Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4654 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hey everyone, so I’m quite new to this site but do lots of modding IRL games and on other platforms, one of my favourite creations that I’d love to bring here is a game called Secret Missions

The way it’d work is everyone would have their role and told what team they’re on but they will also be given a minor mission to try to complete, each mission is small and wouldn’t be too difficult but everyone must try to complete their mission before the game ends, without going into specifics (because part of the game is not knowing what the different missions are) the missions could be stuff like, stay alive till a certain point or outlive a certain player or find out certain information, nothing too crazy but it adds an extra level to the game and strategy, I’ve tested out the game in another place I play and it definitely seemed like one of the most interesting games we’ve had, especially day 1

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it’d be something cool that’d work here? As I said I’ve only just joined this site and currently in the middle of my first newbie game and after looking at the wiki I believe I gotta wait a long time to be able to mod games and stuff but hey, let’s get the hype train going now xD hahaha
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4657 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 4656, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4654, CreativeMod1 wrote:Hey everyone, so I’m quite new to this site but do lots of modding IRL games and on other platforms, one of my favourite creations that I’d love to bring here is a game called Secret Missions

The way it’d work is everyone would have their role and told what team they’re on but they will also be given a minor mission to try to complete, each mission is small and wouldn’t be too difficult but everyone must try to complete their mission before the game ends, without going into specifics (because part of the game is not knowing what the different missions are) the missions could be stuff like, stay alive till a certain point or outlive a certain player or find out certain information, nothing too crazy but it adds an extra level to the game and strategy, I’ve tested out the game in another place I play and it definitely seemed like one of the most interesting games we’ve had, especially day 1

But yeah, what do you guys think? Do you think it’d be something cool that’d work here? As I said I’ve only just joined this site and currently in the middle of my first newbie game and after looking at the wiki I believe I gotta wait a long time to be able to mod games and stuff but hey, let’s get the hype train going now xD hahaha
Radja actually ran a game like that once with secret wincons
Any idea where I can find this game? I'd love to read it

I tried to search for his username but I couldn't find this game or anything like that?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4663 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:22 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

YOU NEED TO RUN THIS GAME

28 to go
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4667 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:08 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

WEREWOLF LEGACY!!!

Right so recently I bought a copy of the werewolf legacy game, for those of you who don't know, a legacy game is basically where you take a normal board game and you turn it into a campaign (I think the most well known one is Pandemic Legacy) in the werewolf legacy, you would essentially have 16 games of werewolf in a row (generally played over multiple sessions) each game and in fact every choice you make during the game will effect the next game (e.g the decision to kill a certain player or open a box)

For this to work you'd need 10-15 dedicated players who would stick with the game for a long time (I'd guess it'd take about a year to play through the whole campaign) Also there's nothing stopping the game from adding or removing players between games so if people did want to swap out then that'd be fine.
I've started a campaign of it in real life and I figure it might be really cool to have it on here too

I personally haven't started modding on here yet though, just about to start shadow modding for someone else, so this is something that wouldn't start for a little while, if people are interested maybe I could try and start it around January time and play it throughout 2019
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4669 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 4668, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 4667, CreativeMod1 wrote:WEREWOLF LEGACY!!!

Right so recently I bought a copy of the werewolf legacy game, for those of you who don't know, a legacy game is basically where you take a normal board game and you turn it into a campaign (I think the most well known one is Pandemic Legacy) in the werewolf legacy, you would essentially have 16 games of werewolf in a row (generally played over multiple sessions) each game and in fact every choice you make during the game will effect the next game (e.g the decision to kill a certain player or open a box)

For this to work you'd need 10-15 dedicated players who would stick with the game for a long time (I'd guess it'd take about a year to play through the whole campaign) Also there's nothing stopping the game from adding or removing players between games so if people did want to swap out then that'd be fine.
I've started a campaign of it in real life and I figure it might be really cool to have it on here too

I personally haven't started modding on here yet though, just about to start shadow modding for someone else, so this is something that wouldn't start for a little while, if people are interested maybe I could try and start it around January time and play it throughout 2019
I'm nervous about execution but fascinated by the idea!
I'd have to have a look through it and adapt parts of it for being playable online and I think I'd have a couple of co-mods in place to help with certain bits

Stuff like a) the voting style is different (the game requires you to use a specific voting style) in which at any point a player may nominate a player to be accused and another player can second the nomination, at this point the timer for the day phase stops to allow said player to defend themselves and then each player votes on live or die...upon a live vote the day phase continues
b) there are times in the game in which it says "if a player touches a particular item" so I'd have to do some form of adaption for this

For the most part, the modding shouldn't be too difficult, essentially I'm just simply moderating 16 individual games
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #4671 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

The games have to be in order as each game influences the next, however the game is designed to be quicker and meant to have a timer on it, for an irl game it states that each day phase is to last 5 mins (with the time stopping for 1 minute each time a player is nominated) what I'm thinking is to equate this to being a day per minute, so a day phase would take 5 days to complete, this could shorten it down a bit (and then I might change the length of the day phases depending on the complexity of the game itself)
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”