Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Magua »

Announcer:
Hey, you!

Wimpy Voice:
Me?

Announcer:
Yeah, you! Aren't you always so tired of being a Vanilla Townie? Nothing to do at night but wait for the mafia to come and shoot you?

Wimpy Voice:
Um....yeah. I guess. I mean, yes, yes I am!

Announcer:
Then you need to log onto
The Marketplace
!

Wimpy Voice:
The Marketplace
?

Announcer:
The Marketplace
! The one-stop shop for all of your lynching and night action needs! Registration is easy, and the next thing you know, you can be the street savvy cop who nails the mafia cold...

Strong Voice:
My investigations are airtight. FallGuy1 is the mafia!
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
...the brave doctor who saves your fellow townspeople from death...

Strong Voice:
No, I won't let you die! Stay with me! Stay with me! We'll see the dawn together!
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
...or the dark and mysterious vigilante who takes matters in their own hands...

Strong Voice:
FallGuy1...I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum. [gunshot]
Crowd:
Ooooooh!

Announcer:
Don't hesitate! Hurry now, and logon to
The Marketplace
! Have your credit card ready, and you too can be the hero of your town! Let's hear what other real life people just like you have had to say about
The Marketplace
!

Faraday wrote:People love buying stuff! You'll get a bunch of female scummers signing up for this if you sell it as 'mafia with shopping'

Andrius wrote:My gut reaction was eww...After awhile though, I do like it.

Announcer:
The Marketplace
!

Legal Voice:
Examples outlined in advertisement assumes that no one bids against you. Good luck with that. Legal statutes require us to disclose that we also allow the mafia to bid on these auctions, and they may not want any townspeople up to and including you conducting any cop investigations at all. Amount of money earned in game is tied to a deterministic formula and not your actual worth as a mafia player or as a human being. Game does not represent a true capitalistic environment and you will receive no bonuses nor raises for being correct nor efficient. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final. This supersedes all previous notices.

Game Type:
13 player Mini Theme
Moderator:
Magua
Backup Moderator:
Andrius
Reviewed By:
Andrius, Faraday
Special Mechanics:
Each player has some starting money and a rate at which they earn money; all powers are sold via anonymous auctions that occur throughout the game
The Promise:
No cults, no jesters
Player Requirements:
At least two games completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Coming mid-to-late June! PM me to pre-/in!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Magua »

The town was pensive. The verdict was unambiguous; even as Mr. Smith swung creakily from the gallows above, it was becoming quite clear that he was not one of the evildoers that had infiltrated the formerly peaceful village.

As the sun slipped below the horizon, many of the townspeople retired to their houses, to sleep away a fitful night with only the hope that they would still be alive in the coming dawn.

But not all.

Here and there, some stayed only briefly at their houses, gathering robes and masks, candles and charms. They assembled in their small groups in cellars and barns, whispering to eachother the words of invocation and initiation. Signs were given, handshakes were made.

And in the gutteral flickering of candlelight, hidden from the prying eyes of the outsiders, each secret society plotted its next move.

Secret Society Mafia

Game Type:
25 player Large Theme
Moderator:
Magua
Reviewed By:
Andrius, Vi
Special Mechanics:
Recruiting neighborhoods with powers, and mechanics for determining which neighbor gets to use the power each Night
The Promise:
No cults, no jesters
Player Requirements:
At least two games completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Coming September/October! PM me to pre-/in!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Magua »

Dr. Carolyn Fern edged her way down the alleyway, silently skirting the debris.

Even from this far away, she could hear their yelling, their hoarse invectives launched at eachother. She peeked around the corner, observing from the hopefully-safe distance. Despite the noise, some of them looked calm and rational, the kind you might not look twice at down at the University...but others were frothing at the mouth, capering this way and that before throwing themselves into the melee once more with unchecked, frenetic energy.

No, there was no doubt about it; this was the group.

She got out her notebook, trying to get it prepared without taking her eyes off of the group, not wanting to miss a moment of their interplay, the back and forth.

"What does it mean?" she asked herself as she scribbled into the notebook. No sooner had she looked back up than it became obvious that a surge of energy had overtaken the group, and that their whirling pandemonium now had some sort of darker, more sinister purpose, a definite sense of dire purpose. Indeed, a rhythmic chant could now be made out, growing louder and louder, and as Dr. Fern watched, stunned, one of the group was singled out, culled, and then set upon by the rest of the group, who soon had him helpless. He screamed like a man possessed, flailing with primordial purpose, less a man than an animal, but it was all for naught.

They took him before the altar, before which so many had given their lives; tens, no...hundreds, no...thousands, no...the number sacrificed before this altar was uncountable, stretching back beyond the aeons, and all the while the group was chanting, a livid sound that kept growing in strength until Dr. Fern had to clasp her hands over her ears lest the savage strength of the chant burst her eardrums, but still, she could make out the chant in perfect, shining detail, listening to it over and over as the poor man was killed in front of her eyes: "Lynch!...lynch!...lynch!...LYNCH!"

Welcome to...
Arkham Horror Mafia

Game Type:
13 player Mini-Theme Smalltown
Moderator:
Magua
Reviewed By:
Vi, Regfan, Andrius
Player Requirements:
At least one game completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Source knowledge (of either the board game, or the Cthulhu Mythos in general) is unnecessary, but may increase enjoyment
(and sanity loss)

Pre-/wins for this game are full, but if you'd like I'll PM you when it goes into sign ups.

Return to “Queue”