Geezer mafia sign-up - replacements may be required

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Marblecandy »

/in

04/08/78
The fall of the Soviet Union was preceded by...A charismatic but inexperienced leader, a failing economy bordering on depression, a loss of all respect on the international stage and a disastrous lengthy occupation of afghanistan.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Marblecandy »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Ythill wrote:my first computer was a Commodore 64, and when I wanted to watch HBO, I had to flip an analog switch.
Mine was hand-cranked and performed 4 operations. It came with a little roll of paper.

I was born in a time when fast typing skills were an asset on the lady employment marketplace. When touchtone phones were introduced, we thought it was a gimmick for rich, idle, lazy people. Kids played ball in the street. We read books because Pong got stale really quickly. We loved school because home was such a bore.

Google meant pestering the reference desk lady at the library - in person.
Roger Moore was the handsomest man alive.
Doctors had two cures to hand out: penicillin and band-aids. Dentists pulled, or plugged. If you weren't promiscuous and precocious, you were a dork and a loser. Religion was something our grandparents did to make us laugh at them.

There was only one drawback. People were freakin' smoking everywhere, teachers in classrooms, announcers on TV, in cars, at the bingo hall, in university classrooms... gah! There was no getting away from the choking.
I remember thinking Roger Moore was hot as James Bond. But I was pretty sure the handsomest man alive had to be either Macgyver, Lee Majors as the Fall Guy or Harrison Ford. But that was right around the time I had to peek around the corner to watch HBO on the wooden TV set...so I was still pretty young.

Now I just hope my fading memory can keep up with the leisure pace of the game. Anyone remember He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? I was alway jealous of those action figures, sure us girls had She-Ra Princess of Power, but it was not nearly as good.
The fall of the Soviet Union was preceded by...A charismatic but inexperienced leader, a failing economy bordering on depression, a loss of all respect on the international stage and a disastrous lengthy occupation of afghanistan.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Marblecandy »

shaft.ed wrote:
Haylen wrote:A question for the oldies:
When you get older, does your pubic hair go grey?
I hope so
Lucky for you I work in healthcare, I'll go ask one of the care aids and get back to you on that...

(I doubt anyone here is actually old enough to know from first hand experience, lol.)
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Marblecandy »

shaft.ed wrote:
Haylen wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Haylen wrote:A question for the oldies:
When you get older, does your pubic hair go grey?
I hope so
Will you dye them grey if they dont?
I'm not worried about my hair
shaft.ed wrote:white hair is sexy
Okay, I ran into the activities director before I saw any care aids, but I still got the answer. Yes, you do go grey down there...all grey eventually. And you can also lose hair too and become (as I am told) ...a mexican hairless...

I guess that is sort of like Brazilian, but more mature...and a little less sexy.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am

Post by Marblecandy »

Sorry for the TMFI, but at least none of us will be surprised now...
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Marblecandy »

shaft.ed wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Ythill wrote:If only you could have told me a long time ago, before I accidentally saw my great grandmother naked.
Great there is another imagine I didn't need in my brain for the rest of my life.
Just for that you guys call all talk about the mirror on the ceiling in my parents room along with the rope hanging from the ceiling and have that in your heads for the rest of your life as you imagine your own parents.
Nah that's not a problem. My mom used to complain to my grandmother that she wasn't getting enough. So I know for a fact my parents have only had sex twice.
Your grandmother was an amazing woman. I found this video of her on youtube...if this is what your mother had to compare herself to, no wonder she felt that way. Mind you, your dad's back hair may have had something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJBzQk2_eLg
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Post by Marblecandy »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Marblecandy wrote:I remember thinking Roger Moore was hot as James Bond.
He was terrible as James Bond!

No, you have to dig up the old black and white episodes of The Saint to appreciate Roger Moore.
I first saw him in Ivanhoe. :)
I don't know any of these movies you guys are refering to. But the first time I saw Roger Moore was in From Russia with Love (or maybe it was Octopussy). It was on TV and it was the first time I had seen a James Bond flick. I must have been about 6 or 7 years old and I think I was more infatuated with the character James Bond than the actual actor Roger Moore, because if you look...he wasn't actually that attractive. Sean Connery was definetly sexier, but I was older by the time I had seen him in a James Bond flick.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Marblecandy »

I don't plan to restrict how often I post.

I am looking forward to taking advantage of the relaxed pace...not by posting less, but by not worrying about the flow of the game if I decide to leave town for a while...and by not posting drunk or hung-over just to avoid being prodded. (That gets me killed almost every time).

I will adjust though by not being jumpy on people that haven't had a chance to respond and by exploring other avenues while I wait.

So I guess you guys can expect me to be more sporadic rather than quiet.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Marblecandy »

I spent more money on batteries for my walkman than I ever did on the walkman itself.

I can't beleive no one has brought the Dukes of Hazzard up. To this day I still struggle to figure out which one was better looking...Bo or Luke. It is the age old Betty and Veronica question for chicks.
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Marblecandy »

Sorry guys, I must have fallen asleep eating my soup again :)

...but I am still here!
Marblecandy
Marblecandy
Goon
Marblecandy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Marblecandy »

shaft.ed wrote:Are we there yet?
Yeah, are we there yet?

Return to “Completed Signups”