Long term health of mafiascum

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #541 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I generally adopt in my ruleset that I won't count votes unless there is an unvote because it creates much more scope for fake plays, while I don't use the vote tags myself it is something I have no issue with changing as it adds even another layer to fake plays.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Having read Kison's big post last page, I think that an app is sorely needed.

I play on my phone but it is definitely in the realm of slog. I actually play ToS as well when I want a little bitesize mafia experience that doesn't require as much thinking. I need to be in the right frame of mind to play my games here, and something to unwind is awesome.

What we have going for us is years of game balance and years of varied non random setups. Which is something all the competitors lack. There is currently a project where the open setups are being overhauled, which once done provides a platform for making a phone and tablet based version of mafiascum that runs automated open games. Either with on demand, or a host chooses situation. We have the setups, we run them in marathons. With a chat style system we take out the most time consuming part of marathons that will tighten up the run time (refreshing) as a current marathon runs probably a little too long for mobile.

10 minute / 2 minute deadlines
Open setups
We don't have focus on role madness
We have balance

We stay unique, while also provide an entry for players to site, microtransactions help with the server costs.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Honestly, mentioning trending competitors will help us snipe people looking for alternatives.

If someone looks for Town of Salem alternative, we should be popping up. If someone looks up One Night Werewolf online, we need to be popping up.
Don't @ me.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”