Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:11 am

Post by bv310 »

HYDRA MAFIA

Welcome, one and all, to the single greatest Mafia experiment ever! 24 players, 12 accounts, 1 outcome.

Still among the land of the living (Bolded is confirmed):

Bowser
Chimaira
Crab Canon
Faranor
IceCream
Mr. Smith
Professor Paradox
TomAndJerry

Dead and Gone:

bv311, VT, Lynched D1
FourTigers, VT, Killed N1
Pineapple, VT, Lynched D2
MasterSpy, Bodyguard, Killed N2
Last edited by bv310 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 am

Post by bv310 »

Rules (Taken and modified from Stef):

The rules for this game are a modified version of the BaM rules.

1.) Votes must be bolded and at the start of a line. Fail to respect this rule and your vote might not be counted.
2.) Unvoting is nice, but not necessary.
3.) Once a majority is reached, that person is lynched.
4.) If there is no majority at deadline, there will be no lynch for that day. For a no lynch, 50% of those alive need to vote for such.
5.) Day 1 will have a semi-flexible deadline of 16 days. All following days will have a deadline of 14 days.
6.) Nights will have 72 hours maximum. Any night actions not submitted will simply not happen – the thread should be open 48 hours following a deadline lynch.
7.) Do not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows you to.
8.) When you die, you are dead. Stay that way.
9.) Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
10.) Do not quote any communication from the mod (that includes PMs) in the game thread.
11.) If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let me know.
12.) If you do not post for 72 hours you will be prodded. If you do not post for 24 hours after your prod you will be replaced and added to my personal blacklist unless there's a really good reason for your disappearance.
13.) If you notice mistakes aside from the vote count, PM me. Bold notification about vote count issues in the thread.
14.) Play to win.
15.) Play with the spirit of the game in mind.
15.a.) This means ASK before you do something you think I might question. Questions are good. Modkills are bad.
16.) Have fun. Remember that everyone playing are actually real people and treat them as such. Fail to treat the other players with respect and you might end up modkilled and blacklisted.
17.) Do not attempt to impersonate either me or any other player in the game.
Various shades of Light-ish blue
are my colour. Don’t use them.
18.) Night actions are determined using Natural Action Resolution

- Additional -

1.) This game cannot be broken by mass flavor claim.
2.) This game may contain custom roles.
3.) Be active and if you have to replace out be a dear and find your own replacement. Only ask me to do so if you cannot for "X" reason.
4.) I am not afraid to modkill. Don't test me.
Last edited by bv310 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Oj and VP were here first!
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Mr Smith »

This account scoffs at your "LOL FIRST POST" type comment.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Everyone needs to identify themselves, btw. And you're cruising for a bruising with your scoffage.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Mr Smith »

We are Mr Smith. There is no reason to name the heads.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Vote: Mr. Smith
Only scum have a reason to hide their heads. Anyone else want to back up Mr.
Scum
Smith?
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Mr Smith »

VP, what town reason is there to reveal heads? It tells scum where the best players are and makes them easy pickings for NKs. The only reason one would need to out their heads is for meta purposes. Which doesn't help much at all. Give me 3 pro-town reasons not involving meta to claim heads and I'll gladly agree - I say this because you will NOT be able to do it.
bv311
bv311
Townie
bv311
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:04 am

Post by bv311 »

Oh hi there.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Bowser »

I'm here, and ready to burn some scum!

I will start with a
FoS: Crab Canon
for making people reveal their heads!
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Pineapple »

Hi, I'm Pineapple.
@Crab Canon:
The game hasn't started yet, plus I agree with Mr. Smith and Bowser. It's more fun that way.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Mr Smith »

vote: Bowser

1 scum down, now let's see which of the next 4 posters is scum #2, if any.

Also, IE really is quite terrible, but I refuse to log out of my main account in FF. My other head should be online and maybe posting within the next few minutes?
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Meta reasons do apply. On what grounds do you have to say that they don't? For instance, if a hydra contains a known VI and begins to act highly irrationally, but the town as a whole does not know about the VIs presence, that is more likely to lead to a mislynch that could have easily been avoided with a little meta.

Additionally, the converse of your reason, that scum will target the experienced players, is that having the experienced players out in the open allows any protective roles to operate more efficiently. Same for any other power role really.

Third reason is because Crab Canon said so and is by far the best hydra team. :P obv. pro-town we win, now do it.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Bowser »

Oh, and
Vote: Pineapple
because they're delicious.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Elaboration on the Bowser vote: Not trying to start a commotion, just a weak FoS based on weak reasoning. Scum tend to want to avoid the spotlight, just like what Bowser is doing already with a single post.
Pineapple's post is quite passive too but at least they at least didn't shoot a FoS at VPCrab merely for suggesting a head claim.
By the way, if I'm wrong about which head of Crab is posting at the moment, please correct me. I'm pretty damn sure it's VP but I'm also terrible at identifying metas.

