Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Mafia 1013 - Prozacs Basic Theme - Game has ENDED

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Porochaz »

Tonight we focus on a small village in the coast of the north of Scotland, from the outset there is nothing special about this village, there are many like it throughout the country, miles away from any large city and lost in there own time. Many of these villages have strong community atmosphere and the villagers often have to double up jobs to keep the city afloat. From the outset this city was no different, what used to be an old smuggling coastal village had now turned into a place where old people went to retire and during the summer families would go and holiday and hike in the hills. However the strain was growing within this little community, neighbours rarely talked to each other and if they did it was through necessity rather than through friendship and even families were growing apart by the failing of the apparent ease of life living in the middle of nowhere would give.

As is the case in these stories, something has got to give and the first sign of this was the poor hotel manager, Doris MacAllan and her husband Mac. These two had lived in the village all there lives and prided themselves on being the best port of call when tourists came to visit this normally quiet place. The two had been facing a tough time, whilst the money was good in summer, the winter months had been tough and even the Christmas period, which had just passed hadn't given them much joy. If the town were on good enough terms to talk, some might have thought it was suicide, that certainly, was what the police from the next village down went with. If only to get out of the wintery hell hole and get back to there nice warm fires and their loving wives. However, they knew something was up, the whole village knew and quickly they turned on each other. This is their story...

Villagers Alive: 4/12

Anon

Blackberry

Budja

Confucius
Fishythefish

Villagers Dead: 8/12
Raivann - Sheila Gibbs - Vanilla Townie - Pushed Over a Cliff - Day 1 - Post 506
Jack - Steven Goodmen - Vanilla Townie - Shot - Night 1 - Post 508
Mitsuru Kirijo - John Craig - Town Firefighter - Burned to Death - Night 1 - Post 508
mallowgeno - Jenny Lewis - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 2 - Post 653
llamaeatataco - Charlotte Murphy - Vanilla Townie - Burned to Death - Night 2 - Post 654
Flameaxe - Joseph Reeves - Vanilla Townie - Poisoned to Death - Day 3 - Post 727

xvart - Ben Goodmen - Arsonist - Lynched Day 3 - Post 780

StrangerCoug - Delia Goodmen - Town Thief - Killed Night 3 - Post 782
Last edited by Porochaz on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

GAME RULES (amended from Porochaz's rules who blatantly stole and ammended them off MichaelSableHeart who may or may not have stolen them from elsewhere)

General
01. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun. Make sure you have fun, but please don't ruin the fun of others.

02. Players are required to know the rules. Whenever a rolepm contradicts the rules, the rolepm applies. Because of this, players are also required to read their rolepm.
To prove that they have read it, they will have to confirm by PM with the name of their role, you have not confirmed if this does not happen and will still be liable to being replaced if this does not happen even if you are posting in thread.

03. Any major questions to the mod should be asked through pm. Minor questions in the game thread. Please bold questions.

04. The mod is only human, and can make mistakes. If you believe you've spotted a mistake by the mod, please let him know.

05. The mod reserves the right to act in the way he deems best for the game. In exceptional circumstances, he could take actions that actually contradict these rules.

06. Only the mod and players who are alive in the game are allowed to post in the game thread. Bah Posts are allowed as long as they consist
only
of the words "Bah, Go [alignment]"

07. It is not allowed to talk about this game outside of the game thread, except with the mod. This includes talking with people who aren't in the game!

08. It is also not allowed to use coding, small or invisible text to hide information in your messages inside the thread.

09. Do not quote any private conversations with the mod inside the thread. Do not discuss formatting of such conversations either.

10. Not posting is unacceptable. Players are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you are unable to do so, please inform us through the Vacation/Limited Access thread. If you do not post for 48-72 hours without prior informing, you will receive a prod. Not posting for 24 hours after that, or being prodded too much will result in a replacement.

