What Makes a Good Third Party?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 0, MegAzumarill wrote:Survivor is the worst role because it fails the fourth rule. It isn't enjoyable to play. There is no incentive to scumhunt, townhunt, or do anything other than try to stay alive. It's goal is often to survive to Elo just to let Mafia win a day earlier.
I think this overlooks the survivor's interest in the game ending as soon as possible. Survivors usually townside even harder than most town do for that reason. It doesn't matter to town how long it takes to get to a town win. For a survivor the quickest win possible is a perfect town win.

Offsite I've played a few times as an SK with a survivor wincon rather than last player standing. I cannot stress enough how intent I was on a town win in those games. I was the best vig town ever had.

I would only switch to scum-siding when town had blown their chance and it had become a toss-up or worse from the town pov. And sometimes I wouldn't switch even then because once I commit to a side I'm pretty quixotic about sticking to it.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Mafia Discussion”