stop fakeclaiming as town!: the case for lynch all liars

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #84 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Don’t fake guilties and don’t fakeclaim masons. The first may result in a misexecute and the second can falsely inno scum. Both hurt your credibility in future games.

Also read the setup. Never ever fakeclaim any non-existent role or possible modification in an open or possibly semi-open setup. You will get busted. I disagree wrt to drawing the NK, if you’re vt in a game with important PR. I personally have never done this but we won my TM game because one of the vts fakeclaimed doc tpr. I think it’s really a case don’t do it unless you really understand exactly what you’re doing but I 100% oppose fake guilties and fake mason claims. Both harm game integrity and people won’t trust you when you have an actual guilty on a player or if you’re a real mason, so definitely don’t do that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 87, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 84, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Both hurt your credibility in future games.

Why should I care about my credibility in future games, if I should be playing to win this specific game?
If you lie about faking a guilty or being a mason, no one will believe when it’s actually true. Hrnce,
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
type of thing because META.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 90, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 89, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 88, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If you lie about faking a guilty or being a mason, no one will believe when it’s actually true. Hrnce, The Boy Who Cried Wolf type of thing because META.
So.. I shouldn't do something... because it will damage my meta..
which will affect future games

Why should I care about future games?
That was just a point on top of the bigger point that faking guilties and Masons doesn’t help you win the current game. It hurts you in both the current and future games.
+1
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 92, Akarin wrote:If you fake a cop guilty, you're taking away the part of the game where you argue about your reads (i.e. the whole fun of the game for VTs) and deciding your judgement is all that matters. If you're wrong you threw the game for your team and didn't give them the chance to try, which is terrible. But even if you win, you think you're getting all this glory from your great play but the rest of the town feels robbed of actually getting to play the game.

Team games where one player cares more about their ego than letting the rest of the team actually play the game are no fun whether you win or lose.

Misleading the town about the setup is a different version of the same thing. People are going to come to wrong conclusions and not get to play their best for the sake of you feeling special.

~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #110 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 109, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 106, Akarin wrote:But it's much harder for one player lurking to do anywhere near the harm of one player trying to pull potentially game-throwing gambits. (Which are bad whether they work out or not.)
How are they bad when a fake guilty works out? Your team feels like shit because they weren't involved in the decision making? Guess what: They still wouldn't be involved in the decision making even if the guilty was legitimate. Do you advocate for no player to ever give out legitimate guilties, for fear that their team will feel like shit, or you realize that teamwork was never in the process of a cop getting a guilty?
The difference is the TRUE guilty is based off of facts, not some player’s potentially wrong hunch.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 112, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 110, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:The difference is the TRUE guilty is based off of facts, not some player’s potentially wrong hunch.
Could a player's facts not be altered by the unforseen, such as a miller?
Well yes, that’s why a miller unless they are extremely confident that they will never be cop checked ought to claim.

You also have to take the gamestate into account, of course but If I say tracked player X to player Y who ate the previous night’s NK and I’m the next and I never reveal my result, I’d essentially be gamethrowing hiding important information from town. As long as you are 100% honest about the specific nature of your “gulity”, then it’s up to town to make that ultimate judgment call.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 120, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 118, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Well yes, that’s why a miller unless they are extremely confident that they will never be cop checked ought to claim.
A miller claim makes them more suspicious, no? That would seem to hinder your objective, not help it.
There’s different schools of thought about that. You need to asses the gamestate/your play etc. as best you can before you claim. If you think you have a decent chance of being cop checked, maybe a good idea but especially in a mass claim. I got yelled at after a game for not doing that eventhough I was never checked, so it’s a gamble. It also heavily depends on the setup as well.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”