Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1950 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:32 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Korts wrote:
News Mafia

Famous real and fictional journalists fight an unknown gang of reporters writing under an as yet undisclosed alias who take all the good scoops and stories. Possible roles include Photographer, Editor, Field Reporter.
I might be able to run if over, I'm playing one in another spot.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1962 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Intersiting.

pre /in.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2001 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

OMG I CAN'T RESIST!

pre /innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2033 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Seraphim wrote:Naruto Mafia. It was the first idea that popped into my head when I sat on the crapper this morning. It would be a semi-smalltown where the character names are known but powers and alignment are not. This is still a work in progress, but I was wondering if there was any interest.
Given that where I'm from, that an Avatar mafia actually finished, I'd say this would be a good idea.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2041 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

[quote="shaft.ed"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]Idea:
* let 12 people sign up.
* create 12 alternate accounts
* Assign alternates to players
* Reveal which 3 players (not alts) are scum and which 9 players are town.
* Make playerclaiming or any form of identifying someone a modkillable offense.
* Watch[/quote]this would be a great game for people trying to experiment with new styles. Would be worried that common spelling and grammatical styles will tip people off though. Of course one can also attempt to copy another's idiosyncracies, but I think that'd be difficult.[/quote]

Of course, they can have a PR to just type boring, bland, useless sentences.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2098 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Plum wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Plum wrote:
skitzer wrote:I have a setup called Lacking Letters Mafia. It has 26 players (naturally) and each role has a letter. As players were eliminated, the use of their letter would be forbidden.

Would this get too frustrating and unenjoyable?
"You can't lynch me! I'm E, remember?!"

It has amusement potential, I think.
V, O, T, E, and any letters in names would have lynch immunity. And to some extent NK immunity. Ir's probably not a good idea unless you provide for that.

I assumed voting would be outside the boundaries of the evolving post restriction (as has been in all the games I've been in with restrictions). If not, as you say, stuff would get pretty fundamentally screwed.
of course, we could go
Q
once V O T and E have been eliminated.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2234 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:44 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

@ shaft ed:

You forgot the retina cones.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2261 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

diddin wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:Would anyone be interested in/supportive of an Animorph mafia? I have some set-up ideas that I'm kicking around in my head, and this will probably be the first game I run when I am mod-eligible.
Ohai Nico. I was a big fan of Animorphs in my younger days, and I would definitely be interested, that series has some big nostalgia value for me.
It goes without saying I'm interested to.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2286 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Anyone up for Olympic Mafia and/or Annoying People Mafia?

Olympic Mafia: Everyone would represent a sport, and some sports want to retract from the Olympics. Could be either a Mini or a Large, and will probbaly be semi-open.

Annoying People: Simple. [insert # here] of annoying people meet one day at [insert place here] and start to get annoyned by everyone else. I'm thinking this would be a closed mini.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2302 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'm thinking it should be a QT, that Players that want to post in can.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2304 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:15 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:I'm thinking it should be a QT, that Players that want to post in can.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2324 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Anyone up for
Thrillville Mafia
?

It would be a Mini Theme (obviously, since it's video game related). I'd like to introduce the placing of stalls, rides, coasters, race tracks and games to benefit the town, but I'm not sure how I'd do that. If I used 2+ parks, each park (split up into 3 areas) would have 3 seperate "energy tanks", 1 for each area. Placing an object would use some the the tank, but give town an affect.

EX. Park A has
12 400 Power, and the possibility to place any amount of these, as long as they don't go over
I checked the game, and the actual thing has 12 400 Power for each park area.
:

You can place 1 of 2 Rides (1 gives more power and the other gives more time to lynch) (250 Power each)

You can place a stall (which will give 1 member of the game a vig kill) (100 Power)

You can place a game (which will give everyone a flavour cop invesitgation) (150 Power)

You can place a racetrack (which will give a cop an extra investigation, if there is a cop) (500 Power)

You can place a Coaster (which will give you an extra lynch) (750 Power)

And you can place any of the following as long as you don't go over 1000 Power. If you do, then the whole park goes dark, and Day Ends.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2325 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

animorpherv1 wrote:Anyone up for
Thrillville Mafia
?

