Shell Game (Night 4)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!

Also, the scum team is Firebringer, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick, Sunflower, and Lukewarm

VOTE: Sunflower
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #134 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi Luke, are you enjoying this game so far?

How spooked and demoralized are you that I've already identified your entire scum team?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Oblivion, Dunn Town

After actually reading I am happy with my Sunflower vote

It is 3:55 AM before my first day back at work in a week and yet I would prefer to hang out with all of you than go back to sleep, someone say some words to me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #144 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi Brian Skies!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #149 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!
In post 102, Sunflower wrote:
In post 96, morph the cat wrote:
In post 94, morph the cat wrote: I have similar concerns about fireisredsir.
*WE* have concerns, simultaneously and independently!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

:blossom:
In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

I don't like either of the above from Sunflower

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
2. Can you go into more detail on the ActionDan read?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #151 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!

Fire seems to have taken the "Jupiter in a scum slot fluffyness" and made it a part of himself right now. And I don't like it one little itty bitty bit.

Grrrrrrr.
i was fluffier entering kemusan which you both saw so this is an interesting take

actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

The first deflects morph's (imo valid) point about their fluffiness by mentioning one game where they were fluffy early on as town. By mentioning this, it demonstrates that they are aware of their town meta and therefore should have no problem replicating it, so I'm not sure the purpose of even saying this other than to try to get morph off their back.

The second post feels like scum artificially inflating the word count to look like they have substantial thoughts, idk how to really articulate it but it feels insecure to me. The ActionDan read is basically "I think town but he could be scum" which is very non-committal, so what's the point of including it in the first place? The comments about morph and STD follow this same pattern, though less explicitly. It feels like they felt the need to pad their response to morph to make it look like they were thinking about the game critically and it resulted into a bunch of "reads" that don't actually tell me anything.

These, along with their not so stellar (but not quite irredeemable!) early posts makes me happy with my vote on them.

@Sunflower:
1. What makes morph and Dunn's takes about your fluffiness "interesting" and how does this inform your read on them?
Quoting for pagetop and visibility!

PEdit: FUCK
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Brian can you explain why you are townreading Sunflower?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Oblivion I am loving your spunk
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Mostly vibes

You came into the game engaging heavily and asking questions in a way that felt pro-town

And while I don't necessarily agree with some of your conclusions, I believe that you believe the things you are saying
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Your thoughts on Dunn and Firebagel
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:38 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I agree with you about Hermit Crab's entrance feeling awkward
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

You seem to be concerned by both and I disagree with your stated reasons, particularly with Firebagel. I don't think anything about the quoted post you pointed out was hostile.

Dunn is currently my strongest town-read, for whatever that's worth seven pages into the game.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #167 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:10 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 127, Spiffeh wrote: Hi everyone, I am undisputedly Town and any notions to the contrary will not be tolerated!!!
Hi Gypyx I think you may have missed this post? Super embarrassing for you but I'm willing to overlook it if you sheep me onto Sunflower
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #176 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am in a six person hood that is not Marci’s
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #284 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Thank you that really means a lot
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@Luke Nope

My neighborhood consists of myself, Dunnstral, Hermit Crab, Bingle, SirCakez, and Firebringer if that hasn’t been said already
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #310 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m saying this now so no one can steal it from me before I can get back to my computer and act like they thought of it first:

I’m not townreading Shello and Goodbye
Or Lukewarm
Or Pooky (this one’s not that special)

One might call them “the big three”

Sunflower remains to be seen when I can properly read what I’ve only skimmed but I’m sad no one followed me onto them, I was proud of my page six case :(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #341 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m so proud of that Eternity Larva post you quoted, probably my towniest post in that game lol
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #348 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I have not been informed nor do I see anything that indicates there is anything special about the neighborhood I’m in

It just lists the names of the members

It’s called the Night Market if that means anything to anyone
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #354 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 345, Gypyx wrote: I'd be curious as to why people are townreading spiffeh if anyone is
You might have more luck if you explain why you’re NOT Town reading me and seeing how people respond vs. calling me scum with no explanation and expecting people to feel the same way!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #390 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 360, Gypyx wrote:
In post 354, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 345, Gypyx wrote: I'd be curious as to why people are townreading spiffeh if anyone is
You might have more luck if you explain why you’re NOT Town reading me and seeing how people respond vs. calling me scum with no explanation and expecting people to feel the same way!
I'd rather die than scumcase someone after the disaster that have been my reads lately

it's also more of me not seeing it so like, i wanna know, not engaging in a battle to the death with u
I am not looking to get into a battle to the death. I don't find your hesitance to townread me all that surprising given our recent history, and I actually think certain players have given me a free pass this game that I haven't earned (which I will address at some point), since nothing I've really done has been outside of my scum range imo

I do take issue with your initial (seemingly) confident scum read on me crumbling immediately upon calling you out and asking you to elaborate.

I'd love to rekindle what we had in Kemusan if you're Town here, so a good first step would be to explain why you're scum reading me, or actually doing something about it!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #392 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

That's funny because you're the one(s) I was talking about!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #411 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Spoiler: Morph quotes
In post 316, morph the cat wrote:
In post 264, Dannflor wrote: which probably makes sunflower town because is the type of post to make it look like you're sorting someone and get town read by the person you are pushing it isn't the type of post you make to push a scum buddy
In post 149, Spiffeh wrote: Ok the site is too laggy for me to keep refreshing the thread so I will instead devote my time to casing someone on page 6!

Grrrrrrr.

pooky a little towny

@Sunflower:

Compare to recently ended scum-spiff scumcase on town early D1:
In post 1520, Eternity Larva wrote: my self-involved reason for scum reading Koishi has to do with their treatment of me ever since 2.0 replaced in and that feeling hasn’t ever been absolved.

i also never townread their predecessor.

buddying town reads can very much be a play style thing but the bulk of their ISO, as many others have pointed out, is less progressing the game forward and more positioning and endearing themselves to people, more performative than gamesolvey.

i don’t have their ISO open but I remember noticing there’s been a couple times where they’ve praised myself (and others?) for certain posts because they were able to get a lot out of it or something, which is a safe way look like you’re analyzing the game without revealing your thoughts or making a stance. to be fair, my recent questioning into this did generate a decent response about their thoughts on Yuuka and admittedly gave me town feels.

before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held. and even prior to this Yuuka was just middle of the road for them. while my poor reading comprehension could be a contributing factor, struggling to identify the scum reads of the player with the highest post count is concerning and again points more toward scum putting on a show of genuineness and effort

this is why i’m looking forward to their wall posts on some of their not-town reads

these are my thoughts off the top of my head so they are a bit scattered but result in a scum read. i will admit i felt some glimmers of towniness from my interactions with Koishi yesterday which is why i swapped back to Kagerou, but i’m done allowing minor town pings distract me from a body of work that is scummy overall.

I’m fine with either being eliminated

I don't think this was a good comparison. The Eternity Larva post is 1500 posts into Day 1 where I'm scum, feeling myself, and being widely townread by the masses. My ~case~ on Sunflower was post 149 before anything's really happened (also I'm Town here but that's beside the point!). In Touhou, someone specifically asked for reasons why Koishi was scum so I was happy to jump in and oblige to earn further town points. Here, I posted the Sunflower case with zero prompting.

I'm sure there was a more apt comparison that you could have made earlier on in Day 1 of Touhou that you didn't, and I'm left wondering why.

I interpreted your question to Dannflor as your explanation for why you were town reading me, so it feels like unearned buddying especially when the circumstances are VASTLY different.

Especially coming out of Touhou where Cabd especially was snowed by me super hard and I expect him to be incredibly wary of my every move this game.

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood the point you were making.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #413 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ffery is the one that grabbed the Eternity Larva post right?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #415 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:13 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Dunnstral I was just about to passionately explain why I was townreading you after reading up on what I skimmed over but now you've lost that privilege due to your shenanigans
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #471 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Spiffeh »

There's a hard-to-describe timidity to a lot of Ydrasse's posts that rubs me the wrong way and feels different from her brief stint that I observed in Kemusan. To be fair, she was IC in Kemusan and also didn't end up posting much, but the way she presented herself felt more confident and less wishy-washy. See the bolded in the below quotes for examples:
In post 194, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i don’t really like luke’s intro and posts on 5-6
idk why i haven’t played with him for a while so it could be that but
they feel off to the vibes of the thread
In post 229, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
while it was not the pinnacle of a towncase
i think i want to rescind my firebagel read looking back at the earlier parts of the game i feel like she was trying a bit too hard to fit in with the Whimsy and Wonder RVS squad.
i'm not sure if this matters as much
for a gimmicky account because like yeah youre gonna want to interact with the people who inspired you but meh
In post 325, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
it's goofy but
dan doesn't strike me as the type of person to throw that in willy nilly as a wolf idk. he seems like he would be more preoccupied with being Serious (<- has seen one game of dan and it was a town game)
The rest of my Ydrasse meta is like four years old but I recall her being OVERLY confident in previous games and here she's playing a little too scared for my liking.

