Browser Extension Vote-Counter (early demo)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #81 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, the file formatting is possibly not explained well enough. A sample file might help? My first attempt at formatting the .yaml file led to absolutely nothing happening when I clicked the button. Removing the parts other than the playerlist and changing the indentation of the names through direct copy-paste of the formatting makes it
try
to do something, but it just pulses circles forever until leaving the page. Tested it on both Edge and Opera.

Is it supposed to actually be able to located the .json file when loading the extension? It loads when I navigate to the folder the file is in and tell it to use that folder so I thought that was good enough, but the file browser isn't actually
seeing
the file there.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, I can't see that I'm doing anything that doesn't match your example. I'm not familiar specifically with .yaml format but I'm not totally ignorant of code and nothing in the further explanation helps figure out what's going on. I copy/pasted the playerlist section directly from your latest example here to make sure the spacing was what's intended and it's still just simply doing nothing again when I click the button (after trying to adjust things further I was never able to get back to even seeing the eternally-pulsing circle again. And yes, the circle is all I got when I had it, there was no text accompanying it like in your demo video).

Spoiler: just using the playerlist for a barebones effort

Code: Select all

players:
	- Black
	- NekoLover
	- DragonEater70
	- FakeGod
	- Klick
	- Titus
	- Dannflor
	- Skygazer
	- Claptastik

for the game here if you want to see if it works for you, all I can think right now is there's some incompatibility with my system. I don't really feel like putting all this on Chrome just to test whether somehow straight-up Chrome will work where other browsers fail. :?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #87 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, it's good now; knowing it needs indentation of four spaces instead of tab makes all the difference.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

This thing still hates me no matter what I do. :lol: Can't even get it working with just the player list again. I recall last time I used it I had to workaround the dead section not working by just removing those players from the list.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:34 am

Post by Aureal »

Nope, definitely using spaces. Repeatedly tried copy/pasting the both the last game's file and the formatting you gave me and just adjusting the names.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Mafia Discussion”