Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Mod: Locke Lamora

Back-up: Faraday

Set-up design: Locke Lamora, Faraday & Grimmy

Reviewed by: Faraday & Jahudo

The camera pans round the Alamodome and then swoops in on the stage as a flurry of pyro explodes into the air, showering multicoloured sparks over the stage as thousands of camera flashes go off and the fans roar.

Jim Ross: We are LIVE from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, for the Royal Rumble! What a show we have to look forward tonight!

Jerry 'The King' Lawler: We're only a few hours away from the Royal Rumble, JR! Who's going to get that number one contender spot?

Jim Ross: And it's not only the Royal Rumble, folks! We've also got another clash in an increasingly bitter rivalry as Faraday challenges The Locke for the WWF Title in a Last Man Standing Match!

King: Oh man! I can hardly wait!

JR: It's going to be one hell of a slobberknocker! The road to Wrestlemania begins right here tonight!

Still dreaming of the main event (5/27):

13. Internet Stranger
14. Erratus Apathos
15. Baby Spice
18. chesskid3
25. jediknight

Kicked off the road to Wrestlemania (7/27)

Trendall,
Ultimate Warrior, WWF Jobber
, eliminated on the first Raw!
Empking
Bella
Nikolai Volkoff, Million Dollar Corporation Roleblocker
, eliminated on the first Smackdown!
GMan,
Irwin R. Schyster, Million Dollar Corporation Jobber
, eliminated on the second Raw!
sottyrulez,
“Badd Ass” Billy Gunn, D-Generation X Injury Framer
, eliminated on the second Smackdown!
Lowell,
Bubba Ray Dudley, Dudley Boyz Compulsive Table Serial Killer
, eliminated at No Way Out!
AurorusVox,
The Ringmaster, (aka. Stone Cold Steve Austin), Million Dollar Corporation Injury Framer,
eliminated on the third Raw!
Furcolow,
Triple H, D-Generation X Strongman
, eliminated on the third Smackdown!

Suffering from a long-term injury (15/27):

Thor 665,
Eric Bischoff, WWF General Manager
, put through a table in the first Backstage phase!
SnakePlissken,
D'Von Dudley, Dudley Boyz Compulsive Table Serial Killer
, Swanton Bombed through a table during the first Smackdown!
jasonT1981,
Jeff Hardy, WWF Kamikaze Vigilante
, Swanton Bombed himself through a table during the first Smackdown!
vezokpiraka,
Jim "JR" Ross, WWF Play-by-play Commentator
, knee shattered with a sledgehammer in the second Backstage phase!
VP Baltar,
Kurt Angle, WWF Roleblocker,
Shake, Rattle and Rolled during the third Backstage phase!
Nero Cain,
CM Punk, WWF Jobber,
Bear Hugged during the third Backstage phase!
Hoppster,
X-Pac, D-Generation X Doctor,
put through a table during the third Backstage phase!
bristep123,
Hulk Hogan, WWF Jobber
, put through a table during the fourth Backstage phase!
Scott Brosius,
Chris Jericho, WWF Avenger
, barbed wire 2x4ed during the fourth Backstage phase!
Kublai Khan,
Rey Mysterio, WWF Jobber
, knee shattered with a sledgehammer during the fourth Backstage phase!
Primate,
Road Dogg, D-Generation X Jobber
, Million Dollar Dreamed during the fourth Backstage phase!
Kise,
The Undertaker, WWF Deadman,
Pedigreed during the fifth Backstage phase!
VasudeVa,
Shawn Michaels, WWF Jobber,
People's Elbowed during the fifth Backstage phase!
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
Brock Lesnar, WWF Bodyguard,
Pedigreed during the sixth Backstage phase!
Gobots,
Ted DiBiase, Million Dollar Corporation Briber,
F-5ed during the sixth Backstage phase!

Ready to step in and steal the limelight (2):

1. Reckoner
2. Benmage
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 am, edited 35 times in total.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Rules

General

1. Keep it civil (or as civil as you can when you're trying to kill each other ). Don't resort to personal attacks and insults.
2. No talking about the game anywhere other the game thread, unless I have explicitly stated otherwise.
3. No quoting your role PM or any other communication with me. You may paraphrase if necessary.
4. Any of the above may be punished by a modkill and your status changed to neutral survivor, at my discretion.
5. If you have any queries, think I've made a mistake or there's anything else you need clarifying, post in bold in the thread or PM me.

