Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
The Tank
. You're very good at taking the heat, and you are not afraid to mix it up in the daily discussions. If all else fails, you have secret knowledge you can use against others to get them to talk. Every night you can select someone to be taunted. For the rest of the game, taunted players have a post restriction where they must respond to all of your posts between their last posts and their next posts. Furthermore, they must comment on each sentence and phrase in your posts on a sentence-for-sentence basis. They may then proceed with whatever else they wanted to say. Failure to follow this restriction will have consequences of either loss of ability or possible modkill, depending on the number of infractions.

You win with the (insert alignment here). You have to pay your own repair bill if the game is abandoned.
Mod note: All players without power roles (plain mafiosos and vanilla townies) will be Tanks. At the mod's discretion, taunts may stack or replace each other. The Tank role PM should be adjusted accordingly.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are The
Mod's Sick Joke.
Frankly, it takes a sadistic bastard mod to run a game featuring roles from the worst ideas thread. Unfortunately for you, the mod of this game is a sadistic bastard. Unlike The Mod's Worst Enemy, it's not enough to point you out to every townie in existence. Nor is the mod going for an outright modkill. The mod has decided to torture you for amusement.

Your role will change at the beginning of each day, including the first day. You will adopt all aspects of the new role, yet you will retain a post restriction mentioned below and your Mod's Sick Joke winning condition. The mod will choose the role for you. Since the mod has omniscience, the mod will make the best attempt to screw you over. Your mission is to thwart the mod's intentions and survive until the end of the game.

You are restricted from claiming (or suggesting) the existance of this role, and you cannot confirm someone else's theory on this role. You must also abide by the post restrictions of whatever your current role is for the day (and night should it become necessary).

I have some good news. Some of us feel this mod needs to be put back in line, so we've changed the role a bit if the mod wanted to use it. First, you also have your current role's win condition, and if you die that win condition will still be applicable. Second, if you manage to fulfill your original win condition by surviving to the endgame, you get to write the final death scene and avenge yourself on the mod. Good luck.
I was thinking about Jesters and then I thought of this.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
Bad With Names
. You can remember and analyze posts, but for some reason you can't remember who posted them. You can guess though. In fact, you have a post restriction: whenever you refer to a previous post, you must credit that post to a player that did not actually post it. This applies to quote references or other ways of referring to posts. If you fail to follow this restriction, the mod will give the scum the name of a player who is a town power role. If you mention this restriction in-game, you will be modkilled. You lose if modkilled. You win with the town on the condition that the town doesn't lynch you.
Mod note: Setup is based on mountainous.
You are
Disenfranchised
. You can't vote. You win with the town.
Mod note: Disenfranchised does not count for purposes of endgaming.
You
Stand Out
. You are a scumbuddy with XXXX and YYYY. When the mod posts your name for any reason, it's formatting will be set differently from other names to make it more apparent (ie italics). Furthermore, if someone else posts your name, the mod will edit that post to make
your
name stand out. You win when the town no longer outnumbers the mafia, or nothing can prevent the same.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
the God of <game thread title>
Your decree is law in <game thread title> (with a few exceptions), and a violation of your decree is a modkillable offense. You dream of starting your own religion and being worshiped. To that end, you will subvert the other players and make them your servants, and dispose of the heretics. Players may declare their worship for you by saying "Worship: XXXXX" in the game thread. You may want to entice them to your cause with your godly powers. You win when all other players either worship you or have been erased from existence (killed).

Exceptions: You can't affect who players vote for. You can't change other player's roles. You can't vig (except through the mod, even then your decrees shall not mandate a player's death directly). You can't change those ubiquitous administrative rules given by the mod at the start of the game, but you may petition the mod. Your decrees are not retroactive.

Other caveats: You can't be killed, you are the God of <game thread title>, damn you. Votes on you must be unanimous (excepting yourself) to get you lynched. You choose whether non-kill abilities affect you, and what the result will be if they do.

Beware, for there is another way for you to be overthrown.
Optional: God is required to have worshipers by the end of day 2.
Optional: God must win by day 7. Game starts on day 1.
You are a
Townie
. Normally you would just be a voter who wins with the town when all non-town players have been eliminated, but apparently you can stand defiant as a night-action for some reason. What purpose this may have is unknown to you.
You are
MafiaScum™
. Normally you, XXXX, and YYYY would seek to deceive the town during the day and murder them at night in pursuit of a victory requiring all non-mafia players to be eliminated, but you also have the ability to stand defiant at night for some reason, which does not prevent you from making nightkills. What purpose this may have is unknown to you.
Mod note: If all non-God players stand defiant, God disappears.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You have been
Time-Shifted a day Later
. Everyone else thinks the game just started, but you're on day 2. Someone has already been lynched, and only you seem to remember it.