11. Players are not allowed to edit or delete posts they made in the game thread.

12. Any action that is illegal to do, is also illegal to fake.

The rules of Mafia
13. The game of mafia consists of days and nights. This game starts with day. During the day, the thread is open for posting, during the night the thread is closed.

14. In the game, players can die. A player has died (and should therefore stop posting) as soon as the mod has posted that that player died. Dead players can still win. Dead players can't use any abilities they have.

15. Each day, the players vote on someone to lynch. A lynched player will die. For convenience of the mod and other players, voting should be done in the format Vote: Player Name. Votes can be withdrawn by unvoting, in the format Unvote: Player Name. A vote or unvote will be counted if, after reading the post, the mod believes there was intent to vote.

16. As soon as a mayority of votes (more then half the number of votes) agrees on a person to lynch, that decision stands. Vote changes after that will no longer be counted.

17. It is also possible to decide not to lynch anyone. Votes for this decision should read Vote: No Lynch. It requires a mayority of votes for a no lynch to take place.

18. Each game day will last until the mod posts that the day has ended. This happens if the players have made a decision on a lynch, or when the deadline hits, whichever comes first. Each day, deadline hits after 3 weeks. If no decission has been made at deadline, then it takes half the amount of votes to lynch, if there is a tie above the limit then the one who reached the limit first will be lynched, if noone is at the limit, there will be no lynch.

19. Likewise each night will last until the mod posts that the night ends. A night lasts at least 48 hours. If a player has a nightchoice, their rolepm tells what happens if they do not send it in during the night.

20. The game ends as soon as anyone has fullfilled his or her win condition, or if there have been three day/night (or night/day) cycles without a death, or if everyone has died.

21. At the end of the game, all players who have fullfilled their wincondition win, and all players who haven't fullfilled their wincondition don't win.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Role PM's will be going out tonight or tomorrow morning. They will be in this setup:

An example vanilla townie PM would look like this. Please note, flavour is example only and has no bearing on the game.

Name: Doris MacAllan
Role: Vanilla Townie
Biography: You and your husband own the local hotel and are very close, business is hard but you always have a smile on your face.
Your Secret: You are planning to sell the business after a rough Christmas period which has brought you into conflict with your husband.
Role Mechanics: By day, you can vote. By night, you can sleep.
Win Condition: You win when there are no more threats to the town.
Last edited by Porochaz on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Porochaz »

That took a long time, role PM's going out now.

IMPORTANT: Please confirm by PMing me with your role. aka Rule 2.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Porochaz »

All role PMs are out. You may talk in thread. The game will start when I have 10/11 folk confirmed.

I recommend you bookmark this topic.

All players may talk in thread

Scum may talk before the day starts.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Raivann »

That's a shame what happened to Doris and Mac, they had the best damn clam chowder in town.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Hi.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

Remember I dont want you quoting your role PM back to me. Please just type your role and send that.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:11 am

Post by mallowgeno »

oh yay I get to play with stranger!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Blackberry »

I think now might be a good time to reveal to my husband that I am really a MAN O_O.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Ew, clam chowder. Hi all.
llamaeatataco
llamaeatataco
Goon
llamaeatataco
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 am

Post by llamaeatataco »

Ohai Mallow!

Raivann, my mom has always made chowder a million times better than theirs. However, theirs was alright.
The game. Guess what? You just lost it.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

With 11 people sat within the confines of the hotel to sort this whole mess out and the 12th person on there way the discussions started.

It was decided that a simple majority would be needed to rid the village of who they thought was part of the mafia. You decided that this should be done before the day was to end - The 17th of August, exactly 3 weeks from now.

And so the discussions began...

With 12 alive, 7 to lynch
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Vote: Lllamaeatataco
because I want a taco, too :(
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Fishythefish »

vote: Jack
for being last to confirm. He wanted to carry on chatting with his scumbuddies.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am

Post by xvart »

Vote: Blackberry

Lying to your husband... Lynch all Liars!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Blackberry »

Gurlllllllllllllllll, I caught my husband cheating on me once wit da help of Cheaters. He da king of all liars foo'. I'm woop his azz when I see him next.