Anyone want to enlighten me on why they are town reading Ydrasse?

PEdit: that is a good vote from Ydrasse though, she's already winning me over!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #478 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

My edible is kicking in and I am really not in the mood to keep reading so I'm going to haphazardly engage with some of you in real time until I don't feel like it anymore

PEdit: @Ydra I agreed with your assessment of Luke's early posts, how do you feel about his interaction with Morph specifically?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #482 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 411, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 264, Dannflor wrote: which probably makes sunflower town because is the type of post to make it look like you're sorting someone and get town read by the person you are pushing it isn't the type of post you make to push a scum buddy

Grrrrrrr.

pooky a little towny

@Sunflower:

In post 1520, Eternity Larva wrote: my self-involved reason for scum reading Koishi has to do with their treatment of me ever since 2.0 replaced in and that feeling hasn’t ever been absolved.

buddying town reads can very much be a play style thing but the bulk of their ISO, as many others have pointed out, is less progressing the game forward and more positioning and endearing themselves to people, more performative than gamesolvey.

i don’t have their ISO open but I remember noticing there’s been a couple times where they’ve praised myself (and others?) for certain posts because they were able to get a lot out of it or something, which is a safe way look like you’re analyzing the game without revealing your thoughts or making a stance. to be fair, my recent questioning into this did generate a decent response about their thoughts on Yuuka and admittedly gave me town feels.

before sharing their thoughts on Yuuka yesterday i could not tell you one scum read that Koishi held. and even prior to this Yuuka was just middle of the road for them. while my poor reading comprehension could be a contributing factor, struggling to identify the scum reads of the player with the highest post count is concerning and again points more toward scum putting on a show of genuineness and effort

this is why i’m looking forward to their wall posts on some of their not-town reads

these are my thoughts off the top of my head so they are a bit scattered but result in a scum read. i will admit i felt some glimmers of towniness from my interactions with Koishi yesterday which is why i swapped back to Kagerou, but i’m done allowing minor town pings distract me from a body of work that is scummy overall.

I don't think this was a good comparison. The Eternity Larva post is 1500 posts into Day 1 where I'm scum, feeling myself, and being widely townread by the masses. My ~case~ on Sunflower was post 149 before anything's really happened (also I'm Town here but that's beside the point!). In Touhou, someone specifically asked for reasons why Koishi was scum so I was happy to jump in and oblige to earn further town points. Here, I posted the Sunflower case with zero prompting.

I'm sure there was a more apt comparison that you could have made earlier on in Day 1 of Touhou that you didn't, and I'm left wondering why.

I interpreted your question to Dannflor as your explanation for why you were town reading me, so it feels like unearned buddying especially when the circumstances are VASTLY different.

Especially coming out of Touhou where Cabd especially was snowed by me super hard and I expect him to be incredibly wary of my every move this game.

Morph any response to this?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #500 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 429, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 415, Spiffeh wrote: Dunnstral I was just about to passionately explain why I was townreading you after reading up on what I skimmed over but now you've lost that privilege due to your shenanigans
I don't think I did that much.

Would it be correct to say you'd prefer not to be posting in our neighborhood?
Yes.

I will utilize the neighborhood more during Night phases, but don't really care enough to check it often during the Day when we have the actual game thread.

Do you want to talk to me about why you called that one post scummy with no explanation? Is there anything I've presented in the thread you that also rubbed you the wrong way, or is your scum read on me based primarily on my neighborhood activity?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #517 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 490, morph the cat wrote:
In post 482, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 411, Spiffeh wrote:

Grrrrrrr.

pooky a little towny

@Sunflower:

Morph any response to this?
I don't think Cabd is around atm.

I'm curious why you thought I made that post. Also, did you have a response to my cryptic comment about Kemusan and WH13?
I just ISO'd you and can't figure out why I thought that was you.

I think you are referring to the fact that we mind meld fairly often and easily when we are Town together. The crypticness of your post makes me think you are not currently town reading me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #536 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 519, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 478, Spiffeh wrote: My edible is kicking in and I am really not in the mood to keep reading so I'm going to haphazardly engage with some of you in real time until I don't feel like it anymore

PEdit: @Ydra I agreed with your assessment of Luke's early posts, how do you feel about his interaction with Morph specifically?
i think that luke came out of it feeling better to me than morph, his read about it being a jedi mind trick into town on morph felt believable. i don't think that morph was wolfy during it though
At the time I felt like Luke was a little too accepting of Morph as Town after that interaction

Like "yay Morph is townreading me now let me return the favor so they get off my back"
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #544 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 535, Sunflower wrote:
In post 524, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 485, Sunflower wrote: people keep being overly eager to paint meta reads off incomplete/inaccurate data with no shame or concern whatsoever and the fact that some of them are doing it as town is annoying

Who are you sub tweeting here?
spiffeh and morph mostly

i think there was a third that made it feel like a pattern but idr who

Have you considered that I was using my admittedly flimsy meta read on Ydra as an entry point to engage with her and see if others felt the same way as me about the things that DO bother me?

(I recognize this is an unfair thing to assume that you would catch, but the above is approximately 40% of the reason I presented that post in the way that I did!)

Also which of the two of us are "doing it as town"?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #570 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 548, morph the cat wrote:
In post 536, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 519, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 478, Spiffeh wrote: My edible is kicking in and I am really not in the mood to keep reading so I'm going to haphazardly engage with some of you in real time until I don't feel like it anymore

i think that luke came out of it feeling better to me than morph, his read about it being a jedi mind trick into town on morph felt believable. i don't think that morph was wolfy during it though
At the time I felt like Luke was a little too accepting of Morph as Town after that interaction

Like "yay Morph is townreading me now let me return the favor so they get off my back"
You think we were on his back?
Your interaction with Luke felt like that thing you do in your town games where you engage with someone you potentially suspect heavily to either cement or shake yourself out of the read.

It's why I felt your slot came out townier in that exchange.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #606 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 581, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 570, Spiffeh wrote: Your interaction with Luke felt like that thing you do in your town games where you engage with someone you potentially suspect heavily to either cement or shake yourself out of the read.

It's why I felt your slot came out townier in that exchange.
This is literally the opposite of what happened lol

*I* engaged with *them* because they did something that I potentially suspected.

At no point did I think that they were scum reading me. I felt like I started at Null
Uhhhhhhh I think the edible has kicked in and may be playing a factor in my potential misunderstanding

This is what I get for trying to engage in real time while high and without finishing reading

I will review the exchange tomorrow to see if anything I just fucking said makes sense lmao sorry
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #622 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

To be fair I also don't understand what's going on but I am impaired

What's Pooky's excuse?!?!?!

PEdit: OH WAIT I GET IT NOW
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #696 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I think marci is Town
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #744 (isolation #36) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m loving this morph and Pooky banter
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #769 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 746, Hermit Crab wrote: Who's the scum in our hood, Mickey?

Chuck Rab
Not Dunn, not you

Maybe Firebringer?

Cakez and Bingle haven’t even posted yet
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #780 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Firebringer is null

You’ve been a townread for awhile

Hermit Crab’s reaction to the dethy and subsequent posting just feels very Town to me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #781 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

@Dunn
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #788 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Cakez is scum like all the fucking time lmao
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #794 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Did I say I think Brian Skies could be scum yet?

Because I think he could
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #796 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Exactly
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #803 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

So many people town read Brian's 150 when it's giving the bare minimum, I don't get that
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #812 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 799, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 310, Spiffeh wrote: I’m saying this now so no one can steal it from me before I can get back to my computer and act like they thought of it first:

Or Lukewarm

Sunflower remains to be seen when I can properly read what I’ve only skimmed but I’m sad no one followed me onto them, I was proud of my page six case :(
Mickey, what's the deal with this? Have any of these changed?
I will need to reread the dethy hood realization when I'm not high af but my first impression is that Luke is townier, Ydrasse and Pooky no real change
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #829 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 817, Hermit Crab wrote: We're taking a step back in general because we reduced the scum pool to 6 names at one point excluding the dethy neighbors, and we decided that the list did not look right.
We are not willing to share that list at this time.

-Herr Mitt
I predict I am one of the six

~The Six~
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #839 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Morph has been incredibly Town these last several pages which comforts me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #863 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I kinda think ActionDan is Town?