Theme Rules

1. Votes must be cast using wrestling move terminology; for example: Piledrive: Porkens. Votes not cast in this way will not be counted.
2. You’re in the heat of battle. You must limit your posts to no longer than 200 words.
3. Double posts, triple posts, etc. and beyond will be deleted. You must wait for someone else to talk before you can post again.
4. You may not use quote tags.
5. Terminology:
Days will be ‘Shows’ – Raw, Smackdown, Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Wrestlemania. Nights will be ‘Backstage’. A lynch is an ‘elimination’; non-lynch kills are ‘injuries’; living players are ‘active’; dead players are ‘inactive’.

Voting, lynching and deadlines

1. Shows will have fixed 2-week deadlines.
2. Votes must be bolded and at the start of a line. You may vote No Lynch in the same way.
3. Unvotes are not required but are appreciated.
4. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 vote then rounded down, where n is the number of players currently alive. Once an elimination is achieved, votes may not be changed.
5. No majority at deadline means no lynch.
6. Once a majority has been reached, the game enters twilight until I post the lynch scene and lock the thread. You may continue to talk during twilight.

Backstage

1. The Backstage phase will have 48-hour deadlines. Actions not submitted by the deadline will not be performed. You may change your choice of action as many times as you wish, providing you submit your new choice before the deadline.
2. Backstage actions will be determined by Natural Action Resolution.

Activity and Replacements

1. A post is expected every 48 hours. If you do not post in that time, you will be prodded. I reserve the right to force-replace you after three prods.
2. If you are going to be V/LA for longer than 48 hours, please declare it in the thread in bold. If you have V/LA declared in your sig, please direct me to it by declaring it in the thread. If you wish to declare V/LA at night, PM me.
3. Extensions may be granted in particular circumstances, such as for replacements close to deadline. In that situation, this would be in the form of a 48-hour extension from the time the replacement enters the game. Nights may also be extended to find replacements.

Royal Rumble Rules

1. The game will start with the Royal Rumble. All 27 superstars are involved in the Royal Rumble match. The match continues until there is only one superstar is left standing. That superstar will become WWF Champion.
2. Each superstar can withstand up to 10 moves. Once a superstar is hit with the tenth move, they are eliminated.
3. Moves are performed in the normal way, but each superstar can only perform two moves every 24 hours. The 24-hour period is counted from 7AM GMT.
4. Superstars can only perform moves during the Rumble; all other abilities are inactive. There is no lynch during the Royal Rumble.
5. Once a champion has been decided, the game will move on to the next show, Monday Night Raw, and proceed from there on with the normal ruleset.
6. If a player is eliminated, they can reassign their moves to another player by posting
Support: Locke Lamora
. That player gets an additional two moves each day per nomination received (maximum 10 moves).

Belts

Belts will be randomly assigned at the start of the game, apart from the WWF Title, which will be won at the Royal Rumble. Each of the belts grants a specific ability, and will change hands throughout the game. The details of each are below:
Belt Name: WWF Title

Ability granted to holder: kill immunity

Changes hands: Royal Rumble; by player vote at No Way Out & if champion eliminated during a Show.
Belt Name: Intercontinental Title

Ability granted to holder: boosts existing power

Changes hands: by choice of the champion during the Backstage phase.
Belt Name: Tag Team Titles

Ability granted to holders: talk privately backstage

Changes hands: by choice of the champion during the Backstage phase.
Sample Role PM:

Name: Vince McMahon

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 253 pounds

Hometown: Greenwich, Connecticut

Alignment: WWF

Role: Chairman

Show/Backstage Ability: No Chance - you call the shots in the WWF. Anything you say, goes. That includes firing, hiring, match-making and even getting people to kiss your ass.

Win Condition: you win when all factions trying to take over the WWF are inactive and there is at least one pro-WWF wrestler active.
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

All role PMs are now out. The game has begun!
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Howard Finkel: The following contest is a Last Man Standing match, and is for the WWF Championship!

The titantron flares into life and music blares out of the speakers as the fans get to their feet for the WWF title match.

