Choose Your Side: A Monument of Sins - Game Over!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Choose Your Side: A Monument of Sins - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Choose
Your
Side

A Monument of Sins

The year is 2025. In the past decade, the field of neuroscience has become incredibly popular. Corporations have devoted billions of dollars in an attempt to understand how the human brain, continuousness, and condition work - and more importantly, how they can be manipulated. One of the largest players in the field is the Aridi Corporation, a business that exploded onto the scientific scene 2 years ago when it successfully developed the ability to successfully simulate a perfect reality. In other words, Aridi was able to create a virtual world so vividly real that individuals could literally think, feel, and be characters from their conscious.

Although the research was revolutionary, Aridi was not satisfied with this breakthrough. Its scientists believed it could take its virtual world one step further - they believed they could use the virtual world to analyze and control the way humans acted and thought in reality.

The sixteen of you have been selected to be in the subjects in a pilot clinical trial on this neuroscience research by Aridi. Your past identities will be placed aside and you will be placed into a virtual world under the alias of your choosing. You will be armed with a set of unique powers and be placed in a societal arena with a single mission: to go to war. This time, however, you will posess the ability to decide in whose name you will spill blood. Will you selflessly give up your life for the good of mankind, succumb to the temptations of evil, or abandon society altogether and act of your own accord?

The choice is yours.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[General Rules]

1) All site-wide rules apply.
2) Unless your role PM permits you to do so, do not discuss this game with any player outside the game thread.
3) Do not edit or delete posts.
4) Do not post in the thread when dead. A single "bah" post with no game-related content is permitted.
5) The use of smaller-than-normal text, invisible text, or encryption tools to hide information in your posts is prohibited.
6) Do not quote any communication you have with the moderator, including timestamps. Careful paraphrasing is acceptable. Please contact me first if you are unsure of whether a post will violate this rule.
7) Inactivity kills games. Please be considerate and play the game you signed up for. If you do not post every 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you receive 3 or more prods, you may be automatically replaced without warning at the moderator's discretion. Please notify me if you will be V/LA.
8)
Blue
is the reserved moderator color. Do not use it. Black will also be used by the moderator. It, however, is not reserved.
9) Flavor is written for your enjoyment only and has absolutely no relation to in-game alignment. Analyze it at your own risk.

[Abilities & Effects]

10) This game is nightless. It will remain open nonstop until a faction fulfills its win condition. Any players with the ability to communicate privately may do so at any time.
11) There is no standardized action cycle. All game actions will be managed through V.A.T.S., a mathematically-based points system.
12) Each action in V.A.T.S. costs a certain number of AP (Action Points) to use. You may activate abilities at any time by paying their AP cost.
13) Each player begins the game with a certain amount of AP to spend. Players can gain additional AP in various ways throughout the game.
14) You are expected to keep tabs on your own AP - however, if you lose track, you may request an official number from the moderator.
15) To use an activated ability, simply PM me the ability you wish to use and any appropriate targets. Abilities will be resolved at midnight EST every real-life day. Ties will be broken using modified NAR.
16) Some abilities resolve immediately, whereas others last a certain number of days before expiring. You can still gain AP and activate abilities even while you have an ability in effect.
17) If a player is killed, any effects that would be caused by that player's abilities end immediately.
18) You cannot use more than 5 activated abilities per 24 hour period.

[Voting, Lynching, & Death]

19) To cast a vote, post a bolded
Vote: Playername
command in the thread. Unvotes are appreciated, but not mandatory.
20) Voting
No lynch
will have no effect other than causing a lynch cycle to pass.
21) There are no deadlines. If you do not want to lynch, simply don't vote.
22) This is a partial reveal game. Name and alignment are revealed upon death, but any abilities a player had are not.
23) There may be effects in this game that allow living players to interact with dead ones. Therefore, NEVER discuss the game with a player outside the game or reveal your role to anyone, even after you have died.

Spoiler: Town Win Condition
Side:
Town

Faction:
Town

Side Description:

The time is always right to do what is right. –Martin Luther King, Jr.