P-Edit: At least one head of this hydra thinks meta is pretty terrible. Protective roles shouldn't be on the most experienced players but on the players who look most town.
P-Edit 2: Oh wow. Bowser's got a "legit" FoS out and is RVSing at the same time. Wonderful, can we lynch them?
Fenhl
Fenhl
Goon
Fenhl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Fenhl »

Edited out to avoid confusion
Last edited by bv310 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mini Normal 1145 ÔÇö Plain Mafia: No replacements needed. If you want me to notify you when a replacement is needed, PM me!
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Ok, let me use a more concrete example. (and I'm not trying to be mean here, so I apologize in advance if it comes across like that). Say CSL is in a hydra but you don't know it. At some point, this hydra gets run up to L-2 or 3 and says it will self-hammer if it gets to L-1. Anybody else on the site and you are going to power lynch that person for making such a terrible appeal to emotion. However, if you know it's CSL, you know he does it as town or scum and therefore you shouldn't use that as a reason to lynch.

Re: protective roles - same goes for scum kills doesn't it? An experienced player that looks really scummy isn't going to be high on scum's kill list I would imagine.

All of that being said,
Unvote
. You seem to actually believe that you're making a town choice. You're not...but you seem to believe it. Plus I like your Bowser hate.

And this is VP. See, you're not so terrible afterall.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:Meta reasons do apply. On what grounds do you have to say that they don't? For instance, if a hydra contains a known VI and begins to act highly irrationally, but the town as a whole does not know about the VIs presence, that is more likely to lead to a mislynch that could have easily been avoided with a little meta.
I think that as you could just as easily make the Hydra responsible for possible VI-behaviour. Is there a particular reason you are trying to allow a bad player to play bad? In this game, he would actually have a chance to improve his play by working with his other head. Seriously, what reason do you have to give a bad player an excuse to play bad?

If someone here plays scummy, I'm going to lynch him. I absolutely don't mind that you can't come here with some crappy meta defence.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I don't know about your win condition, but mine is to lynch scum, not educate players on how to play better. Lynching bad-town = losing. If you're saying that you don't care who you are lynching even if they are likely town, then you are playing against the town wincon.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Bowser »

Crab, I'm going to disprove your theory about that.
Mr Smith wrote:Elaboration on the Bowser vote: Not trying to start a commotion, just a weak FoS based on weak reasoning. Scum tend to want to avoid the spotlight, just like what Bowser is doing already with a single post.
Pineapple's post is quite passive too but at least they at least didn't shoot a FoS at VPCrab merely for suggesting a head claim. By the way, if I'm wrong about which head of Crab is posting at the moment, please correct me. I'm pretty damn sure it's VP but I'm also terrible at identifying metas.
This is exactly why trying to figure out meta is not all that helpful. However, this hydra has talked it over and decided that trying to figure out heads is a null-tell, not scummy. For the record, this hydra has decided to out itself as Untrod and CSL. Just as a show of good faith.
UnFoS

Mr Smith wrote:P-Edit: At least one head of this hydra thinks meta is pretty terrible. Protective roles shouldn't be on the most experienced players but on the players who look most town.
See above. Also...yes? Who said protective roles shouldn't be on the most town players?
Mr Smith wrote:P-Edit 2: Oh wow. Bowser's got a "legit" FoS out and is RVSing at the same time. Wonderful, can we lynch them?
It was a joke FoS. Who makes a "legit" anything in post #9? Do you think we're retarded?
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Case in effing point.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:I don't know about your win condition, but mine is to lynch scum, not educate players on how to play better. Lynching bad-town = losing. If you're saying that you don't care who you are lynching even if they are likely town, then you are playing against the town wincon.
It's a strawman that I'm trying to educate here. It is very clear I'm not, but that I expect the quality of a hydra to be better then the worst member, and that I think that both players in a hydra are responsible for the level of play. If the second head lets the first head play like a VI, I'll assume that that hydra apparently benefits from that kind of playstyle.

Why are you trying so hard to give VI's an excuse to play bad?
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Bowser »

FYI, I refuse to play like a damned VI anymore. What you saw in ACoK is no more.

~CSL

Because tildes are awesome.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Also, Bowser appears to have already resorted to "Appeal to Attacker" and decided to unFoS (FoSes being irrelevant in the first place) after being called out for it.
My stance on meta: It can be used to find townies from a town point of view, but it does not work for finding scum, which is the most important part of town play. Town play tends to be less predictable and so specific things from a player's town meta can be noticed and used as towntells. Howeverm scum metas are far less diverse and using meta to find scum doesn't really do anything except distract from actual scumhunting.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Bowser »

Mr Smith wrote:Also, Bowser appears to have already resorted to "Appeal to Attacker" and decided to unFoS (FoSes being irrelevant in the first place) after being called out for it.
Oh for Goomba's sake, what does that even mean? Are you trying to say that we're trying to suck up to someone? We're not.
FoS is not an irrelevant gesture. Stating your suspicions is helpful. In this case it wasn't all that meaningful, especially since we talked it over and decided that trying to figure out heads wasn't suspicious (which we said later). That's why we un-FoSed. Some of the hydra protocol was a bit clunky to start with, but we're getting better into the flow now. For all of your meta needs, we will sign posts we make individually, and not sign posts we make collaboratively. Then no one will say "LOL I WONDER WHICH HEAD IT IS THAT IS SAYING THE THINGS I DON'T LIKE".
Mr Smith wrote:My stance on meta: It can be used to find townies from a town point of view, but it does not work for finding scum, which is the most important part of town play. Town play tends to be less predictable and so specific things from a player's town meta can be noticed and used as towntells. Howeverm scum metas are far less diverse and using meta to find scum doesn't really do anything except distract from actual scumhunting.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

<3,
Untrod
It's
BOWSER TIME!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”