It would be a Mini Theme (obviously, since it's video game related). I'd like to introduce the placing of stalls, rides, coasters, race tracks and games to benefit the town, but I'm not sure how I'd do that. If I used 2+ parks, each park (split up into 3 areas) would have 3 seperate "energy tanks", 1 for each area. Placing an object would use some the the tank, but give town an affect.

EX. Park A has
12 400 Power, and the possibility to place any amount of these, as long as they don't go over
I checked the game, and the actual thing has 12 400 Power for each park area.
:

You can place 1 of 2 Rides (1 gives more power and the other gives more time to lynch) (250 Power each)

You can place a stall (which will give 1 member of the game a vig kill) (100 Power)

You can place a game (which will give everyone a flavour cop invesitgation) (150 Power)

You can place a racetrack (which will give a cop an extra investigation, if there is a cop) (500 Power)

You can place a Coaster (which will give you an extra lynch) (750 Power)

And you can place any of the following as long as you don't go over 1000 Power. If you do, then the whole park goes dark, and Day Ends.
Anyone? Please?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2327 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I don't really like the idea in general. I'd make it so all mafia members submitt 1 (or 2) members, depening on size of mafia, so they can submitt a kill.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2329 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Max wrote:I don't see what your really saying the purpose is that the mafia groups though have to eliminate each other have to work together initially to have a night kill.
I was working on the "well that's not fair for the third mafia group, they are gonna get mowed down" concept.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2333 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I get it.

But I'd like someone to comment on mine. I keep getting really over complictaed ideas.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2335 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Max wrote:Animo.

You're over-complicating it.

Is it ever going to be balanced when you can buy 2 cop investigations a day?

First just think about it seriously would

3 Mafia
3 Sane Cops (Remember 1 Cop + 2 Bonus Cops)
6 Townies

Just think about it that way. Or don't run it yet. A better idea for a first theme is a simple deviation.

If your going to do what you outline don't make the town so incredibly powered.
The game will start off with 12 Players, a GF, 2 goons and the rest VTs. As the game moves on, eventually the players will build a ride, and a player will get a role (each role will be guaranteed to be there only one time, and only specific rides will do this, and only some rides wil lgive roles, the rest will be normal), by random selection.

I was also contemplating doing a guests stat thing, and if they pay no attention to it, the guests leave and mafia wins.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2337 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:59 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ElectricBadger wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Anyone? Please?
Overly complex imo. Your days will involve more discussion of what to do with the power then scumhunting.

Also, as set out the mafia just need to spam new additions to skip days.
Well, any ideas on how I can make the game less complex? I wanted to make it Thrillville, and contain something Thrillville-esque.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2339 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Max wrote:Ani, just think about your game, write down the following just to give you a vague idea about what to do when making this clear and understandable:

1. Have a Clear Idea

Right, I'm going to cite Perfectionist Mafia for this, the idea was simple, if you make a mistake you can't use your ability.
It wasn't clouded by anything else, I'm not sure what at all your game is trying to do. Pick, are you trying to make it so that powers can be evolved by town wish or do you want powers to be acquired by the same thing?
Doing both will make the game either too complicated to enjoy or too confusing for anyone to understand.

2. Go Through Your Role Listings

Is there any breaking strategy? (E.g. Cop and Doc, cop claim then follow the cop while mafia aim to kill doc).
Is there a pair of roles that could prove each other?
What order are the roles going to be handed out?

3. Look as a Moderator

Is it manageable?
Can you stick to the deadlines you want?
Is it fast enough (Nobody likes a game that lasts over a year), now this doesn't necessarily mean that it's over in a few days, but at least it won't be able to turn into chess manager.

4. Look as a Player

What would you do as scum? as town?
What is the ultimate strategy? For scum? For Town? (Note At this stage it'll reinforce the earlier potential breaking strategies)
Do you at any point see where this game is not won but pointless to continue?
I understand most of it, except what does handing out the roles have to do with making a fun game?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2341 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Ok, that was posted wrong, but what does the order have to do with anything?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2343 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:19 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Max wrote:
Ok, that was posted wrong, but what does the order have to do with anything?
That order is the way I've always done it.