Does he really continue to double down on the miller thing as scum when it’s clearly rubbing people the wrong way and worsening his already vulnerable position?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #866 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 860, morph the cat wrote:
In post 858, morph the cat wrote:
In post 856, Dannflor wrote: didn't you dislike the miller claim before you realized the whole dethy things?

or do I have the timeline wrong?
I don't want this to be a townslip. but.
Prolly-traitor weakens it somewhat, but a watered-down townslip is still nice pickings for a day one.
Can you explain this to me like I’m high?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #871 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

How would I earn cred for his scum flip when I’m calling him Town? Lol
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #883 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

That’s unfortunate
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #891 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Morph I do not understand your thought process

What makes you think I’d waste any potential credit I’d gained as scum by trying to protect ACTIONDAN? Lol
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #894 (isolation #52) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I think ActionDan is Town so this probably won’t end up mattering but I’m confused as to how you have jettisoned any town feelings you had on me for that post

@Morph
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #896 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 883, Spiffeh wrote: That’s unfortunate
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #898 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m glad I am the catalyst that brought two of my strong Town reads together!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #909 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Morph what do you think of Ydrasse?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #914 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 471, Spiffeh wrote: There's a hard-to-describe timidity to a lot of Ydrasse's posts that rubs me the wrong way and feels different from her brief stint that I observed in Kemusan. To be fair, she was IC in Kemusan and also didn't end up posting much, but the way she presented herself felt more confident and less wishy-washy. See the bolded in the below quotes for examples:
In post 194, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i don’t really like luke’s intro and posts on 5-6
i think i want to rescind my firebagel read looking back at the earlier parts of the game i feel like she was trying a bit too hard to fit in with the Whimsy and Wonder RVS squad.
for a gimmicky account because like yeah youre gonna want to interact with the people who inspired you but meh
it's goofy but
dan doesn't strike me as the type of person to throw that in willy nilly as a wolf idk. he seems like he would be more preoccupied with being Serious (<- has seen one game of dan and it was a town game)
The rest of my Ydrasse meta is like four years old but I recall her being OVERLY confident in previous games and here she's playing a little too scared for my liking.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #938 (isolation #57) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 936, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 932, morph the cat wrote: Touhou? WHAT?
cabd took my slot in touhou upick
*gasps*
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1240 (isolation #58) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 535, Sunflower wrote:
In post 524, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 485, Sunflower wrote: people keep being overly eager to paint meta reads off incomplete/inaccurate data with no shame or concern whatsoever and the fact that some of them are doing it as town is annoying

Who are you sub tweeting here?
spiffeh and morph mostly

i think there was a third that made it feel like a pattern but idr who

@Sunflower I asked this earlier but didn't see a response, who were you referring to when you said that some of them are doing it as town?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1243 (isolation #59) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:15 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Lol @ how controversial my ActionDan post was when I am ISO'ing myself during my high era and think it's my most coherent post during that time

I also stand behind it 100%
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1248 (isolation #60) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1080, Shello and Goodbye wrote: - spiffeh whose recent posts after interacting with me were strange to me he felt defensive over being questioned about how he engaged with me
Can you elaborate on this? Which posts specifically make you feel this way?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1250 (isolation #61) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

MINE
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1257 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

{marcistar, Dunnstral, Oblivion, morph the cat, Hermit Crab}
{Pooky, ActionDan, Luke}

All of the above feel Town due to reactions and interactions surrounding the dethy neighborhood.

I am leaning towards Sunflower being the scum in the hood but am not comfortable writing off Klick and especially STD based on his lack of main thread presence.

Pooky's explanation for his frustration during the initial dethy hyper-posting feels genuine to me. I think scum!Pooky leans into the chaos there and tries to blend into the crowd, but instead he calls out why he thinks the dethy shenanigans are damaging to the game state and has a heart-to-heart with morph and I just don't think he bothers to do either of those things as scum.

Brian's return to the thread leaves a lot to be desired, feels like he's just going through the motions and while we love a solid town read on me I expect Brian to be a bit more wary given our history and how many people are scum reading me at this point? I understand this game has moved incredibly fast and it can be hard to keep up, but even after his catchup I don't see an effort to sort or engage with anyone. His provided thoughts post-catchup feel very surface level and cobbled together because he needed to have opinions.

Maybe I feel this way because it's me but I can't help but notice that I have conveniently taken a nosedive in Sunflower and Ydrasse's reads ever since the contingent of strong Town Reads I listed above started pressuring me!

Everyone that I haven't mentioned so far has really faded into the background for me so I'd like to table the dethy discussion and put more focus on the null/scummy slots outside of it, even if we ultimately settle on eliminating from the hood.

VOTE: Brian Skies
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1259 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gypyx I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the recent turn of events!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1263 (isolation #64) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 390, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 360, Gypyx wrote:
In post 354, Spiffeh wrote:
I'd rather die than scumcase someone after the disaster that have been my reads lately

it's also more of me not seeing it so like, i wanna know, not engaging in a battle to the death with u
I am not looking to get into a battle to the death. I don't find your hesitance to townread me all that surprising given our recent history, and I actually think certain players have given me a free pass this game that I haven't earned (which I will address at some point), since nothing I've really done has been outside of my scum range imo

I do take issue with your initial (seemingly) confident scum read on me crumbling immediately upon calling you out and asking you to elaborate.

I'd love to rekindle what we had in Kemusan if you're Town here, so a good first step would be to explain why you're scum reading me, or actually doing something about it!
Still curious about your explanation for scum reading me if you could give that.

You'll find that you are no longer alone in those sentiments if that makes you feel better!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1264 (isolation #65) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 330, morph the cat wrote:
In post 326, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 324, morph the cat wrote: specific?
You had an exact number of name placements you were disagreeing with.
I did!
You've put some thought into matching Pooky's list to what was going on during the first few pages. I think you know me as a player about as well as you do Pooky. How does my taking partial exception to Pooky's list fit with your understanding of my playstyle?
I don't know. It seemed unaware of the content of pooky's prior posts in a way that seemed particularly out of character for you. I was worried that it could be that you are scum, and was hoping to get you to voice what lead you to making that post, so I could judge that instead of trying to just guess at how you got there, but it feels like you have been dancing around that question.
Heh!

Well, I got what I wanted out of this convo, and so did Cabd. Consider your day 3 ticket punched.
BTW morph and Luke I believe I figured out why I had it in my head that was morph engaging Luke early on and not the other way around

I think I just missed Luke's initial post in my skimming but saw the one quoted above where ffery mentions she got what she needed out of the convo which felt to me like she was the one who initiated with the intention of getting a read on Luke in the first place

Apologies for not fully understanding that situation before speaking on it
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1266 (isolation #66) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Can you point out some posts that make you feel that way?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1269 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I proclaim myself as Town in most games as either alignment, I'm sure several players could attest to that.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1270 (isolation #68) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:28 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Do you have any strong reads, town or scum, outside of me?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1272 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

What did you feel was Towny about Shello?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1282 (isolation #70) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Do you feel that anyone is pushing me disingenuously?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1284 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 am

Post by Spiffeh »

How do you feel about Brian’s catch-up? He is probably my most confident scum read atm
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1286 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:25 am

Post by Spiffeh »

IMO the move is to proceed with this Day phase business-as-usual, push who we want to push, and allow the dethy folks to talk about dethy stuff in the comfort of their own hood outside of the thread. They should also be participating in the main thread so the rest of us can make an informed decision on who we eliminate to increase our odds at hitting the scum and locking in the masonry.

For example, STD is supposedly a beacon of Towniness in that hood if the rest of their reads are to be believed, but he has done next to nothing in the thread. If we are really hitching our wagon to the potential four-person masonry, we would need STD (and Klick and ActionDan to a lesser extent) to actually provide some readable content in the thread. Because NOT hitting the scum in that group after wasting a whole day talking about it would be disastrous.

What I don't want to happen is for us to twiddle our thumbs and talk in circles about the same three people when there are four scum outside the neighborhood that we still need to find.

(this is why neighborhoods are trash)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1288 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:51 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I have thoughts regarding Firebringer that I'm sitting on for the moment. I am eager for his promised rereads/effort today.

I am not feeling great about Ydrasse so I'd love some more focused attention there, and I want skitter to come play.

Cat Scratch Fever, PenguinPower, Dannflor have been completely lost in the shuffle for me, but I'm hoping to rectify that when I reread
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1400 (isolation #74) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:13 am

Post by Spiffeh »

ME
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1402 (isolation #75) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 291, Spiffeh wrote: @Luke Nope

My neighborhood consists of myself, Dunnstral, Hermit Crab, Bingle, SirCakez, and Firebringer if that hasn’t been said already
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1404 (isolation #76) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

^ that is a Town post
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1409 (isolation #77) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

No, nothing out of the ordinary.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1414 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:22 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: STD
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1424 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1391, morph the cat wrote: My pooky read strengthened last night. He hasn't broken in to 2nd tier town, but he's close.
In post 1417, morph the cat wrote: My unvote is purely based on Klick's most recent post.
Is this enough sync to recognize me yet?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1463 (isolation #80) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1411, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1288, Spiffeh wrote: I have thoughts regarding Firebringer that I'm sitting on for the moment. I am eager for his promised rereads/effort today.
Ohh damn. Someone is going to make me keep my word. This is truly the end times.

