What Makes a Good Third Party?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 10, StrangeMatter wrote:So I know people really don't like Survivor, but how would we balance it and make it actually fun instead of just existing? I'm wondering if there's a condition to add there that makes it not just rush the entire game to win.
Oh that's simple.
In post 1662, mastina wrote:
In Game Two, I am
(technically)
a
Bulletproof Survivor
It's not quite a normal Survivor wincon; it's
almost
a Town Survivor.
My wincon is to survive to the end of the game with no more than two players who're not members of the Paperwork faction alive. (Is slightly paraphrased here, but obviously, can't do an exact quote without getting modkilled and you'll forgive me for being a bit cautious given that literally the last time I got 3p I did in fact eat a modkill.) I asked the mod and, yes, I count as one of those two.

In other words, per Jingle, if there are three scum alive and they trigger their win condition, I will lose;
If there are two scum alive and they trigger their win condition, I will lose.

I could
technically
win with the scum with only one scum alive, buuuuuuut: at that point, why bother? I'm just going to townside since I need two scum dead anyway, why not make it all three?

Given that I need AT LEAST two scum dead in order to win, and pragmatically speaking probably can get the fastest win just by having all three scum be eliminated, I've been playing as if I was town the entire time. (Because I would anyway because fuck playing 3ps as scum, they are town.)

(And yes, to be clear for the reading impaired: I
need
scum dead in game #2, and
cannot
win with 2/3 scum alive. Meaning that for all intents and purposes, I'm basically town.)
Have this be a
real
role, rather than a fakeclaim (which was based off of a misread role PM).

A Survivor needs kill immunity or else they have no fun.
A survivor needs a way to not be automatically eliminated by the town and an incentive to not immediately scumsided.
So if the role I claimed there were real, then it'd accomplish the intended goal. That role could townside or scumside...when the game got down to one scum alive. But before then, townsiding would be mandatory, making scumhunting be required, making them be inherently benevolent.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:12 am

Post by mastina »

(For the record, I hate any third party which cannot townside and I hate any third party which encourages mafiascum's murderboner for 3p claims. So in general, I prefer third parties that are benevolent and encouraged or even required to work with the town, where the town is actively punished for eliminating the 3p instead of eliminating scum. Games where eliminating the 3p is optimal and free of consequence? Badly designed imo.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”