I probably always will. You are packing 3 games into one. Which is not good, do them one at a time, and relax and do them at a slower pace.
I understand. I'll try to figure it out, and come back (eventually).

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2346 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

ElectricBadger wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Well, any ideas on how I can make the game less complex? I wanted to make it Thrillville, and contain something Thrillville-esque.
The main issue IMO is that the talk of what to build will seriously distract from the game itself. I suggest limiting it by making it a night action.

How about this: start with only townies; each night, every townie can send in a vote of what to 'build', of a limited selection, and this determines a role that is assigned to a random townie (so townies become PRs as the game progresses). Some attractions may have obvious results, others may be surprising.
Thank you! This is just what I was looking for!

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2349 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ElectricBadger wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Thank you! This is just what I was looking for!
Awesome, glad you like!

May want to give townies a chance to vote while they confirm, too. Otherwise it'll be N2 before any PR's can do anything.
That'd be a good idea.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2363 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

This is still in the really early stages (Thrillville hasn't even started yet!) but when I get to mod a Large, who would be interested in Proverb Mafia? It would be like Normal Mafia, except instead of Flavour, you get Proverbs (also called sayings) that somehow link to your role. Oh yeah, it would probably involve Voteless (I would give Voteless something similar to a Day Vig)/Priests/Actors (but no Beloved Prinesses)

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2366 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Pomegranate wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:This is still in the really early stages (Thrillville hasn't even started yet!) but when I get to mod a Large, who would be interested in Proverb Mafia? It would be like Normal Mafia, except instead of Flavour, you get Proverbs (also called sayings) that somehow link to your role. Oh yeah, it would probably involve Voteless (I would give Voteless something similar to a Day Vig)/Priests/Actors (but no Beloved Prinesses)
Wasn't this the game that
we
were going to run?
LOL Now that you say it, yea. I actually went out and found some stuff for it, if you want to take a look.

Page a Day Calendars FTW.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2379 (isolation #25) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Well, since I've been throwing around a lot of idea, what do people think of Sims Mafia?

If this goes through, I'd need a group of people that have the Sims (preferably Sims 3, because that's the one I have, and I will be basing it off of) and/or are good at balancing setups. Once the game goes into signups, when players /in, they would choose about 4-5 traits from a list (I'm thinking 30 or so), and the mod team would create a setup, with one trait from each person being the "dominant" trait that would give that person their role.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2388 (isolation #26) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Seraphim wrote:Glee Mafia would be hilarious.
I want to run an actual SDchool Rumble. Like Teachers vs, Students vs. Prinicipal

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2401 (isolation #27) » Sat May 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

@SSBF:

I've never played the game before, but I'm willing to help, seeing as
I'm actually able to mod a Mini Theme currently.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2403 (isolation #28) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

You should've PM'ed me the QT.

Now anyone who is ehre can read it.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2440 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:40 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I disagree with giving the best Power ups to last place, because then it'll become a race for Last Place, which is not what Mario Kart is. You need to give an incentive for people to come first if you do it that way (like, a 1-shot 100% gauranteeed sane rolecop investigation for example)

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2450 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:05 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Once I get a Lower Load of games to mod, I would (eventually) like to mod
Thrillville: Off The Rails
Mafia.

The big change to the mechanic of the Original would be getting "points" based on being a good townie (providing cases, voting, FoSes, posting meaningful posts etc.), and once you get a certain amount of points, you would "rank up", like in the game, and aqquire anew PR, or a fix to an old one. All people would start at Rank 0.

EX.

I am at rank 0 (and I start of as a Vanilla Goon)

When I rank up, at say, page 5, I may gain a GF ability, but only with a 50% chance of working (rank 1)

When I rank up again, at say, page 12, My GF ability will always work (rank 2)

For the last rank up, I may get a 1-shot Janitor ability (hiding the role of the other player, but revealing it to only that player)

Now, you may be saying
But what if I just vote (or FoS) and unvote (or unFoS) X amount of times to rank up?
My answer to that is
Only two votes and FoSes would count each page!
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2452 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:Does it bother you that you'll have to make the subjective determination of who is worthy of points? Or will you provide some way for the players to evaluate that?

