Updates to Bastard Tags

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by RH9 »

Maybe you can make the mod disclose what they consider bastard as well as whether such things will occur in the game, when signing up to mod. Then, the players can know whether what the mod finds bastard is similar to they themselves find bastard. This can help the players better decide whether they want to play or not.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 15, TemporalLich wrote:strategically bastard is not what most people (including me) would consider bastard, but I am including it in my proposal anyway because a strategically bastard game might have you do strategies that would normally be considered obviously bad (such as voting for Town, or claiming scum with partners)
In post 14, RH9 wrote:Maybe you can make the mod disclose what they consider bastard as well as whether such things will occur in the game, when signing up to mod. Then, the players can know whether what the mod finds bastard is similar to they themselves find bastard. This can help the players better decide whether they want to play or not.
This can be abused to state that nothing is bastard, the queue needs to be objective when having a bastard tag so it is something everyone can agree on
To be fair, I would consider Hammerer Bastard because Hammerer makes Town unable to put anybody at E-1 without the risk of unintentionally eliminating them, especially in a Closed game.

Edit: And I do agree with what you say about it being Strategically Bastard and potentially Mechanically Bastard.
Last edited by RH9 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 19, Jingle wrote:Hammerer is like the least bastard role imo, btw. It says that the player will always hammer when someone is put to E-1. They know that. They can tell the town that. Even if they don’t, someone hammering when you put someone to E-1 should be something you expect is possible.
Reading this has changed my mind. The main problem, which I had envisioned earlier, was that Hammerer was going to be played by an anti-Town player and a Town player was getting put on E-1. To be fair, Hammerer does seem less Bastard once you mentioned that they can reveal themselves.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Mafia Discussion”