I want to reread you but if i was going to give a general idea of why i think u could be scum is you seem more blendy. (I know very generic). I guess ur take that got u heat for me being scum was something, but i don't see why people would push back on that. Ive been given too easy townreads by quite a few and most people give me townreads just to annoy or meme on me.

When i reread u though the things i want to keep in mind is how u interact with a few key people because i think scum you is going to be more hesitant...or neutral in interactions. Whereas i think town u might be more working with/trying to colaborate. Idk if you think this makes sense as ur scum vs town self, i think scum you tries to look engaged where town you is actually trying to work with players to keep engaged.
Where did I get heat for my "scum read" on you? Hermit Crab poked at me about it in the hood but it wasn't the crux of any scum reads on me from what I recall.

Spoiler: self meta
I think most of this is fairly accurate. As Town I typically focus more on identifying other Town players I work well with and I rely on them to bounce opinions off and keep my tunnely, OMGUSy nature at bay. As scum I am more concerned with meeting expectations and make a lot of pushes that look good on the surface while giving myself an out (similar to what I pointed out about Ydrasse earlier, actually) so I can avoid blame for the miselimination or I can drop the read on a dime if it no longer serves me.

Outside of me (?) do you have any scum reads?

I am hesitant with you because you have not yet struck the balance between troll!bringer and content!bringer that I have come to expect from your Town game. In Kemusan on Day 1, you were shooting the shit like usual but also had a very confident scum read on ffery that you were pushing at every opportunity. I'm not all that impressed with any of your game-related posts yet.

I also think that I am typically someone you focus on and try to sort pretty early, and you've barely mentioned or engaged me whatsoever. So it's off to me that the first time you've mentioned me in a serious way was "scum Spiffeh is an interesting take" as if this was never a consideration for you when I feel like I am usually guilty until proven innocent for you. My immediate thought when reading that post was that you were scared to ruffle my feathers or address me head on in the event that I had a negative reaction to it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1474 (isolation #81) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@Brian the "I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming" bleeds town to me. I don't think that ever comes from scum.

There is also a sense of genuine self-awareness that Town is more likely to vocalize in the thread. If scum!Klick notices that his vagueness is bringing him a lot of heat, he probably just changes up his play style without directly addressing and bringing more attention to it like he does here.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1622 (isolation #82) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I love when you all talk about me!

Is everyone having a good evening so far?!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1626 (isolation #83) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I think Klick is probably Town but don’t hate the rest of your list

Leaning towards Firebringer from our hood and am also wary about Cakez and Bingle just because they are nonentities

Dannflor is someone I’d also want in the mix I think
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1637 (isolation #84) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

@Oblivion
In post 1474, Spiffeh wrote: @Brian the "I'm finding the push on myself overwhelming" bleeds town to me. I don't think that ever comes from scum.

There is also a sense of genuine self-awareness that Town is more likely to vocalize in the thread. If scum!Klick notices that his vagueness is bringing him a lot of heat, he probably just changes up his play style without directly addressing and bringing more attention to it like he does here.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1767 (isolation #85) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi skitter!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1769 (isolation #86) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

@mod V/LA through Saturday 5/4

I should still be able to be around for the most part but a couple days within this timeframe will be busy for me

This game deserves more effort from me. I am feeling really good about my town reads (even though like half of them are scum reading me) but my scum reads are admittedly a bunch of mild suspicions that I haven’t explored further and there’s like eight slots in this game I haven’t even paid attention to so I think a reread would benefit me.

{Firebringer, Sunflower, Brian, Shello, someone I’m not paying attention to} is where I’m at for scum before reread, curious to see if/how that will change

@Luke can you unpack your Shello townread for me? What am I missing?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1771 (isolation #87) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1463, Spiffeh wrote: I am hesitant with you because you have not yet struck the balance between troll!bringer and content!bringer that I have come to expect from your Town game. In Kemusan on Day 1, you were shooting the shit like usual but also had a very confident scum read on ffery that you were pushing at every opportunity. I'm not all that impressed with any of your game-related posts yet.

I also think that I am typically someone you focus on and try to sort pretty early, and you've barely mentioned or engaged me whatsoever. So it's off to me that the first time you've mentioned me in a serious way was "scum Spiffeh is an interesting take" as if this was never a consideration for you when I feel like I am usually guilty until proven innocent for you. My immediate thought when reading that post was that you were scared to ruffle my feathers or address me head on in the event that I had a negative reaction to it.
I was talking to Firebringer here
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1773 (isolation #88) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1514, morph the cat wrote: {Dannflor, Spiffeh} On top of other stuff in the thread, I feel like Spiffeh is reaching with his appeal for us to townread him based on mindmeld :/
This was more me being passive aggressive towards you because I noticed you echoed a lot of my sentiments and given you have admitted to read me primarily through mindmeld I thought (and still think) it is silly that you 180'd your read on me for my one post about ActionDan.

I think you are Town. I am Town. I think we work VERY WELL together when we are both Town and identify each other, so I want you to find me. You've indicated with your "On top of other stuff in the thread" that it's not only the ActionDan thing that you're scum reading me for. So I'd appreciate if you would be transparent with your concerns about me so I can address them, clear anything up, and guide your focus away from me into a more fruitful direction.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1776 (isolation #89) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:20 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1709, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 310, Spiffeh wrote: I’m saying this now so no one can steal it from me before I can get back to my computer and act like they thought of it first:

Or Lukewarm

Spiff, what did you mean when you called us "the big three" here?
I was being funny, it doesn’t mean anything
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1790 (isolation #90) » Wed May 01, 2024 1:08 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Beginning my reread and still feel bad about their early posts
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1808 (isolation #91) » Wed May 01, 2024 4:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1806, Shello and Goodbye wrote: I'm contemplating votibg firebringer or spiffeh

~ skitter
1/2 isn’t bad!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1815 (isolation #92) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@skitter

On mobile so I’m quoting what I’ve posted already. If you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Spoiler: Thoughts on Shello and Goodbye and Firebringer
In post 1463, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1411, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1288, Spiffeh wrote: I have thoughts regarding Firebringer that I'm sitting on for the moment. I am eager for his promised rereads/effort today.
Ohh damn. Someone is going to make me keep my word. This is truly the end times.

I want to reread you but if i was going to give a general idea of why i think u could be scum is you seem more blendy. (I know very generic). I guess ur take that got u heat for me being scum was something, but i don't see why people would push back on that. Ive been given too easy townreads by quite a few and most people give me townreads just to annoy or meme on me.

When i reread u though the things i want to keep in mind is how u interact with a few key people because i think scum you is going to be more hesitant...or neutral in interactions. Whereas i think town u might be more working with/trying to colaborate. Idk if you think this makes sense as ur scum vs town self, i think scum you tries to look engaged where town you is actually trying to work with players to keep engaged.
Where did I get heat for my "scum read" on you? Hermit Crab poked at me about it in the hood but it wasn't the crux of any scum reads on me from what I recall.

Spoiler: self meta
I think most of this is fairly accurate. As Town I typically focus more on identifying other Town players I work well with and I rely on them to bounce opinions off and keep my tunnely, OMGUSy nature at bay. As scum I am more concerned with meeting expectations and make a lot of pushes that look good on the surface while giving myself an out (similar to what I pointed out about Ydrasse earlier, actually) so I can avoid blame for the miselimination or I can drop the read on a dime if it no longer serves me.

Outside of me (?) do you have any scum reads?

I am hesitant with you because you have not yet struck the balance between troll!bringer and content!bringer that I have come to expect from your Town game. In Kemusan on Day 1, you were shooting the shit like usual but also had a very confident scum read on ffery that you were pushing at every opportunity. I'm not all that impressed with any of your game-related posts yet.

In post 471, Spiffeh wrote: There's a hard-to-describe timidity to a lot of Ydrasse's posts that rubs me the wrong way and feels different from her brief stint that I observed in Kemusan. To be fair, she was IC in Kemusan and also didn't end up posting much, but the way she presented herself felt more confident and less wishy-washy. See the bolded in the below quotes for examples:
it's goofy but

I have only skimmed the last 10-15 pages or so.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1829 (isolation #93) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:36 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1827, Shello and Goodbye wrote: @spiffeh thanks, I'm having similar thoughts on Firebringer, i think he said somewhere he was getting sick so wondering if him being meh is just a byprouct of that, but he is missing a lot of the ~oomph i'd expect from fire

You're strongly townreading morph, right?
Yes, primarily because of ffery’s interaction with Luke earlier on and that their dethy realization and surrounding discussion sounded like uninformed Town eager to figure out the best way to move forward given that information
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1837 (isolation #94) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:47 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1831, marcistar wrote: Spiffeh do you have any spicy scumreads :oops: :oops:
I guess the most spicy one is Firebringer (pun intended)?

