process-of-elimination town strategy midgame. That being said, this style of mafia play does work well, especially if there's a lot of weaker townies in the game to absorb the process of elimination lynches, or if the scum is able to win the game early.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #69 (isolation #1) » Thu May 12, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

It depends on the situation. There was one game where I was a cop with a guilty on someone, attacked them without claiming all day, and was able to nail their partner based on how they were defending that person, and then got another investigation off that night and claimed the next day.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”