Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1366 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are
Original
. No matter what you do, you have to do it first! Thusly, you cannot use any word previously said in this game except of course vote, lynch, any player's name, FoS, HoS, a, and, the, he, she, and other various common words. If you aren't sure of a word, just ask the mod. Also, being original, you can target anyone and do something unique to them every night. However, if you target someone who's already been targetted, you get targetted by your ability.

Mod note: Ability kills the target in some unique manner...and this game also happens to have a nexus.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can't quote anyone either.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1370 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That really, really sucks. If the game goes on long enough, the Original won't be able to say anything of relevance. I think this is truly a worst. very sweet! Razz

plus, after about three-four pages, the research put into every sentence would be amazing.
Oh yeah. I could just imagine how many reference tabs they have open playing that game. By the end they'd likely make a code out of the few words they can say for parts of speech and such :P. Ooh...and throw in another role cannot repeat a word in a post. They can repeat words over the game, but in a single post it has to be all different words :P.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1398 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are Monkey Pounding on a Keyboard

You may not type your posts, but must let an animal in your home randomly step on or push the keys of yor keyboard. You win if you can successfully post the full works of Shakespeare.
Just keep it on your clipboard and hope the animal hits Ctrl-V. It might actually work :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1410 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are Japanese Tentacle-bewb-girl.
If you post in the game, the mod will edit it to contain graphic hentai, which will cause everyone else to die.
You win if anyone can not be violently sick when looking at your posts.
Given the fact that most of the people here have been around the internet, this sounds like an easy win condition.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1431 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are
That allergic kid
, Great news, the mafia are the only people in town who own dogs, and that happens to be exactly what you are allergic too...if you ever quote a post by the mafia, you break out in a sneezing fit. The bad news is this sneezing disables you from posting for the rest of the day. Also, you are allergic to full disclosure, ya introvert. So, you can't TELL anyone what triggered your allergies, nor even imply it in any way. Good luck, and you win with the town.

It's not unworkable, but it's mildly amusing and pretty terrible
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1433 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

That actually sounds like a fun role. Not bad at all.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1435 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think its too swingy to be a good role given that it allows the at least temporary removal of two town players per night. It can make D2 lylo in a mini with three scum as 2 town lynched, 2 town NK, 2 town abducted leaves just three.
And who the hell would use it in a mini anyway? That's either a large game mechanic or a mini theme where the scum group abducts, and a specific scum makes the abduction for the night. Lynching one of the scum causes only their abduction choices to come back. I'd probably go as high as 4 scum with that mechanic though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1580 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are Thrillseeker. You enjoy living on the edge, and have to get to L-1 every day without getting lynched. Should you not be able to get to L-1, you will commit suicide the following night. You win by yourself if you reach L-1 on the last day.
Provided they somehow live to L-1 for the rest of the days, that wincon is basically "Vote self in F3. I win"
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1656 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Worst Role: give zwetschenwasser a scum role with a PR of 100 words per post, minimum, in an open game.
What the hells, man? I was JUST FREAKING DISCUSSING A ROLE LIKE THIS with someone who wanted inspiration for a bastard mod game. Like, a couple days ago :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1669 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The best thing to do with endgame jester is at endgame, claim cop with a guilty result on another player. They vote you, and assuming it's a 3 person end game, you hammer yourself and win.
Actually, best thing to do is claim jester, Tell the mafia they win if they vote you (because technically they would) and self hammer.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1750 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mafiaplayer wrote:You are Incomprehensible. You may not explain any of your votes. If you explain any of your votes, you die. If you explain that you cannot explain any of your votes, you die.
what happens if you explain that you can't explain that you can't explain any of your votes?
Sorry, but I can't explain why I can't explain why I can't explain. Hope that makes sense.
Vote Mafiaplayer
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1755 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are the latent cult recruiter. Every night, you may target a player. When/if it gets replaced, the replacement will join your cult. It will keep all its old abilities. If it belonged to an anti-town faction, it won't be explicitly told this or who its partners were, and any of its former partners will be notified that it's no longer on their side and they shouldn't contact it anymore.

You win when all living players are active members of your cult, or nothing can prevent the same.
Honestly, taking some of Tar's "replaceable" type roles could make this a VERY interesting role to use.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1800 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are not. You win when all players who "are" are no longer in the game.
You are.

You might be. You win when you know if you are or not.

Why do I have a burning desire to flesh these out and make a theme game?
Hur hur hur transsexuals are a worthy target for contempt and mockery hur hur hur.
I personally find it more laughable that this guy has absolutely no idea how it works whatsoever.

As far as I can tell, that'd be closer to someone who is bigender/genderqueer.

But, we can't expect those that are ignorant to understand these things ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1813 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Only works in Tar games, 'cause he counts votes for non-players.
And forbiddanlight games. I've been lynched twice in my own games before. One here, one offsite.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1849 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Generally the player recruiter wouldn't be able to let people know why they got a PM (which decreases the chance that they'll accept a random role PM). But once in the game, the recruited players are subject to whatever game rules are governing them.
I would totally respond to a random role PM.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1851 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are the role. You are either mason-vig or mafia. Each night you will vote on a kill. You may discuss with masons or mafia here. Your partners are ____, ______, and ________. You win if the town or you control the lynch.
But in the end wouldn't the first mafia flip give it away? Or are they always mafia?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1853 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Now it's a bad role ^-^. Might consider the first variant sometime.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1896 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Rashiminos wrote:You are a
truther.
You believe that this game is actually a bizarre conspiracy by the mod to murder a bunch of innocents for financial and power gains. Your job to fight the NMO (New Mafiascum Order).

You win when you convince the town to majority vote the mod. This winning condition persists beyond the grave.
Tar would have a field day with this role. Hell, I'd have a field day using this role. Alternatively playing it would be fun as hell too.

(I've been lynched in 2 out of the 5 or 6 games I've run :P)
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Mafia Discussion”