Mini Theme List (Players & Moderators) -- Old

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #82 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Now featuring an image!!

Fish Monkey God, the second tale in the /Cows legacy, takes place thousands of years after the Great /Lost War, which itself took place several millenia before the War of the Kittens and Ducks; it is the beginning battle of a war that nearly destroyed the world. Those involved in the battle ultimately will ultimately all be known as heroes, and how it will end no one can be sure.

The story begins on the first night of the Light of Night Festival, in the largest city in the world, the capital of the Empire (pictured below). Children run through the streets, while fireworks go off and people from all around the world gather to sell food and entertainment from their own people. The festival itself revolves around the blue orb that the Fish Monkey God supposedly gave to the First Emperor, hundreds of years ago; this orb joined another red one, both of which gave the Emperors of history great power and wisdom.

But as the red orb is brought down to the city square to be placed atop a giant glass fountain to commemorate the legacy of the Empire, a large boom is heard. The people of the city look around and discover smoke rising from the castle, near the Emperor's chambers. It quickly becomes apparent that the Emperor is being attacked; the stars aren't lit up in the sky yet. Another explosion of light fills the sky, this time causing beams of light to protrude down to eight of those in the streets, as well as in to the chamber of the castle where the explosion went off.

Another explosion in the sky startles the animals of a valley in an unexplored region of the world. As the beams of light reappear, twelve people materialize on the ground, wearing unusual, different clothing; each one wears a different cloak, each a different color. They look around, realizing that wherever they are it is now early in the day. Suddenly, another explosion produces a strange, orange and green light...

FMG will feature lots of flavor, and moderately large numbers of illustrations. The setup will be moderately unusual, but not anything out of the ordinary. It's been reviewed (in various forms) by several people, so I'm pretty sure it's not entirely unbalanced. Also, it'll be super-fun. Be /in.
Last edited by xyzzy on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by xyzzy »

MeMe wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:slash foomge
If this is something clever, I'm too stupid to understand it.
I presume he wants us to remove the o's and the e to make "slash fmg", or "/Fish Monkey God"?

or /in?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I'm assuming since I'm chronologically next in the queue actr's "/in for next" goes to me?

In that case, it would appear that FMG is full. :D
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:02 am

Post by xyzzy »

(03:59:48 PM) xyzzy: Anix:
(03:59:56 PM) xyzzy: There is still 1 spot left for FMG
(03:59:56 PM) The AniX Theory: My name
(04:00:02 PM) xyzzy: Indeed it is
(04:00:08 PM) The AniX Theory: Quite so
(04:00:11 PM) xyzzy: It turns out Oman is over the mini limit
(04:00:21 PM) The AniX Theory: very well. I will take this "spot" of yours.
(04:00:30 PM) xyzzy: This is a Good Thing

AniX is /in
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #584 (isolation #4) » Wed May 21, 2008 6:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

/in to mod Psychopathic Xyzzy Mod

rules to PXM:

1)Days will last 120 hours, and plurality lynches at the end of a day.
2)Every 10 pages (250 posts) (not including mod posts) scum can make a kill.
3)Each player has a limit of 100 posts, after which they die.
4)Players who go 72 hours without posting (without informing me beforehand) will be modkilled.
5)Scum may talk to each other at any time.

2 scum, 10 townies. All other regular rules apply.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #703 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 am

Post by xyzzy »

/in Ferris Wheel. I'm going to be the first to die, aren't I?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #737 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:49 am

Post by xyzzy »

Eclipse looks incredibly fun.

/in
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #740 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:/in to mod WOMAFIA...

a mafia game that is bursting with tampons and Lifetime movies, PMS and retail therapy, breast feeding and high heels.

(MeMe, I modded a mini theme, caddyshack mafia, way way back in the day, so I think I qualify to mod another, right?)
I'm saving a spot for this game no matter who tempts me.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #781 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by xyzzy »

MeMe: important question for you on #4.

NOTE TO POTENTIAL PLAYERS FOR UPCOMING "PSYCHOTIC XYZZY MOD"

This game will feature very strict rules regarding activity, as follows. Understand them BEFORE signing up!

1. Each day will last 120 hours - 5 days - no matter what. If you have a majority of players voting for someone 5 minutes in, you get to spend 5 days mulling over it, perhaps even changing. Plurality lynches, with ties decided by time reached.
2. The scum - 2 of them, of the 12 players - may privately communicate whenever they wish. Every 250 POSTS not made by myself, they will receive a kill.
3. Players who go 72 hours without posting will be modkilled, with exception to people who tell me in advance. Once a player has 100 posts in the PXM thread they will be dead.
4. If MeMe approves (do you?), you can double-head (or triple or over 9000 or whatever). I will treat all players in a group as one entity for purposes of activity monitoring. If you don't feel you can maintain the pace that this game will likely require, this may be a good option. Although you may discuss the game with your other heads if you do multi-head, do so privately (meaning, no making an account called "scumchat" and holding conversation there, since there'll be people there not on your group).