If ya smell...what The Locke...is cooking!

JR: Here he comes! The most electrifying man in sports entertainment!

King: I'm still trying to recover from that women's title match, JR! Puppies!

JR: I hate to disappoint you, King, but there won't be any puppies in this one, and I don't think this is going to be a catch-as-catch-can classic either. These two men are going to beat the living hell out of each other to get that ten count!

The Locke emerges with his WWF Title slung over his shoulder and stands on the stage for a few moments, giving the crowd The Mod's Eyebrow. He starts to walk down the ramp...when a masked figure dressed in black sprints out and blindsides him with a steel pipe to the side of the head!

JR: WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS?

As The Locke goes to ground, a second assailant emerges with a pipe and catches him across the back of the knee, then the two men proceed to set about the champion with a frenzied beating as the fans boo their disapproval!

JR: By God, this is sickening behaviour! Somebody get up there and help the champion!

King: I bet this is a genius move from Faraday! These morons don't know a master strategist at work when they see one.

JR: Genius? Strategy? It's nothing short of nauseating!

The two men seize The Locke by the shoulders and drag him to the edge of the stage, then hoist him up in a tandem gorilla press...and toss him right off the side, through an array of electrical equipment and tables!

JR: GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! THE WWF CHAMPION JUST GOT TOSSED FIFTEEN FEET OFF THE STAGE!

Security finally begins to respond to the situation but the two men have already hopped down into the crowd and are making a hasty exit.

King: Get down here now, Faraday! The title is yours!

The feed on the titantron suddenly cuts to backstage, where the parking lot is shown, along with Faraday getting a similar beating from another two masked figures!

King: Wait a minute...leave our champion-to-be out of this!

The men pick Faraday up, drag him over to a car...and then hurl him through the windscreen with a dual powerslam!

JR: DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN! FARADAY RIGHT THROUGH THAT DAMNED WINDSHIELD!

King: I don't get it, JR! Who are these people?

Back on the stage, paramedics are rushing to The Locke's aid, while the two masked men in the parking lot are also making good their escape as Faraday lies bleeding amidst the shattered glass. The camera focuses in on his face and then cuts to a trailer for the upcoming Royal Rumble...

------------

A few minutes later, the live feed cuts back in on JR and King as they look concerned at the announce table.

JR: Well folks, things do not look good for The Locke and Faraday. They've both been taken to hospital and their injuries are serious. We'll keep you updated as we find out more.

King: Who's behind this hideous assault, JR?

JR: You didn't think it was so hideous when it was only The Locke getting assaulted. Right now, it's time for the Royal Rumble matchup, with the winner going on to face the WWF champion in the main event at Wrestlemania!

Howard Finkel: The following contest...

Suddenly the titantron and speakers flare into life again with an all-too-familiar tune...

No chance, that's what you've got...

JR: Business is about to pick up! Mr McMahon has something to say!

The WWF Chairman struts his way out onto the ramp and down to the ring, taking the mic from Howard and looking around at the fans.

Vince: Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to apologise for the scenes you just witnessed with The Locke and Faraday. We don't know yet exactly how serious the injuries are, but I can say with some certainty that they are going to be out of action for some time.

King: But what about the title?

Vince: As a result, I have had to take an executive decision. Everyone knows you can't have Wrestlemania without a WWF Champion, and that's why, at this time, I have decided...

JR: What? Get to the point!

Vince:...that the winner of the Royal Rumble match will become the new WWF Champion!

The fans begin to cheer and whoop with excitement as Vince looks typically pleased with himself.

JR: Oh my! This is going to be one hell of a Rumble!

Vince: Howard, take it away!

Vince hands the microphone back to Howard Finkel and struts his way back out of the ring and up the ramp, grinning maniacally at no-one in particular.

Howard Finkel: The following contest is the Royal Rumble match and it will be for the WWF Championship! Players can only be eliminated by being thrown over the top rope and having both feet touch the floor!

I'd like to refer everyone to the Royal Rumble rules in the second post, and also remind you that no other abilities can be used during this contest, you only have moves! Any questions, go ahead and ask, otherwise, let's get ready to rumble!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

how long does this last?
If there's no limit
we should elect a person to get the belt by voting and then very democratically knock everyone else out >_>
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who want to be my tag team partnah?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

To repeat a question I asked in the sign-up thread a couple of hours ago...