You must act as if the events that are going to occur from the other players have already past in your timeline. References to day 1 must be in the past tense, and you must pretend someone has been lynched and some night actions have been taken from the day the other players are in. If a player you "remember" getting lynched or having died did not die on that day, you will be lost in time (death and loss). Same goes for past night actions and public discussion thereof. You win if you survive until the end of the game.
Mod notes:

Time-Shifter is unlynchable day 1 and immune to all actions night 1, s/he isn't really there, yet... The Time-Shifter's votes count on the day they are cast in his/her timeline (for changing votes, length of time from the start of the day is measured). If the Time-Shifter dies via lynch or night kill, all time-shift posts after the game day in which the death occurs are deleted. The hammer/killer is warped into the same future state, but retains his/her previous win condition (lost in time is not a loss). Any post night 1 actions performed on the Time-Shifter warps the actor to the same future state before the action is resolved, but the actor retains the previous win condition (lost in time is not a loss).

Edit: If a time-shifted player is alive on the last possible day in the normal timeline, s/he must congratulate the winning side and discuss the postgame as if all roles had been revealed.

I think with a little extra added bastard moddery, the role above would be interesting.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
TyphoidScum
. You're sick, but not respectful enough to keep your disease from infecting others. For every post you make, someone will else will get a temporary post restriction where they are only allowed to use characters found in the post giving them the disease (excluding votes/unvotes). Each character in that disease post can be be used at most once, but if a character appears multiple times in the disease post, it can also appear up to that many times in the post-restricted post. If you mention or quote specific people in your post, one of those people will be selected to get the disease. If the post does not refer to anyone, then a random person gets the disease.

Possible Win-Conditions: Town, Survivor, Scum
Mod Note: infected players who break the post restriction once will develop the infectious properties of
TyphoidScum
for the rest of the day. For the second break, the player is restricted to votes/unvotes for the rest of the day and permanently retains the infectious properties. If the player breaks the PR a third time, that player will die of the disease (modkill).
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are a
truther.
You believe that this game is actually a bizarre conspiracy by the mod to murder a bunch of innocents for financial and power gains. Your job to fight the NMO (New Mafiascum Order).

You win when you convince the town to majority vote the mod. This winning condition persists beyond the grave.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1890 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are a
One-Shot Miller
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Rashiminos »

PokerFace wrote:Does that mean you are seen as miller by first investigation or by any action, or does that mean you can make one player a miller for one night?
I hadn't thought too much about the win condition, so I left it vague.

Ideas: Pro-town. Has to use ability on self for a night before endgame to win.
Survivor, becomes town by switching to miller.

Post restrictions. Other mod bastardness.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1898 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
Tarhalindur's Chainsaw
. Anytime a player is attacked, you must defend that player.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1900 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

dramonic wrote:thing is, if you defend said player through a chainsaw defense, you'll have to defend the player you're defending the player agaisnt, since you'll have attacked him.
Yep. You'll also have to defend any player you attack.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1912 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are a
Super Miller.
Any investigatory action that targets you will give an anti-town result (if possible).

Examples: Cop: Guilty
Role Cop: Mafioso
Tracker: targeted a dead/threatened body

Mod note: In a bastard setup, a super miller is also a death miller.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2339 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are the
Joker
. You win when you are lynched. If the game ends before you get lynched, you lose.

You have two abilities:
You can dayvig as many times as you wish, either by announcing it in thread or through PM to mod.
For example:

Kill: Obvtown.

You can gift one-shot cop investigations as many times as you wish through PM. All results from such investigations will be either paranoid or stoned, as you
pre-determine

Gift Inspect: Scumbag.

You are the
POST RESTRICTION VIRUS

ALL OF YOUR POSTS MUST USE 10 WORDS OR LESS, AND ALL OF THEM MUST BE HUGE SIZE,
OR LARGER IF YOU WISH,
WITH ALL LETTERS CAPITALIZED. IF ANYONE ELSE TYPES THE PHRASE "POST RESTRICTION" IN THE THREAD, THAT PERSON WILL CONTRACT THE VIRUS AND BE SUBJECT TO THE SAME POST RESTRICTION.