Win Condition:
Ensure that all threats to the town have been (or are certain to be) eliminated.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to PM me at any time. Good luck!
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Moderation]

: AlmasterGM
Backup Moderator
: Jahudo
Reviewers
: Faraday & Mina

[Game Status]

Over, Mafia & Third Party Victory!

[Alive]

[Deceased]

MagnaofIllusion (Godzilla, Lynchproof Radioactive Voter) of the town - poisoned D1
Andrius (Boromir of Gondor, Bodyguard) of the town - deleted D1
Benmage (Alexander the Great, Vote Manipulator) of the town - lynched D1
UncertainKitten (Eskarina Smith, Time Traveler) of the town - deleted D2
DemonHybrid (Gambit, AP Drainer) of the town - killed D2
Zdenek (Jeff 'The Dude' Lebowski, Miller Neighborizer) of the town - lynched D2
Fate
Maemuki
(Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Assassin) of the town - deleted D3
Lady Lambdadelta (Kanade Tachibana, Resolution Manipulator) of the town - committed suicide D3
PranaDevil (Bull Shannon, Roleblocker) of the town - poisoned D3
Espeonage (Luna Lovegood, Dead Masonizer Cupid - lynched D3
RangeroftheNorth
animorpherv1
(AlmasterGM, Nuclear Vigilante) - deleted D4
Tragedy (Akemi Homura, Time Traveller) - poisoned D4
mb53
CSL
(Madoka Kaname, AP Gifter) - endgamed D4

[Exited the Simulation]

Parama (Milo Minderbinder, Capitalist Inventor), 3rd Party - fufilled his win condition and left the game D3

Empking (Dr Sheppherd, Roleblocking Doctor) of the mafia - fulfilled his win condition on D4
Katsuki (Morganna Mode, Artificial Intelligence) of the mafia - fulfilled her win condition on D4
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 am, edited 25 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Role PMs are being sent out now. However, I somehow managed to get the formatting on the template PM messed up, so it's going to be slowish going.

Update: Four PMs left to go. All PMs will be sent out by Monday afternoon.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

"Merge the simulations."

"Have you triple-checked all security measures?"

"Yes."

"...You said that a little too quickly for my liking. Let me see the report."

"After you merge the simulation."

"There's no point to reviewing the report
AFTER
we've already merged. Now let me see it."

"Do I have to come over and press the button with your face? Everything is fine. I've spoken with all of them - they are on their way. If we want to preserve continuity, we need to act now."

"You know, I have no problem throwing you under the bus if any of this goes south."

"I'll remember that. Now how about you do your job of keeping everything on track and I'll worry about the more important stuff, okay?"

It is now Day 1.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: PranaDevil
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

No time for an rvs.

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion

After this player went for the Murder WC in SAIII I fully believe they would pick scum in this game.

I WANT TO HEAR EVERYONES REASONING AS TO WHY THEY'D CHOOSE TOWN.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: Benmage

I picked town because I play the best as town and it keeps me more involved. Simple as that.

You want this one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Vote: Benmage

I picked town because
I play the best as town
and it keeps me more involved. Simple as that.
Your win ratio suggests otherwise.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Andrius »

THIS THREAD
HAS BEEN RECLAIMED

FOR GONDOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote: Tragedy
Picked scum in the last uPick.

So yeah. I'm thinking the following:
1) We should set lynch deadlines. Why? Because long-as-hell days are bad for the town. I'm not saying quicklynching is good, which it isn't in most cases. But in the interest of keeping things moving we should set provisional deadlines. Also, I don't know about you but I get my AP from town lynches. Which is understandable since I'm a general badass.
2) People with a known preference for scum-roles need to be watched carefully. Magna, Tragedy, Espeonage, animorpherv1, Maemuki.

Yeah, this is a somewhat serious entry to the day. BUT BY THE BLOOD OF OUR PEOPLE ARE YOUR LANDS KEPT SAFE. This insolence will NOT STAND.

No orc legion can hold me back.

Oh. And this is a formal apology to UncertainKitten, for the way the last Comedy of Whims played out. I am your sword and your shield.