People are also townreading Brian more based off his recent posts. I remain unimpressed.

Are your emojis implying that you are concerned my scum reads are too easy?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1890 (isolation #95) » Wed May 01, 2024 7:29 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I do want them to townread me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1902 (isolation #96) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:01 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@skitter But yes, I can understand how that would be off-putting to them (morph) and you, especially coming off of Touhou and I am probably just going to lay off and let them do their thing moving forward.

Around the time the dethy neighborhood was revealed, I was able to cement a lot of strong town reads based off the the discussion surrounding it, one of which was morph. I have previously adored being Town with ffery specifically so I really wanted them to be Town in this game too. I had townread things prior to it but was still mixed overall until their reaction to the dethy.

Almost immediately upon my renewed confidence of their Townitude they pull a 180 of their opinion on me because of my stated Townread on ActionDan, thinking I am using my “cred” to try to save him as my scumbuddy. I did not and still do not understand this line of thought and it kind of demoralized me. Further still when in ffery’s listed reads I am the lowest outside of the dethy neighborhood and ActionDan wasn’t below the null line (iirc) so their only vocalized point against me no longer seems to apply.

Unless I missed it when skimming the last 10-15 pages:
They have not further explained their thought process despite my repeated asking at the time
They have not engaged me much (or really at all?) after this moment
They have ignored the multiple players they are townreading in the thread saying that the cred trade line of thought makes no sense
They no longer seem to even be scumreading ActionDan if ffery’s reads list is to be believed?

So it was/is frustrating to me that as soon as I thought we’ve found each other they jettison any semblance of a Town read on me for a, frankly, ridiculous argument without yet doing any of the due diligence I’d expect from them listed above.

So I’ve resorted to being snarky and trying to force them to engage with me, which hasn’t really worked and is probably unfair.

PEdit: this was @skitter and phone posted so sorry if there are any format or autocorrect errors.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1905 (isolation #97) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:11 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Because I think it is fueled by their paranoia of me from a recently completed completed scum game where I ate Cabd for breakfast

I don’t find it scum indicative and like I said, they were bleeding Town during the dethy reveal
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1907 (isolation #98) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Lol

It was anonymous which helped me significantly
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1917 (isolation #99) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1908, morph the cat wrote: If you're town, I'm confident we'll get there because we usually do get there in our large games.
This is why I've decided to get over myself and just let it be.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1924 (isolation #100) » Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1909, marcistar wrote: But im still slughtly confused

That big post seems like discrediting morphs thoughts without actually pushing them.

Was the dephy stuff really such a shining star?
I think scum have a VERY hard time making that "realization" seem genuine and natural like they did. This coupled with the immediate transition into town locking certain players for their reactions to it (most of which I agreed with) felt very pro-Town.

I also liked them harping on Pooky for not understanding and them ultimately coming around to a Pooky townread based on his response.

I know ffery says I am overstating the mindmeld but the above is what sold me.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1930 (isolation #101) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I actually liked Gypyx's early scum read on me and refusal to back down when I engaged with her. It's a weird choice to lock-scum read me when scum!Gypyx knows I'll be breathing down her neck and watching her closely.

I agree that there is a notable play style difference here compared to Touhou. But I attribute that to the crazy pace of the game more than anything.

She also completely disappeared on Day 1 as Town in Kemusan so I am happy to give her more time.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1936 (isolation #102) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:02 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Firebringer
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1953 (isolation #103) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1947, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: I am aware of how to press iso on Gypyx I just can't believe Spiffs thinks this is a serious case worthy of consideration
I'm saying that I think she would be treating me with a lot more nuance here if she were scum based on our history, and I'm not all that alarmed by her inactivity at this point. It's nowhere near the level of my strong town reads but she isn't a huge concern for me.

I assume you're scum reading her, feel free to convince me!

PEdit: I will read that when I'm not working
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2171 (isolation #104) » Wed May 01, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2179 (isolation #105) » Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2175, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2171, Spiffeh wrote: VOTE: Sunflower
get ur vote back on me u dirty mouse
You’ve spooked me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2186 (isolation #106) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Firebringer can you try for me?

Who do you most want eliminated today and why?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2188 (isolation #107) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:11 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Cakez I think you meant hunker down but I support your efforts
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2189 (isolation #108) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I think if there's a town read I'm wrong about it's Dunnstral
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2198 (isolation #109) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Can you explain the Klick scum read/quote a post where you've done so?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2212 (isolation #110) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2210, Firebringer wrote: Of the people who have voted me if i wanted to start questioning digging into it would be skitter/ydra hydra. Thats as much as i can give at this point
What are your thoughts on Sunflower? I thought their vote on you was the worst
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2215 (isolation #111) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Go for it

PEdit: @Firebringer
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2217 (isolation #112) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Why is Dannflor so high for you? That is someone I'm devoted to focusing on in my reread
I thought you were scum reading Pooky, what changed your mind?
I was with you on Shello and Goodbye but I thought skitter's posts were incredibly Town, what makes you scum lean them?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2221 (isolation #113) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

He has just not made an impression on me whatsoever

I remember early on he said I was scummy for over-explaining my Sunflower case which bothered me
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2222 (isolation #114) » Wed May 01, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

^ that was about Dannflor

Other than that scum read on me I don't really remember anything he's done
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2241 (isolation #115) » Wed May 01, 2024 4:12 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Shello and Goodbye who do you think are the scum on the FB wagon if you're doubting your scum read there?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2256 (isolation #116) » Wed May 01, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

We’re playing mafia, it’s impossible to have fun
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2260 (isolation #117) » Wed May 01, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

What the fuck
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2499 (isolation #118) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2484, marcistar wrote: yall :dead: :dead: ngl i wanna vote dunn
Can you talk more about this?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2500 (isolation #119) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

MINE
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2503 (isolation #120) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:32 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I noticed, I was going to leave it alone and let you two hash it out. For the record, I am not particularly bothered by the things you have pointed out.

Your flip on them does strengthen my town read on you though which makes me happy!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2504 (isolation #121) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 1924, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1909, marcistar wrote: But im still slughtly confused

That big post seems like discrediting morphs thoughts without actually pushing them.

Was the dephy stuff really such a shining star?
I think scum have a VERY hard time making that "realization" seem genuine and natural like they did. This coupled with the immediate transition into town locking certain players for their reactions to it (most of which I agreed with) felt very pro-Town.

I also liked them harping on Pooky for not understanding and them ultimately coming around to a Pooky townread based on his response.

I know ffery says I am overstating the mindmeld but the above is what sold me.
This is where I'm at with them.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2507 (isolation #122) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2505, Oblivion wrote: Has anyone considered that perhaps fighting for page tops may artificially inflate this game's size and contribute to apathy in players who fall behind?
This is fair, I will stop.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2614 (isolation #123) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I love how much of a topic of conversation I am this game!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2618 (isolation #124) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2615, Hermit Crab wrote: Spiffy the greatest compliment I’ve ever received is im like you
<3
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2649 (isolation #125) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Let’s start one

VOTE: Brian Skies
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2701 (isolation #126) » Fri May 03, 2024 12:22 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Hi everyone I am hoping today is a slow Friday at work for me because I am gonna try to knock out a large portion of my reread!

Who's excited?!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2703 (isolation #127) » Fri May 03, 2024 12:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

:(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2838 (isolation #128) » Fri May 03, 2024 10:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I reread up to page 65. FYI I will largely be MIA after this post until Sunday (beyond some potential high-posting tonight, stay tuned!) but wanted to give you all something to mull over while I'm gone.

Caveat for the asterisked* players: I remember liking some posts while skimming more recent pages that I will delve into fully when I'm back and can finish rereading.

Town: {Hermit Crab, Dunnstral, marcistar, Lukewarm, morph the cat, Pooky}
Townlean: {ActionDan/experience, Oblivion, Klick, Firebringer, Cat Scratch Fever}
Null: {Gypyx, PenguinPower, SirCakez, Firebagel, STD}
Scumlean: {Bingle, Shello and Goodbye*, Dannflor*}
Scum: {Sunflower, Brian Skies}

Random thoughts:
Gypyx was demoted because she was not nearly as hard on me as I recall on reread. She has held me as a consistent scum read throughout the game but she mentions being not-confident in her reads multiple times to where she could be intentionally playing into it so she doesn't have to confront me in a way I don't think she'd have a problem doing as Town.

Dannflor's reaction to the dethy-hood reveal is the scummiest of people active at that time imo. It was the first breakthrough moment of the game for me and helped solidify a lot of town reads, so his two posts below feel off and come from a wildly different mindset, like he's bitter that a large aspect of the game was broken open and people are town-telling all over the place?
In post 594, Dannflor wrote: anyone outside the hood and not exceedingly bored right now is scum
In post 653, Dannflor wrote: let me know when you guys have solved the game
Bingle's entrance pinged me. I haven't reached his interaction with Pooky in my reread yet but I remember not feeling great about that either.