YOU WIN WHEN YOUR ALIGNMENT (TOWN/SCUM/SURVIVOR/ETC) WINS. YOU ALSO WIN INDIVIDUALLY IF MORE THAN X PLAYERS REPLACE OUT OF THE GAME, WHERE X IS GREATER THAN HALF THE ORIGINAL NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Mod(s)-option: The player contracts the virus in all games where the mod of each game allows it, thereby spreading the virus to those games. The player wins if more on-going games than original players in the original game have infected players.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2341 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
Artie Piscano
. You have a vital role in a money-skimming operation as a part of your crime activities with XXXX, YYYY, and ZZZZ, but you are not very bright. You keep records of the activities of yourself and two other mafia (to be determined). These records risk being found by anyone who visits a player targeted by any mafia member that night.

Mod note: The only player capable of making sense of the information is an FBI agent who is trained to look for serial killers. If such an agent targets correctly, all night activities from night 1 to the current night of Artie and 2 random mafia will be revealed to the agent.

You are the
Released Convict
. You will be mod-confirmed on day 1 as a prior offender of the Law. Due to some sort of weird probation, you are not allowed to interact with other town-aligned players by voting them, or you will go straight to Jail and lose. You win if you remain a free man by endgame and the town wins. You will investigate as neutral. I do not expect to see you back at this facility, <name>. :cop:

Mod-flavor: Convicted of some non-killing crime.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2364 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Some of those roles belong in the other thread.

You are a
Knife
. You win if you survive until endgame. You are unable to vote, but you can be used to kill someone, which will also dispose of you. You are mod-confirmed as a usable knife during the first day phase.

Mode note: The knife can be grabbed and used at any time.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are the
Castle Doctrine Vigilante
. If a player tunnels you and is called out for it by some third player (not yourself or the tunneling player) then you receive a dayvig which you may use on that player at any time during the rest of the game.

You win with the town. You also turn town-tunnelers into survivors when you vig them.

______________________________________________________________________________________

You will
Snatch Victory from the Jaws of Defeat
. You have a choice to make: If you get lynched, then you win with the town. If you get nightkilled, then you win with the scum. If you live to endgame, you win if a Serial Killer also won.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are the
Most Obvious Serial Killer, Ever.
The first post you make each day must include a daykill and each kill you make will be one of these daily first-post kills. You may not mention or even hint at this restriction in the thread. For the sake of hilarity, the mod will allow you to post "Prod dodge." and only that phrase to meet activity requirements while not violating your killing restriction. If you fail to daykill in your first game-related post of the day, or fail to post at all for a given day, you will realize the futility of your course in life and commit seppuku.

As a serial killer, you win when the idiots who didn't notice you are a serial killer are dead and you are still alive as the last person. Yeah, like that will happen.
You will be given a bulletproof vest, investigation immunity, and ...
wait, nevermind.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (isolation #17) » Fri May 06, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are the
Mod
. Running this game is now your responsibility.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2427 (isolation #18) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Rashiminos »

You are the
Voteless Orphaned Cultist
. You win when everyone else dies and you are still alive. You have no night action, and you've been disenfranchised.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2444 (isolation #19) » Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are a
Sheep
. You must sheep XXXX's votes, or vote yourself. If XXXX is dead, then you can only vote yourself. You win when XXXX wins.

You though you wouldn't be voting for XXXX's choice today, you thought wrong.
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2446 (isolation #20) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

Rashiminos wrote:You are a
Sheep
. You must sheep XXXX's votes, or vote yourself. If XXXX is dead, then you can only vote yourself. You win when XXXX wins.

You thought you wouldn't be voting for XXXX's choice today, you thought wrong.

You are
MacGruber
, and you're not too bad at improvisational problem-solving. Each day/night (either, but not both), you may attempt to use an ability that another player has(or had) within this game. If a player does/did have that ability, then your attempt at duplicating it for your own use will be successful. If you fail an attempt to use an ability, then you will suicide 24 real hours into the next game day. You win with the town.
Mod Note: MacGruber can also
successfully
use any fakeclaimed ability in the game thread.
Show
Completed Games:

Return to “Mafia Discussion”