It'll more than likley be the latter. Like, a player would PM me when another player has made a meaningful post. Of course, there would need to be restrictions on this to.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2454 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:so if a player is confirmed or mostly confirmed as town and the town decides to send you a million PMs to level him up to be uber?
I'd more than likely make a max # (2 a day, maybe?) of times you can PM me to give points. See 1) and 2)
How about if mafia players want to rank up their own players?
Same as before. Make a max # times a single player can PM me to give points. See 1) and 2)
How about if town determines that the best thing for them to do is not to PM ever because it's more likely to help scum than town (after all, in a 12 player game with 3 scum, town has a 1/4th chance of helping a scum level up whereas a scum will never help a town level up).
Then that is their decision. There are other ways of getting points, to.
answers in bold

1) Another way could be if you give someone points, you will lose that many points.

2) Each player would definatley be able to give 1 point at a time.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2456 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

hahahah, I'm not that good at Theme Ideas, am I.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2458 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:43 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

So, anyone have any Ideas? Constrictive Critisism is great, but I need some problem fixers, to.

EDIT: I'd like to keep the Rank Idea, so henceforth the Town Ponts as well.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2460 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:56 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hmm.... I like the idea, to a point. The one problem with that is if town decides to mass point give to a player who is scum. That way, town gets nothing.

And I wanted to promote good town play.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2462 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:Hmm.... I like the idea, to a point. The one problem with that is if town decides to mass point give to a player who is scum.
I don't understand - if Town gives points/a pass/free lynches to a Scum player, they almost
always
lose (and
deserve
to). That's sort of the point of the game as Town... if you trust the wrong person/people too much, you die.

How are you envisioning play that wouldn't be susceptible to that problem??
I actually have an idea of how to get started on this.

After Thrillville ends, I will send all the players a Survey. That survey will include what they think good town play is. I will use
The most popular definition
as "good town play", and every time I see that, I will give that player a point.

Of course, with a small sample size (12 players) I'd need to make more people take the survey.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2463 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:48 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Alright, the survey has been made just PM me if you want one.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2467 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Weird Al sounds like a trip.
+1 for EPYC or Weird Al.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2497 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:53 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Alright, this may be a lot, but after Thrillville ends, and possibly Super Smash Bros. OR Thrillivlle: OTR, I wanna make a Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Insider Story Mafia.

If anyone wants to help with makig it when it comes along, there are 2 things you must know:

1. KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME IS A MUST! This way, setup design is maximised per charachter

2. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO MOD A LARGE THEME, in case this turns out to be a Large Theme. Right know, I want it to be a mini, but looking at the charachter list, that's not likely.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2525 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ReaperCharlie wrote:haha I should have /in'db4AndriusgushingoverFE

You're a bit late...

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2532 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:29 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hey, I just got an idea.

Plants Vs. Zombies mafia. I have a cool mechanic idea, but it would need some tweaking as not to turn into chess mafia again. I'd like to start soon, as I think there are probably some major tweaks needed with it. The game WOULD be Nightless.

EDIT: FOUND.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2774 (isolation #42) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

So, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in pop music mafia?

There will be one twist. Each player would have a role-wise ability (called "consequence" for now) that coincides with their charachter.

The quickest Example I can think of that isn't a role already in my head:

You are Lady Gaga [Role] [Explanation].

Consequence: ["Bad Romance", Active]: Give me the name of two people (you may not include yourself) whenever you want to use this ability. For the rest of the game, they are lovers (they still keep their previous roles). They will not be told about such.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2791 (isolation #43) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

That would be a cool theme to run. I'd play it.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2797 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

So, I'm going to skip the pop music mafia for now, since it's already been done, in exchange for an older idea (if someone would be willing to help me)

If anyone would be willing, mole and I started making up a Plants Vs. Zombies Mafia, for 18 players. Since I don't think he's around anymore, if someone would like to continue helping me with it's that'd be great. Just send me a PM and I'll send you all the info we had that I still have.

~ Found, I think. May end up running as a Mish Mash
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2801 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:Just a quick floating of an idea, not really planning on running this any time soon. If someone likes it enough, they're more than welcome to claim it. I think it's an interesting little idea, good for someone who wants to run a very simple theme game that'll still have some intriguing effects.