Assume that large posts full of lots of analysis being posted very quickly will appear in this game - you're going to be under pressure of thr clock to work quickly and efficiently; treat this game as a commitment, and be prepared.
Last edited by xyzzy on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #791 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:40 am

Post by xyzzy »

hasdgfas wrote:
xyzzy wrote:2. The scum - 2 of them, of the 12 players - may privately communicate whenever they wish.
Every 250 pages not made by myself, they will receive a kill.
How many pages are you expecting, zz?
I meant posts :( :( :(
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #796 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:19 am

Post by xyzzy »

Speaking of which, I will be V/LA from Wednesday to Sunday, so it'll start on Sunday.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #811 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

According to Scumchat, Now a JDodge is apparently "everyone in Scumchat not in 4 minis".

If I don't get a list, in this thread, of everyone who may log into that account and post in my game, I'll be ignoring Now a JDodge and will need one more person /in. I don't care how many people this is, as long as this isn't a vague "everyone".
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #812 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:24 am

Post by xyzzy »

Now a JDodge wrote:Currently this account is being headed by Armlx, ShadowLurker, pickemgenius, Pie_is_good, IH, Porochaz, Brutal Assassin, Yosarian2, dahill1, Eteocles, klebian, Trojan Horse, and Xdaamno. This is the core group, and we will notify you if any more players are added. We can assure you no mini limits are being broken.
Apparently at least one person (Ether) was placed on this list against their own desire. I'd like confirmation (by AIM, preferably, or PM) from all of these players that they do intend to be on this multi.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #814 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:59 am

Post by xyzzy »

No, I'm not trying to keep players out. I'm trying to have confirmation of who is /in. Since multi-heads are being used, it's entirely possible that Ether wasn't the only one I had to take off that list. You're all on AIM regularly, and so am I, and if I'm not around when you are, it's really not hard to send me a PM from your main account.

I think the fact that I'm giving all this foolishness an opportunity to exist is proof that I'm not trying to keep you out of the game. I actively encourage anyone to be /in, just as long as I know about it.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #816 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

BA, maybe it isn't clear to you:

I'm more than a bit pissed off when I find out players in my game are planning to communicate through Scumchat, and that when I tell them that this isn't allowed they're going to another room that non-players have access to, and that in fact Ether, a non-player, is the one inviting them to it. I'm doing everything I can to accomodate you playing, if you're willing to abide by things like "don't let non-players discuss or have access to discussion about the game".
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #818 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:15 am

Post by xyzzy »

xyzzy wrote:
Now a JDodge wrote:Currently this account is being headed by Armlx, ShadowLurker, Pie_is_good, IH, Brutal Assassin, Yosarian2, dahill1, Eteocles, klebian, Trojan Horse, and Xdaamno. This is the core group, and we will notify you if any more players are added. We can assure you no mini limits are being broken.
Apparently at least one person (Ether) was placed on this list against their own desire. I'd like confirmation (by AIM, preferably, or PM) from all of these players that they do intend to be on this multi.
edited to remove players who apparently do not want to be in the game
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #819 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:17 am

Post by xyzzy »

dahill1 wrote:
xyzzy wrote:BA, maybe it isn't clear to you:

I'm more than a bit pissed off when I find out players in my game are planning to communicate through Scumchat, and that when I tell them that this isn't allowed they're going to another room ("edited for privacy purpose") that non-players have access to, and that in fact Ether, a non-player, is the one inviting them to it. I'm doing everything I can to accomodate you playing, if you're willing to abide by things like "don't let non-players discuss or have access to discussion about the game".
Nonplayers don't have access to the room. The only exception was Ether, because well,
she made the room
!
Then have a member make the room, or use a quicktopic forum.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #823 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by xyzzy »

The only other hydra is clearly identified as such. I have given no special treatment to any hydra.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #838 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 am

Post by xyzzy »

armlx wrote:Sorry, let me rephrase my last question, as the answer is different depending on view point.

As a MOD, do you out alts?

As a player I endorse it 100%, but as a mod that crosses the boundary of interfering with the game.
No, because the reason for the two is different. A player hydras if they feel they can't handle the capacity of a game alone. That's never the reason for alting.

Return to “Completed Signups”