Lurking vs. Keeping Quiet

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Is there a difference?

No... there's no excuse not to post to a game each time you're on mafiascum.
15%
Maybe... not entirely sure. Sometimes I stay quiet, sometimes I'm a chatterbox.
30%
Yes... sometimes it's better to keep quiet than post just for the sake of posting.
55%

Total votes: 60

cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:49 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I voted for the first one, not because I necessarily agree with the wording, but more the spirit. My prime example is Bobacino. How I loved that brave guy. (where did he go?)

During the first two days of Intrigue, he posted to his heart's content. His posts were full of musings, suspiscions and idle banter the likes of which are rarely paralleled even on this board. Did he clog up the pages with worthless junk? I say no.

Another example is mathcam, who comes up with so many ideas that some of them are bound to stink. mathcam is lynched for those bad ones, while the town prospers from his good ones. Is this a good thing? (well, clearly part of it is...). Again, I say no.

You see, even when you have nothing to say, I'm sure you can think of something, if you try hard enough. Reread the latest night scene, and speculate outloud about the possibility that the real crook is the confirmed cop (is he really confirmed?) And if you're dumb, tell me a joke.

Will you be persecuted for these ideas? At first yes, but I pledge to renew the posting campaign. My posts from now on in games will have no shame, show no mercy, and have no respect for the artifical barriers of decency we have constructed. You are not safe in a town with me, unless you are posting, and posting merrily.

(hint: the scum will be revealed through their posts... bringing us full circle to the point of the game... and this post to a tidy conclusion)

En garde scum.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”