I think it was Pooky who mentioned that Sunflower's posts look like they are being made for an audience and I feel the exact same way. They haven't really recovered for me since my TOP NOTCH case on them early on. I sense that a lot of their discussion surrounding the neighborhood is being done because they know they should have thoughts and feelings about it.

Also, please humor me while I discuss mechanics I know nothing about and let me know if you think I'm off base/conf-biasing: Sunflower crumbing their role is scummy. It took like 20 pages of the main thread for the participants of the neighborhood to realize it was a dethy, which leads me to believe that it wasn't made explicitly clear in their role PMs. However, I suspect Ceph would have clued in the assumed lone scum in the hood about it to some degree so they are not caught immediately in the event the hood mass claims. My question is, why does Town crumb that role at all? As scum with knowledge of the dethy, crumbing would be advantageous because it could be something to point to later to say "look I really do have that role I crumbed it right here!" But I don't think Town gains anything by crumbing their role as cop inventor, even with the implication of potentially not being sane.

I am happy with the Brian wagon. I find town!Brian to be more adversarial and not hesitant to go against the grain, but lots of his opinions feel safe and conforming to the general game state here which is what's bothered me since his entrance. morph basically had to pry Brian's thoughts out of him, and I don't find it characteristic of town!Brian to have to coax his thoughts out of him.

I am townreading a lot of people at this juncture and happy with the slots receiving most of the pressure so it is safe to leave this game in all of your capable hands until I make my triumphant return!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3014 (isolation #129) » Sat May 04, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Brian can you elaborate on why you’re townreading Sunflower?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3016 (isolation #130) » Sat May 04, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Who do you think is the scum in the dethy?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3143 (isolation #131) » Sun May 05, 2024 4:12 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2579, Hermit Crab wrote: I really liked bingles posting today, it’s got that townie site of not giving a fuck.
I came away from Bingle's posts, especially his interaction with Pooky, with the opposite conclusion. That his "not give a fuck" attitude was being used intentionally so people will overlook him, and when he did that he was trying to pass off the extended Pooky interaction as engagement when I don't really see what he was getting out of it? It feels a bit like Bingle was perpetuating their back and forth to look like he was doing something.

I also think his reasons for town reading Sunflower were weak but I put less stock into this than the above

Can you go into more detail on why you left that exchange + Bingle's other content feeling good about him?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3144 (isolation #132) » Sun May 05, 2024 4:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

2759 is actually a really good post from Bingle though

Bummer
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3145 (isolation #133) » Sun May 05, 2024 4:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 2844, Sunflower wrote:
In post 2838, Spiffeh wrote: Dannflor's reaction to the dethy-hood reveal is the scummiest of people active at that time imo. It was the first breakthrough moment of the game for me and helped solidify a lot of town reads, so his two posts below feel off and come from a wildly different mindset, like he's bitter that a large aspect of the game was broken open and people are town-telling all over the place?
i think this read kinda makes sense coming from someone who actually believes but i think 1924 is pretty naive and severely underestimating how easy it is for scum to blend in there (and also how they will be incredibly motivated to want to, way more than town are imo, because it's a golden opportunity to appear uninformed)

i don't get why you think scum would openly display that mindset though. like that would have to be an active choice for scum!dann to make. posts don't just happen on accident. why would he do that?

I guess I haven't really been considering a traitor in the dethy hood and if that's the case I think you're right that I am probably putting too much stock into the genuine reactions surrounding the dethy reveal.

Either way, my thought was that scum!Dann was seeing a whole bunch of players town-telling based on the dethy reveal and his instinct was to jump in in a way that could be viewed as also having a genuine reaction to it while poo-pooing it so people wouldn't put so much stock into the reads garnered in that moment. I viewed (and still do, for the most part) that part of the game as a lot of Town players reacting genuinely to the new information, so I can could see why Scum would definitely not want to happen and Dann's posts fit that bill the most among the players posting actively at that time.

I am feeling better about Dann in the latter half of my reread so not sure how relevant this is to me anymore.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3146 (isolation #134) » Sun May 05, 2024 5:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

The first five votes on Brian are myself and all of my confident town reads which makes me just want to eliminate him today no matter what.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3151 (isolation #135) » Sun May 05, 2024 5:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3011, Save The Dragons wrote: Why do I always scumread cakez
Can you devote some words to this?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3153 (isolation #136) » Sun May 05, 2024 5:42 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I will when I'm completely caught up and can post my updated readslist/thoughts
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3156 (isolation #137) » Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok we get it chill
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3161 (isolation #138) » Sun May 05, 2024 5:50 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3081, Dannflor wrote: spiffeh/marci/brian i think are my bottom 3 right now

yes marci i know you’re voting brian right now but if brian is actually scum in this gamestate he’s being heavily bussed
A couple things:
1. I don't think you've ever mentioned having me as a scum read before, can you explain why you feel this way?
2. I see you're scum reading myself and marci on the Brian wagon, but are there any other votes that feel like bus votes to you?
3. If you believe Brian is being heavily bussed, how do you reconcile marci, one of your strongest scum reads on the wagon, seemingly getting cold feet? How does this align with your perspective of the Brian wagon?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3165 (isolation #139) » Sun May 05, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm not really pulled in either direction regarding Cakez

I think the scummiest part of his ISO is the multiple promises to catch up before actually providing content, he felt very self-conscious in those moments. But this self-consciousness didn't really carry over to his actual content posts after his catchup which I liked. He is someone I would feel more comfortable giving another Day and allowing him to interact in real time instead of having him constantly being in catchup/defense mode. I feel pretty good about identifying Town Cakez and since I'm not sold on his scummitude and have much stronger scum reads, I would probably actively fight against his elimination today.

I dislike Shello's argument about his Brian Skies vote and it feels a little cherry-picked to have a reason to scum read him. I don't know how well I can articulate or substantiate this but I get the vibe that Shello entered their Cakez opinion with the intention of scum reading him in general.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3168 (isolation #140) » Sun May 05, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

What did I post that makes you scum read me and why?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3178 (isolation #141) » Sun May 05, 2024 6:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

@Bingle I drew a different conclusion than Dann in regards to the Brian Skies wagon which is why I asked him those questions. I have a lot of strong town reads on it and the only vote on Brian that looks bad is maybe Sunflower's? So his thought that Brian was being heavily bussed caught my attention and I am inquiring about it.

I also think his point that marci is trying to keep the Cakez wagon alive by questioning why it dissipated doesn't really align with the thought process that scum are heavily bussing Brian. So I want him to further explain his thought process there.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3192 (isolation #142) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Town: {Lukewarm, Hermit Crab, Dunnstral, marcistar, Pooky, morph the cat}
Townlean: {Cat Scratch Fever, Firebringer, Firebagel}
Null: {Klick, experience/ActionDan, PenguinPower, Oblivion, SirCakez, Gypyx, STD}
Scumlean: {Dannflor, Bingle, Shello and Goodbye}
Scum: {Sunflower, Brian Skies}

Feel free to ask any questions about anything.

I had some paranoia about Dunnstral but rereading the first half of the game quelled pretty much all of those feelings. He was saying a lot of things that I was saying to myself while reading back. For example, there was an early string of marci votes from Dann, Shello, and Sunflower after she was clearly softing a PR that felt yucky to me and Dunn's 466 echoes my feeling despite my never saying anything about it. His discussion around the dethy reinforces those feelings, I think he's genuinely reacting to new information and trying figure out the best way to move forward without feeling forced or like it's being done solely to be town-read.

Klick, experience/ActionDan, and Oblivion have been demoted. Klick and experience have pretty much been non-entities, and I town-read them for very specific things they did and not for their body of work as a whole, so I'm not really comfortable keeping them as town reads in a game where I already I have so many I'm confident about. In a perfect world Sunflower will be flipped at some point which will determine if I have to devote effort to them or not.

Oblivion feels tonally Town to me but I think that I'm town-reading the play style over its actual content which is a trap I've fallen into several times in the past. And I think it was Dann who said that that a lot of its engagement feels directionless and more like busy-work vs. thoughts and feelings they believe and are pursuing, which I agree with. I understand it later mentioned being sick which could explain some of its lack of gusto, but I am not longer townreading it.

The only reason I'm not actively pushing a Sunflower elimination at this point is because I am marginally more confident that Brian is just frozen scum and with the exception of marci I am unimpressed with the entirety of that hood's content as Day 1 is drawing to a close so my confidence is shaken a tiny a bit.

I'm ending my reread with way more null reads than expected but am happy overall with the top tier of my town reads and that my strongest scum read is probably being eliminated, so that's Day 2's problem!