Dichotomy Mafia

Each night the mafia is given one of two people to kill. If possible, one will be a power role and the other will be a vanilla townie. The mafia must have every player as an option once before having any player repeat.

Town should probably have roughly half VTs, half PRs.
Not a bad idea. Would the players for killing be randomized?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2803 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
zoraster wrote:Just a quick floating of an idea, not really planning on running this any time soon. If someone likes it enough, they're more than welcome to claim it. I think it's an interesting little idea, good for someone who wants to run a very simple theme game that'll still have some intriguing effects.

Dichotomy Mafia

Each night the mafia is given one of two people to kill. If possible, one will be a power role and the other will be a vanilla townie. The mafia must have every player as an option once before having any player repeat.

Town should probably have roughly half VTs, half PRs.
Not a bad idea. Would the players for killing be randomized?
Could be. But I might not as it provides a great opportunity to provide some anti-swing to the game. For example, if you want the game to have a vigilante to the very end, you'd put them as the last PR option.

As long as you aren't choosing people because you like/dislike them, it's all good in my books.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2805 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:well, what i'd do is before the game is started have a list that's something like:

Power Roles:
1. Mason 1
2. Doctor
3. Vigilante
4. Cop
5. Mason 2

And then just cycle through those once. When everyone has been "seen" as a chance once, possibly let scum choose at will? (those were just the first PRs I thought of, not a suggestion).

As much as I'd probably switch around the list (I'd put Mason 1 at 3, so there isn't a confirmed flying around for 4 days, and I'd put Doctor at 1, and Cop at 2), it's a good idea.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2809 (isolation #48) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

zoraster wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
I can't put my finger on it, but
I don't like Dichotomy AT ALL. You're doing at least half of the PR-hunting for the scum, and it actually increases the swing in a lot of ways (Oh, I'm sorry that the Cop claimed D2 and you hit the Townie instead of the Doc... you'll have to wait until Day 7 to kill the Doc now).

If you could work up a PR list that had absolutely zero synergy within it, AND could reliably rank them from least effective for town to most effective for town, then maybe.
Yeah, that is the problem with it: it means if you miss on getting the PR you have to wait a long time before getting another shot. If I did it, i might include a scum role that allows the scum to repeat the choice the next day or sometihng once in the game.

$5 says this role goes to vezo, werewolf, me or someone one the likes.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2881 (isolation #49) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'd agree with GreyICE, but I'd check it through mith. There have been several mafia games run through TWSOGMM, and they seem to fit into this category.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2883 (isolation #50) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

GreyICE wrote:No, I mean it would be more fun in Mish Mash.

Let people form alliances, break alliances, backstab each other, that sort of thing. Let them buy things like a neighborizor role to use to communicate with their "allies." Trade resources. Etc.

Maybe let the last three people alive win, as well as the 'buy a win' thing.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2886 (isolation #51) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Whatever happened to "the dice have no place in mafia"?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2888 (isolation #52) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Honestly, nothing against you or the game idea (I actually quite like it. It could easily run as a Mish Mash, from my direction, if you just change around some of the abilities), but it looks to Mish Mash-ish for a Mafia games. The ability to buy and, upgrade and use what essentially are rewards has been used is Mish Mash before. Many times. It's being use din an ongoing game right now.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2890 (isolation #53) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

The buying and selling, Nomic.

The using of powers, SO MANY (for one, Haunted Mansion).

The trading of Powers, [ongoing game I don't feel like mentioning], 1000 Blank White Cards, etc.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2891 (isolation #54) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Honestly, 1KBWC fits for all of them, Nomic fits for all of them.

I couldn't be assed to think of any more right now.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2893 (isolation #55) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Technically, in the current ongoing 1KBWC there is a minority and a majority. If you want to be technical, no, it is not informed vs, uninformed.

But I strongly believe this game has more potential in Mish Mash because a game that involves all of the above has a high potential to confuse the players and make them focus on the mechanic more than the game.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2895 (isolation #56) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm still worried about people focusing on the mechanic more than the scumhunting.

If you could put the rolls at the end of the day, this may solves the problem a little bit.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2929 (isolation #57) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

The Sims 3 Mafia.