Baby Spice is unable to get out her question as she is hit by a flying bulldog from the top turnbuckle!
Last edited by Locke Lamora on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm fine with it Baby though I'm not sure everyone would want to do that.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Armbar: Baby Spice
for using the quote tag. That's even worse than using the flaming two by four wrapped in barbed wire!
Do you want your possessions identified?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Well that's screwed that then.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Russian Leg Sweep Thor665
He knows why.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Baby Spice wrote:To repeat a question I asked in the sign-up thread a couple of hours ago.
Baby Spice wrote:The whole wrestling move thing.
Would putting something slightly more complex be acceptable?

Baby Spice gets on the top turnbuckle with a jump and raises her fists to the sky holding them together
and leaps toward Locke Lamora quickly lowering them, performing a strong Double Axe Handle!!
I'd prefer something a little clearer; the whole line in bold is probably going to make it difficult for me to quickly pick up who's being hit with the move. If you are going to do that I'd rather you bolded the move and the player only.

Oh, and your post has been fixed, in accordance with the rules :P
chesskid3 wrote:how long does this last?
If there's no limit
we should elect a person to get the belt by voting and then very democratically knock everyone else out >_>
Standard deadline is two weeks. If people let it last to deadline then I'll give it to the person who has the most health remaining. It shouldn't take anywhere near that long if people use their moves regularly, though.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Can I just clarify whats the difference between performing a move on someone o damage their health points and performing a move for a vote?
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Wont do it that way then Locke.

Snake, I suspect it's because we can't vote during the rumble.

Baby Spice seizes SnakePlissken by the hair and drops him in the middle of the ring. Climbing to the top turnbuckle she leaps into the air and

Frog Splashes SnakePlissken

Gods I miss watching Eddie.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

SnakePlissken wrote:Can I just clarify whats the difference between performing a move on someone o damage their health points and performing a move for a vote?
There is no lynch today. Think of it as a mini-game within the overall game just to decide the champion, and also for people to get used to the rules.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I am town this game, therefore, we should give me the belt. I think I'm quite useful as an asset to town, and NK-immunity on me is going to drive fear into the heart of the scums. Of course, you have no proof of my towniness yet, but I'll simply say give me a week and you will see it. In the meantime, we should knock out people we obviously do not want to have NK-immunity.

Stun punch: chesskid

Judo chop: vezokpiraka

No offense to you two, but you're not people I want in endgame for the town.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VP Baltar opens his mouth to talk more trash but is promptly silenced by a resounding superkick to the jaw!
YOUR AD HERE

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Mods: About the 200-word limit: Do mods questions count towards the 200-word limit? How are numbers/dates/times handled?

And the move-votes stuff count towards the 200-world
(i.e. can someone trick-vote by having their "Move: Target" vote being the 201 & 202 words in a post?)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:23 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Belly to Belly Suplex: VP Baltar

Swanton Bomb: VP Baltar

---

Double posts for the loss. Tsk tsk.
Double moves for the win. Horray!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

As I said before I double posted, it takes 10 moves to knock someone out and everyone gets two moves per day. I suggest we focus our moves on people we definitely do not want in endgame as town first, then work our way through the list.

Also, AV, I think that was really dumb. Knock out people that stink at endgame first.
YOUR AD HERE

Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Baby Spice »

VPB is probably right about the championship.
But what worries me is that the scum faction must have a fair degree of control over who gets it, just from the ability to co-ordinate.

Still, ...
Baby Spice grabs Furcolow by the arm, slings him into the ropes, raising her foot as he bounces back and does a

big boot to Furcolow's head

Definately someone I don't want to have an imunity.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I think there'll be plenty of people willing to follow your plan, VPB.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

There's a few people here I wouldn't want.

Nero grabs
Internet Stranger
a
delivers a spinning ddt

He picks him back up and
delivers a snap suplex

TL;DR version.

IS got snap suplexed and a spinning ddt.

Also guys, titles change hands through the shows.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Clothesline: Vezok
Stomp on Faise: Vezok

I like VP's plan.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:46 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Top Rope Powerbomb Chesskid
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”