^_^

But on the serious side. I saw this on wiki:

RQSThe Random Questioning Stage (RQS) is an alternative method to the RVS to start a game of Mafia. It can take a couple of forms, either with the instigating player posting a string of questions to each player (typically all in the first post), with each player in the game getting one question, or doing it survey-style and posing about 5 or so questions for the whole game to answer. Questions can either be centered around Mafia itself ("Do you prefer town or scum?") to something way off-topic ("Who's that in your avatar?"), depending on how the user approaches the method

This looks a lot funner than "Random Voting" (something I am not particularly a fan of because I am an unusual person). Although, I have no idea if it will give us any information. Probably just give us people's personal opinions, we'll see.

So let's start:

Anon
- If I say "I dislike random voting" how does that make you react?
Blackberry
- Damn fool, why you so damn sexy? And so weird? XD
Budja
- Are you the type of person who tends to be bias agains't people that play differently than others? Why or why not?
Fishythefish
- Do you think people who get angry easily and use cuss words/act like the other person is stupid is more likely to me mafia, or it is 100% personality?
Flameaxe
- If you were mafia, who would your partners be in this game?
Jack
- Are you the type of person who tends to be bias agains't people that play differently than others? Why or why not?
llamaeatataco
- If I say "I dislike random voting" how does that make you react?
mallowgeno
- Do you think people who get angry easily and use cuss words/act like the other person is stupid is more likely to me mafia, or it is 100% personality?
Mitsuru Kirijo
Raivann
StrangerCoug
xvart
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Blackberry: Depends on how random Prozac was during role distribution.

Vote: Strangercoug
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Probably Flameaxe and yourself. Having experienced partners is helpful as scum.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:21 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Blackberry wrote:
StrangerCoug
I want to be scum with Flameaxe and probably xvart.

And
vote: Flameaxe
for sucking.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Blackberry »

O_o @ the last three posting all having the same question. :P

For the record, although I may be experienced, I prefer to call myself MS-challenged ;). I don't play the same way people expect "experienced MS players" to play. For Example: I never use the terms FOS, WIFOM, etc. Plus I am not a fan of Random Voting. I think I basically just do not like conforming and the fact that I like to have fun and be odd (which often makes me stick out as a target for an easy lynch because I try to have fun :P).

I've noticed a lot of people (not a majority, but there's always that one or two player each game) on here get off by arguing and debating (I think a lot of people just come here to prove they are better debaters - trying to use logic to twist what has happened to their advantage). I prefer to just have fun and use my not-so-impressive skills to catch mafia (although I think I downplay my skills, there are certain things I catch that make me go "Aha! He is mafia! Lynch him!" but nobody sees my point and I'm not the best of using said twisted logic to make people see things how I see it :P). I don't know what the point of writing all that is. Just so everyone can see my point-of-view/playstyle and be prepared? Lol.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

I'm quite new to the game, so haven't really developed scumhunting techniques yet. I'm hoping this game will help me do so. I can see it when it hits me in the face, but I haven't really gotten used to detecting tells and such, so will often jump on the most logical bandwagon.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Raivann »

Fishythefish wrote:
vote: Jack
for being last to confirm. He wanted to carry on chatting with his scumbuddies.
Vote: Fishythefish
For projecting his chatting with his scumbuddies onto Jack and he is actually a piranha, coming soon in 3D.

Raivann - Are you the type of person who tends to be bias agains't people that play differently than others? Why or why not?
No, because momma didn't raise no fool.
But what exactly do you mean by "play differently" ?
There are things I consider scummy and things I consider townie, but I would rather not say what those are. Scum could just use it to play me.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by xvart »

StrangerCoug - I'm flattered! lol.

Blackberry - I think it can go either way; but I think more often than not aggressive behavior is more just simply personality. I also know that sometimes anger can be more indicative of contrasting personalities, regardless of alignment, which will never mesh.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Oh the game has started! Yay!