More Leeway for Normal Flavor

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Twomz wrote:Hmm, this got me thinking. A lot of mods distinguish between different faction kills (gunshot = vig, knife = SK, poison/garrote/beat up/ect = mafia) that's not against the current rules, correct?
No, I don't think so. It never has been in the past, certainly.

I don't think "kill method" is a "flavor" issue at all; I tend to think of it as a specific and common normal game mechanic, that can be used to give hints to players as to what faction is making which kills, and also can interact with specific roles (especially the gunsmith.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ythill wrote:
  1. Normal games must be flavorless, contain only flavor based on mafia or werewolf, or adhere to the following guidelines.
FTR, I was under the impression that the current rule is "Flavor must be based on mafia, warewolf, or face to face games."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

zoraster wrote:I think you guys are confusing my proposed normal draft changes with the official rules.
No, the werewolf, mafia, face to face was the official rule long before you made that wiki page, zor. For a long time, it was just werewolf and mafia were allowed in the mini normal queau, and then I believe at some point mith specifically approved face to face as another valid flavor, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

I can't for the life of me figure out where that was said, though.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”