It would be somewhat U-Pick ish, so I'd probably need at least 3 balancers, at least 1 of which would need to know the game. There would be a list of traits. Each trait picked would give that player a chance of being that role. (not sure how many would end up being put in the list. The more traits, the greater the diversity, and possibly amount of swing in the game. It could end up being a bastard.) Everyone who signs up would pick 3 - 5 traits, and preferably make up a name as well (name would be nothing other than flavour). Alignment would be picked regardless of the trait, so someone might pick Evil in hopes of getting mafia, but get town instead.

For example:

Tragedy /ins to the game, and picks the following 5 traits:

Evil - Killing role
Charismatic - Roleblocker
Couch Potato - Vanilla Townie
Family Oriented - Mason
Coward - Commuter

Tragedy may now either be a killing role (Vig, SK or Mafia), Roleblocker, VT, Mason or Commuter. The specific role Tragedy would get would be picked by the review/balance team.

Thoughts?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2931 (isolation #58) » Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

We'll see... *cackle*

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2933 (isolation #59) » Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Um, I was actually hoping for people who have reviewed games before and/or are good at balance + are able to mod a Large Theme.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2935 (isolation #60) » Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Seems similar to Faraday's recently completed Theme Game, but the main difference being it would take longer, as in that one, we could vote for all 3 players we wanted to put in for supposed elimination at once.

Edit: Here it is! http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=16952

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2944 (isolation #61) » Wed May 25, 2011 11:07 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Can I get some more comment on my idea?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2951 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Also, if you do get worried about that, no reveal would solve that.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2953 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:01 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Alright then.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2955 (isolation #64) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:02 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

ooba wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:The Sims 3 Mafia.

Evil - Killing role
Charismatic - Roleblocker
Couch Potato - Vanilla Townie
Family Oriented - Mason
Coward - Commuter
So players submit a list of 5 traits based on what they think the role is - each trait is tied to a role - you decide one trait=role for everyone so that the setup is balanced.

I'm not sure fixed trait = this role is such a good idea; Rather the idea of players suggesting five traits out of which you you pick three and create a role which captures all three traits seems much more fun to me - both from a mod-setup creation perspective and from a player perspective.

Hmm.. I like that idea.

Would you be willing to back-up for me?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2957 (isolation #65) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hold on a few minutes. Let me get a list of all the traits first, and I'll send you a link to the QT.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2997 (isolation #66) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Yes

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3001 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I chose AlmasterGM in his CYS game.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3099 (isolation #68) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Tragedy wrote:Going to need help making Plants VS Zombies (Large Theme Game) for the deep Future.
PM if you could help.

NOTE
: Might require 3 or more people for help, which includes Reviewing the Setup, Game Balancing, Making the Roles, etc.

Already have 1 Person.

Question, are you planning on using mechanics of the game or no?

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3104 (isolation #69) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Tragedy wrote:Yes, I'm using the Mechanics of the game I mentioned earlier (With the "No Reveal" Night Kills)

._. I'll have to ISO you for that, but I was thinking of the PvZ mechanics. I was planning on doing that a while back.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3114 (isolation #70) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

You might want to think about this, but in general 10:3 setups are better balanced than 9:3.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3131 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

theplague42 wrote:I had a great idea for a Theme game earlier today but now I can't remember.... I'll think of it eventually.

Whatever you do, DON'T wake me up at 3 AM if you remember.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3150 (isolation #72) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

So, I just remembered an idea from an old forum of mine that I'm wondering what you guys though of. I'd name it Insomniac mafia or something like that.

The main difference is that some people can talk only at Day, and some at Night. The people who talk in Day Phases have Night Actions, and the people who talk in the Night Phases have Day Actions. There would be a few people who could talk during both Night and Day, and can send 1 action for either Day or Night.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3153 (isolation #73) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

It's nice to see definite interest that fast.

Deadline would be short (about a week, both Day and Night), so I'd probably have to advertise it as a Speed.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3159 (isolation #74) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 3160, Quilford wrote:Claiming
Animorphs Mafia

:lol:

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3215 (isolation #75) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 3216, Quilford wrote:idea for four year olds

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #3258 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I'd assume that they either win and disappear or win and stay.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”