-Andrius Walker

p.s. Yes, my character choice is from Lord of the Rings. :P

predit: Hello Benmage. Magna is probably anti-town for sure. lol
I picked town (obv) because its the only faction I'm any good at. I destroy as town, and am destroyed as scum. :P
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I was actually having a discussion to my friend about W/L ratios not 5 minutes ago and how group play heavily affects ratios. I find scum less fun to play. I find town a blast to play and I feel as if I'm a better player, even if I'm on the losing side. I like puzzles and I dislike deceiving others.

Winning because your teammates carry you doesn't give you the same gratification that losing while playing an amazing game does.

You want this one.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

And for old times' sake:

1) What side did you request?
2) Was your request granted?
3) You are walking alone down a dark alley. A man confronts you and says, "give me your wallet." Your wallet has approximately $200 in it. You have two options: give the man your wallet, OR cause the man to spontaneously combust, killing him instantly. Which do you choose?
4) If you knew you wouldn't get caught, would you cheat to win a game where there was nothing at stake but your reputation?

<3 AGM

1) Town. My original choice for character was Maedhros, but AGM didn't know who that was so I changed it. :/
2) Yes
3) Give him the wallet.
4) "Reputation is an idle and most false imposition; oft got without merit and lost without deserving." I would not cheat.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Andrius wrote: 3) You are walking alone down a dark alley. A man confronts you and says, "give me your wallet." Your wallet has approximately $200 in it. You have two options: give the man your wallet, OR cause the man to spontaneously combust, killing him instantly. Which do you choose?
Subtle rolefishing. Do not like.

Unvote, Vote: Andrius

You want this one.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Andrius »

'Twas not my intent, DH. I merely copied the questions AGM always asks in these games and posted them here, for old times' sake. (And for you to answer them, hinthint.)
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

For the record, I've never played with AGM, and I would have voted him for the same reasoning.

A question: How many of these players have AGM played with/asked those questions to? Same goes with you; how many of these players have you played with and asked these questions to in past games?

You want this one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

DH you were pretty involved in the games we were scum.

RQS is lame. I already moved this game past that stuff.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Benmage wrote:DH you were pretty involved in the games we were scum.

RQS is lame. I already moved this game past that stuff.
Gorrad's Fictional Chars Mafia and the Vanillaside say otherwise. I played terribly; in the latter, RC carried me.

You want this one.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Posting to say I don't have time to post, I WOULD vote the mod but I like having AP lots, so I'm going to be more conservative with voting. But I wanted to check in. Will answer questions sometime tomorrow.

Hmm...though, you'd think I have all the time in the world given who I am!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Or did you mean the one and only game in which we were scum (He-who-shall-not-be-named's Mafia in Somewhere)?

You want this one.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Andrius »

FUCK. WELL.

THEM SCUM ARE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS AT THE APPROACH OF THE CAPTAINS OF GONDOR.

LONG MAY THE WHITE CITY STAND.

THE BLOOD OF OUR PEOPLE WILL NOT GO UNPAID.

/making up for the last couple posts; yes, I have a post restriction

Maemuki, UK, Me, MoI, Ani, CSL, Espeonage were all in the original Comedy of Whims. Tragedy played in the Marathon game.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Andrius wrote: Maemuki, UK, Me, MoI, Ani, CSL, Espeonage were all in the original Comedy of Whims. Tragedy played in the Marathon game.
Were they asked that set of questions?

You want this one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Benmage »

UncertainKitten wrote:Hmm...though, you'd think I have all the time in the world given who I am!
Father of Time claim?

^ROLEFISHING
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

DemonHybrid wrote:Or did you mean the one and only game in which we were scum (He-who-shall-not-be-named's Mafia in Somewhere)?
Sorry; BBM's Large Normal, too. I was fucking horrid in that game, especially in the endgame. EPM carried us until Antihero offed him.

So no. I do not play a good scum game.

You want this one.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Andrius »

Oh yeah.
And AP.

So the scum's kill is probably driven by AP/ a timer of sorts (see Advance Wars Mafia I for details), so that's another reason to not drag out the days. I'm thinking 10-day deadlines would be doable and pertinent.

DH: We were ALL answered those Q's.

UNCERTAINKITTEN GLISTENS LIKE THE WHITE TOWER ITSELF. LONG MAY SHE SHINE.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

You seemed involved nonetheless.. Regardless, your response and moreover the speed of it has me liking you as town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”