The Gameplay Improvement Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:29 am

Post by Netopalis »

Uite, as a player in the newbie game, I can say that you were not terribly overzealous. You were convinced, true, and you were effective in your conviction. The problem is that you can't
always
be right - instead, you must be willing to accept that you will mislynch on occasion. That doesn't mean that you should be any less dogged about your attacks. You may want to remember to continually evaluate your position based on discussion, though.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

Post by Netopalis »

Tunnelvision is a necessary evil, though. When you scumhunt, you obviously must eventually decide that somebody is scum. You could be right, you could be wrong, but if you act timidly when attacking, you will never find out and your talents in finding scum will be wasted. Sure, you probably should have reevaluated, but that's a judgment call. Just stop every few pages and review the weight of the evidence from a blank slate, then decide if you still feel that your target is scum. If not, then call off the attack. Also, if you feel that you're grasping at straws and making something where there is nothing, that's another hint that you're off, or at least are attacking somebody before the appropriate time.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”