I owe notty a Cakez ISO that he linked me after I eat something.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3196 (isolation #143) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Oh and I think I called skitter's earlier posts "incredibly Town" far too early. I no longer feel that way. Initially she was hitting the notes I expected her to as Town by keeping me at arm's length after our time in anon-Touhou, but upon reread I don't think it's all that difficult of a thought process for scum!skitter to fake or recognize would make me town read her, especially after seeing how I've approached reading some other players in that game (i.e. Gypyx and morph).
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3203 (isolation #144) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:32 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also literally no one other than Sunflower themselves addressed my point about them crumbing the cop-inventor being scum indicative :(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3208 (isolation #145) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:37 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3198, Bingle wrote:
In post 3192, Spiffeh wrote: Firebringer
Huh?
Firebringer's early posts didn't ping me as much upon reread, and I was fine with his reaction to his wagon.

I also really like these posts:
Spoiler:
In post 2194, Firebringer wrote: the whole cakez was too affraid to post thing and was too slow to respond stuff is really really dumb guys.

Like are u listening to urselves on that shit?

Do u all remember even what ur talking about with regards to the question? The question from pooky was about how he knew it was notsci but not read anything. The answer can be as simple as he read 2 pages prior.

IT can be that fucking simple, and yet we have people here taking it like there is a some sort of grand mystery that cakez has to hide from because he got outted.

Fucking dumb as shit.

Hell, i have been hounded for stuff like that where i say "I haven't reaad shit" and actually read a few pages prior and then people focused me down for this "INCONSISTENCY". No its called me exaggerating that i am very not well read on the game so i didn't tell u that i haven't read everything which is true.
In post 2209, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2208, Hermit Crab wrote: Fire you remember when someone asked you to bring him scum to kill

The offer is still on the table if you make it spicy enough
how many times do i have to tell u i don't have a fucking scumread.

Do u think im asking for votes on me while i hold back on a scumread.

No, im fucking bored. I want pushes on me to sort people better.
Ive got shit for scumreads. I have said this at least 2-3 times.

I know i haven't contributed alot, but its literally because I got jack to add besides shit posting till i find something to add.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3209 (isolation #146) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3205, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 3203, Spiffeh wrote: Also literally no one other than Sunflower themselves addressed my point about them crumbing the cop-inventor being scum indicative :(
Can you point your favorite hermit crab at it
In post 2838, Spiffeh wrote: Also, please humor me while I discuss mechanics I know nothing about and let me know if you think I'm off base/conf-biasing: Sunflower crumbing their role is scummy. It took like 20 pages of the main thread for the participants of the neighborhood to realize it was a dethy, which leads me to believe that it wasn't made explicitly clear in their role PMs. However, I suspect Ceph would have clued in the assumed lone scum in the hood about it to some degree so they are not caught immediately in the event the hood mass claims. My question is, why does Town crumb that role at all? As scum with knowledge of the dethy, crumbing would be advantageous because it could be something to point to later to say "look I really do have that role I crumbed it right here!" But I don't think Town gains anything by crumbing their role as cop inventor, even with the implication of potentially not being sane.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3214 (isolation #147) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3207, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 3203, Spiffeh wrote: Also literally no one other than Sunflower themselves addressed my point about them crumbing the cop-inventor being scum indicative :(
spiffeeeeehhhhh i want to hear more abt why i'm scum

~ skitter
I don't have more than what I've already provided

A lot of Ydra posts have pinged me. I don't like your posts about Cakez's Brian vote. These coupled with retracting my initial townreading of your earlier posts lands you comfortably in the scum lean category!

What are your thoughts on my point about Sunflower crumbing I shared with notty above?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3216 (isolation #148) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't think we should make a plan for the cop shots and the dethy hood should distribute them as they fit.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3221 (isolation #149) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:51 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3227 (isolation #150) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Spiffeh »

FYI Jingle/Bingle you are alt-slipping.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3228 (isolation #151) » Sun May 05, 2024 7:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3226, morph the cat wrote:
I was reading through that part of the thread again, and thought of you!
Thoughts?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3268 (isolation #152) » Sun May 05, 2024 8:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3180, Bingle wrote:
In post 3061, Cephrir wrote: Brian 10 (Spiffeh, morph, marci, Lukewarm, Dunnstral, Sunflower, Pooky, SirCakez, Penguin, CSF)
Could you order these town to scum, Spiff?
I missed this earlier, please refer to my reads list provided recently.
In post 3183, Bingle wrote: Also, would you like my take on the answers to those as someone who agrees with Dann, or are you specifically interested in Dann's answers?
I would like Dann's answers.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3333 (isolation #153) » Sun May 05, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3330, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3167, Bingle wrote:
In post 3165, Spiffeh wrote: I dislike Shello's argument about his Brian Skies vote and it feels a little cherry-picked to have a reason to scum read him. I don't know how well I can articulate or substantiate this but I get the vibe that Shello entered their Cakez opinion with the intention of scum reading him in general.
You're not allowed to post something that makes me scumread you and then preempt my poke at skitter like this in a way that makes me townread you. Bad mouse wizard.
Maybe I should reconsider my Spiffeh scumread. I do think they are making good arguments. Maybe I should be considering Firebringer too. This is due to me thinking there is mafia in our neighborhood which is also not confirmed I guess. Though I'm also not sure on SirCakez.
What's your read on Bingle?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3342 (isolation #154) » Sun May 05, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3152, Hermit Crab wrote: Spiff can you flip through that ISO I linked and Cakez iso here for me pls
While I agree he sounds similar tonally to Xenoblade 2, the actual content provided here is a step above which makes this not the best comparison imo

I do find aspects of Pooky's case on Cakez compelling, but still at the point where I want Brian over anyone.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3454 (isolation #155) » Mon May 06, 2024 2:50 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Shello I get you want Cakez over Brian today but can explain why you have Brian as nulltown?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3464 (isolation #156) » Mon May 06, 2024 3:05 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I would also like the Bingle case
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3465 (isolation #157) » Mon May 06, 2024 3:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3403, Brian Skies wrote: I forgot all about that Tenet game.
Is there a reason you’re being deliberately unhelpful and don’t seem to care about being the universally decided Day 1 elimination?

Does anyone look like they’re disingenuously pushing you? Who do you think are the scum on your wagon?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3466 (isolation #158) » Mon May 06, 2024 3:11 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3457, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 3403, Brian Skies wrote: I forgot all about that Tenet game.
I would be very surprised if this is how scum responds to this wagon on them, he's at e2

I think he's just checked out town who's an easy mislim, i don't think scum responds like this unless he's just cool with getting bussed
Tbh this is the only thing really giving me pause but I’m happy with what we’ve accomplished this Day and am ready to proceed.

Brian clearly doesn’t seem to care regardless of his alignment. He’s not doing anything that looks like his town self so I’m not going to overthink why he would be behaving this way as scum.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3500 (isolation #159) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Who is old Katniss?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3506 (isolation #160) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3501, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3497, Hermit Crab wrote: The two of us feel confidently that scum in our hood is between old Katniss and cakeboy.
Didn't you just say you were no longer considering any world where I was town?
How many scum do you think are in our neighborhood?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3515 (isolation #161) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:15 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Hermit Crab what makes you feel good enough about Bingle to remove him from the PoE?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3520 (isolation #162) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am open to hearing Bingle town cases (to accompany the scum case Firebringer owes us!). Bingle is currently my most preferred elimination from our neighborhood.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3533 (isolation #163) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3528, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 3520, Spiffeh wrote: I am open to hearing Bingle town cases (to accompany the scum case Firebringer owes us!). Bingle is currently my most preferred elimination from our neighborhood.
is there anything that motivates you to elim in your hood or just using it as a sorting pool?

- ydra
Hermit Crab provided who they thought were scum in our hood so I did the same.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3546 (isolation #164) » Mon May 06, 2024 6:53 am

Post by Spiffeh »

It’s ok we will gladly take FB’s Bingle case in the neighborhood if a hammer occurs prior to him posting it!

(I assume we can talk in the hood at night?)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3626 (isolation #165) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:22 am

Post by Spiffeh »

VOTE: Shello and Goodbye

There was a lot of fun drama in our hood last night it's a shame you all couldn't be there to participate!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3639 (isolation #166) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:26 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am pretty confident Sunflower is the scum in the dethy hood, btw
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3668 (isolation #167) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Who did you vig?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3694 (isolation #168) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Yeah I did, I almost jumped at the same thing but remembered I spilled the beans lol
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3700 (isolation #169) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Spiffeh »

My hero solve in the hood last night was {Brian, Sunflower, Shello and Goodbye, Dannflor, Bingle} so I'm pleased with this guilty and my ego has never been larger.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3703 (isolation #170) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:51 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am going to be stubborn about my Cakez town read just to spite you now
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3707 (isolation #171) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:56 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3702, Sunflower wrote: i still don't think it's dann

Why’s that?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3717 (isolation #172) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And their guilty on Shello doesn’t make you want to reconsider?

PEdit: @STD
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3836 (isolation #173) » Thu May 09, 2024 11:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I’m also high!

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3932 (isolation #174) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:37 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Ugh my cozy worldview is shaken
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3935 (isolation #175) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I am really not willing to consider any dethy elimination other than Sunflower at this point.

I will say more about it tomorrow when I am coherent
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3936 (isolation #176) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3934, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 3932, Spiffeh wrote: Ugh my cozy worldview is shaken
So, which of the last two is scum mouse boy
I would say Firebringer over Cakez but I'm honestly not sure anymore

I probably don't want to eliminate either one over some of my actual scumspects though
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3943 (isolation #177) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Lol now you're just taunting him be nice
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3948 (isolation #178) » Thu May 09, 2024 1:53 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I really don't think it's Cakez. I will probably actively fight against his elimination today. I don't really think the Brian/Cakez dueling wagon wagons was scum/scum when there were so many players with wonky ass progression on both of them

If I'm wrong you can call me bad but I don't think I am
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #3967 (isolation #179) » Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 3965, Firebringer wrote: Meeting is adjourned

we concluded our meeting and reached a consensus that Morph smells.
Confirming
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4143 (isolation #180) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Sunflower's ISO is just a collection of thoughts that don't lead anywhere. On Day 1 I heard a lot of "scum!fireisred is fully capable of emulating his Town game and posting pro-Town content" and in response I am requesting that someone explain to me why TOWN!fireisred wouldn't be...acting like his Town self here if he's Town?

I still think Town in Sunflower's position has no reason to crumb their role whereas the scum in the dethy would have far more incentive to crumb to pseudo-clear themselves when the dethy was eventually revealed.

I remember clocking on my reread that Sunflower was pushing/vocally suspecting all of Klick/ActionDan/marci at earlier on Day 1, which is a bit more of a minor point because it does make sense for Town in the hood to prioritize sorting there. But it follows the general theme of being survivalistic which is the behavior I expect from the scum in the dethy. I'd have to look back at their marci read trajectory because she ends up as a Town read in their final reads list from Day 1. I'm curious if they slotted marci there because of the general sentiment of her towniness that increased as the Day went on.

Most importantly, Sunflower is the most plausible bus vote on the Brian wagon. I'm townreading the majority of players on that wagon to begin with, but Sunflower mentioned Brian a grand total of like four times on Day 1 and it's a bit off to me that Sunflower exits Day 1 with Brian as their only solid scum read (according to their reads list). His vote on Brian also provides a fairly non-committal stance on Cakez that leaves the door open to hop on that wagon later on. They only mention Brian again like six hundred posts later (tbf they are not around too much throughout this period) where they state that they prefer Brian to Cakez. However, this is only after SEVERAL players (myself, Fire Bagel, CSF, etc.) have already advised our preference for a Brian elimination over Cakez.

Please check me if you think I'm conf-biasing, but everything about their read progression on both Brian and Cakez feels calculated. They want the credit for being on scum!Brian's wagon early on so voted there without pushing at all to avoid piling on as much as possible, while leaving the option open to switch to Cakez if that becomes the consensus opinion. Only once Brian's elimination is set in stone and other players are vocally uncertain about the Cakez wagon do they mention preferring Brian over Cakez. Sunflower's progression on both Cakez and Brian illustrates a pattern of following the crowd to try to fit in vs. trying to hit scum with the elimination.

So yeah Sunflower is exhibiting a lot of behavior that I expect from the scum in the dethy, who really needs to survive to get whatever advantage they would earn for staying alive and to prevent the dethy hood from becoming a masonry, and think they are the best elimination for today.

I understand the hesitance with the Klick and ActionDan slots but I won't feel confident in any of them flipping scum as long as Sunflower remains unflipped.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4144 (isolation #181) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:30 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also potentially hot-take: morph's mech-guilty on Shello is real and their claim is a mod-provided fake.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4147 (isolation #182) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:34 am

Post by Spiffeh »

And I recognize some of my points on Sunflower assumes Cakez was a Town competing wagon to scum!Brian which I feel a little less good about with Bingle's conf-Town status leaving me with no real scum read in our hood.

This is something I'm choosing to not think about for now.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4154 (isolation #183) » Fri May 10, 2024 1:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

wolfbae any thoughts on my brilliant case 2.0 on Sunflower?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4174 (isolation #184) » Fri May 10, 2024 2:07 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4167, wolfbae wrote: Sorry to disappoint. I'm still willing to let you be thread captain given you were the clear driving force behind eliminating Brian, I just don't share your opinion.
Can you share why you are most confident with Experience being the scum in the dethy hood?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4267 (isolation #185) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

FIR I'm so glad I was finally able to feel some passion from you, no need to apologize!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4285 (isolation #186) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4254, Sunflower wrote: the question you should be asking yourself is whether i played pro-scum. in what ways did i advance scum win condition with my day 1 play? this is not a rhetorical question. i would like an answer
I listed everything I felt was scummy, or "advancing scum win condition" from you on Day 1 in the very post you quoted! Unsurprisingly, you do not agree with those reasons. I don't expect you to.

You have devoted a lot of words to what ultimately feels like "I wouldn't do this as scum" (I understand some of the arguments you presented are more nuanced than this, not trying to discredit, just to summarize because I'm not trying to get into a quote-wall back-and-forth with you) which is not an argument I find convincing. I have never played with scum!you before. Other than some throw-away comments this game about you being better at scum than what you've presented here, I have absolutely no insight to how you operate as scum. Additionally, your knowledge of your own meta makes you all that more capable of circumventing it. This is not something I think is entirely out of the question for you given that so many people in this game seem to have experience with scum!you.

I explained that your behavior on Day 1 aligns with what I'd expect from scum in the dethy and listed the reasons why. I have a strong town read on marci. I have felt town-vibes from other members of that hood at points throughout the game other than STD. I find you much scummier than STD, so my sights are are currently set on you.

I was right about Brian utilizing my own scum-hunting methods that you are currently disparaging so I am not really looking for advice on how to play as Town right now. I recognize I am not infallible and could be wrong about you. I am historically a very tunnely player but even if I'm sure about something I think I've done a better job recently of not drowning the thread with posts attacking my scum reads at every opportunity. Thankfully, this is a team game and I have several strong town reads that know how to keep me in check. MANY of them feel the same way about you as I do which only boosts my confidence.

A couple things:
1. Who do you think is the scum in your hood? From what I can tell, your PoE is currently sitting at STD and Experience. Alternatively, you can explain why you are townreading marci and wolfbae. Or you can do both if you want extra credit!
2. Is there a reason you're defaulting to assuming I'm Town here if you think my arguments are just that bad? You saw my Town game in Kemusan too and I don't really recall getting as much criticism from you there. Please elaborate on how you got to your town read of me here.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4286 (isolation #187) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also I am done casing and wall-posting I wanna INTERACT IN REAL TIME

But not right now because I'm working and already spent too much time on the above post when I should have been answering emails

I promise to stop walling at you all
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4288 (isolation #188) » Fri May 10, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ngl I do feel silly taking up for Experience in any capacity when he has done absolutely nothing since replacing in over a week ago
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4304 (isolation #189) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

ffery I am interested in your reaction to Sunflower's response to my case on them when you get to it.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4308 (isolation #190) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Spiffeh »

STD I finally understand your title and love it

Just thought you deserved to know

Yes I'm an idiot
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4319 (isolation #191) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

UNVOTE:
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4321 (isolation #192) » Fri May 10, 2024 8:33 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I think I need to be away from this game for a bit to refresh/reset
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4361 (isolation #193) » Fri May 10, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Spiffeh »

^ Town
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4384 (isolation #194) » Fri May 10, 2024 12:18 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Morph why is Shello up so high now?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4533 (isolation #195) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:13 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Why are people scum reading Cakez again?

I will be back tomorrow
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4534 (isolation #196) » Sat May 11, 2024 5:14 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4514, Dannflor wrote: I kinda just think this playerlist is full of a lot of headstrong and highly skilled town players that all want their own pocket scum reads to be correct and probably want the game to be harder than it actually is

like i think at this point the team *can* realistically just be sircakez/gypyx/experience + 1
I hate this post

(Ok now I’m gone for real)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4836 (isolation #197) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4616, Firebagel wrote: Like really if you want a super barebones summary: Dragons plays low key and indifferent as town, and that's not at all what I'm seeing here.
This is like exactly what I’m seeing here lol

At least for all of Day 1
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4837 (isolation #198) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Gypyx “not being aware” that Hermit Crab is a mason is not even close to a town slip, let’s drop that please. That would not be something difficult for scum in her position to fabricate.

I’m not necessarily townreading Gypyx’s recent content but do think if she maintains this level of activity her alignment will become obvious to me over time so I don’t really want to eliminate there.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4838 (isolation #199) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:27 pm

Post by Spiffeh »