Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:07 am

Post by Masquerader Blue »

Hello Red and Magenta and Purple and Teal, I'm also here as well.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:06 am

Hello.

Red, Purple and Yellow are Invitees.

Magenta and Teal could be Intruders.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:14 am

In post 17, Masquerader Magenta wrote:@ blue, why? Do you just not love fall out boy?

@yellow, what's going on with the sample pm?
Hello, Magenta.

I like My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) and Immortals. I don't know any of their other songs.

I find you suspicious because you said "Yay, roleplay!" even though we aren't really roleplaying. We're using false identities, but these identities aren't known to us in any way. We have no basis of a character to imitate.

I find Teal suspicious because they would rather interact with the DJ than their fellow guests. This could be to avoid the glare of suspicion.

I also would like to know what is going on with Yellow's 'confirm the sample role PM'. On second thought, I may not want to know. It doesn't seem game-related or important. I don't find Yellow suspicious for this though.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:56 am

Evening, my fellow Masqueraders, do forgive my late arrival!

I do not necessarily endorse the opinions or reads of the previous guest with the blue mask.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:39 pm

I see Cyan has been quiet so far.

How's it going, Cyan?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:13 pm

In post 30, Masquerader Red wrote: Are there any of your previous incarnation's opinions that you do particularly endorse or disagree with?
I disagree with their reading of Magenta as suspicious simply because of one comment about roleplay. I don't find that suspicious. Although it is a little suspicious that Magenta didn't respond to Red's initial question, which would have been in keeping with their enjoyment of roleplaying. And it was a good point about Teal interacting with the backup mod.

I also like Yellow calling out Green. I don't know about Yellow's acting confused about what Intruder does though. Seems a bit like a move scum would do to give off town vibes.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:07 am

So happy to attend this party with such lovely new friends.

I will have time to catch up soon.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:59 am

read through page two

like red/purple

do not like olive/yellow
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:14 am

like Green/Teal/Magenta on page 3

kind of hate 53 because the pushback on Purple doesn't make sense here without expressing a read on yellow - it's somewhat insufferable but I guess there are players who really are like that.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:22 am

skimmed through the rest I think I like everyone except yellow - olive - cyan
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 am

In post 150, Masquerader Olive wrote:Currently liking green and cyan, very much dislike magenta. So that means, I still feel good about Red as well. Blue hasn’t done anything to concern me yet.
what do you like about Cyan?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:31 am

Accept Red
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 am

In post 204, Masquerader Red wrote:Indeed. I think their catchup posting so far is, well... fine in form, alarming in content (in particular, the three people they like on page 3 being precisely my current scumpool/sort of the consensus scumpool/the three currently-unpaired individuals, which is unnerving).
well if I'm wrong about my reads it would become obvious when the flips occur no?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:11 am

Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

the long post on mech feels trivial to say and the feeling I get from you is that you don't really want to make any waves.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:25 am

who would you like to be left out of the 3 unpaired players ?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:49 am

because it's very obvious to me who green is
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:51 am

also I kind of think red would be more fun to dance with tbh [sorry green !]
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:02 pm

In post 211, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 207, Masquerader Blue wrote:Your iso feels like buddying people and is devoid of any scum-reads/scum-hunting.

the long post on mech feels trivial to say and the feeling I get from you is that you don't really want to make any waves.
My apologies if you feel that my politeness has some underlying ulterior motive. I can assure you that is not the case. While I understand you think I am not “scum hunting,” I would have to disagree as trying to find town allows you to narrow down “scum” via the process of elimination. I was quite clear that I disagreed with Red on their town read of you, and it should be easy to infer from my questioning of Green‘s stated stance on Yellow that I did not town read them. I believe that should answer your follow up question to me as well since, as you are unfortunately paired, it would mean I would prefer for Green to remain unpaired.

If you would not mind, could you answer my question to you in full?

you ask a lot of questions but I don't ever see follow up or laying out of actual thought process

most of your posting so far is either one liner questions that don't really lead anywhere or fluff that is not related to the game.

You disagree with reads but you don't lay out your reasoning for your own reads.

the longest post you make is a long post about mech which is trivial.

the overall vibe I get is that you are not comfortable playing scum and your solving process is non existent.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:10 pm

are you going to explain any of your reads or just ask questions all game?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:16 pm

In post 43, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 41, Masquerader Yellow wrote:The usual phrasing would be "Äre you still confused

about why I do not trust olive, red?"

Not why red should not trust them.
Yeah, good point. I could see that as a possible perspective slip.

I don't like 41 or how quickly olive decided to agree with it.

I don't understand how this is a "perspective slip"

this is the full quote from purple:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 31, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
That's not true; olive has done two things (you overlooked that they revealed to us they had trouble logging into their account) and both things were written with the intent to get others to like them rather than to uncover information about the identity of the intruders or to disclose meaningful information about themselves.

Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?

it is clear that Purple is scumreading Olive atp and Red is asking Purple why are you scumreading Olive when Olive has only done one thing.

Purple is then explaining the scumread to red and the reasoning behind the scumread. the last line is asking Red if this explanation is unclear in any way and is telling Red that Red should not trust Olive[who is Purple's scumread atp]

I don't see how you can read this as a perspective slip or whatever the initial nitpick is about.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:26 pm

In post 214, Masquerader Cyan wrote:I appreciate your stance, though I disagree its foundation is accurate, and you have made it clear. Would you now mind answering my question in full?
like sure you disagree

I don't think anyone would just agree "yes I'm mafia"

but are you actually going to explain your reads that you have?

like you ask people to explain their reads and their process and claim you are solving via POE but you've not laid out any reasoning for your own reads as far as I can see.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:36 pm

In post 218, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why should Purple care if Red trusts Olive at that point? Purple had stated they were unclear on the alignment of everyone except for Blue and Olive at the time that post was made. One could posit that by saying “you” in that statement, Purple presumes Red town that needs to not trust Purple’s “scum read.”
because this is a dance game and the way you eliminate your scumreads in this phase of the game is to convince nobody to pair with them so that they get flipped.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:37 pm

In post 221, Masquerader Yellow wrote:I was preferring Green to be left out but

Blue town reads them and presumably has

meta. So I'dunno.

I mean I have weird reasons to townread all three of the unpaired players so I don't really have a preference for who gets left out atp.

I'm not like confident on those reads and I'd like the last three to just interact normally and decide who pairs with who because it'd be more useful than me telling people what to do imo.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:41 pm

In post 222, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 218, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why should Purple care if Red trusts Olive at that point? Purple had stated they were unclear on the alignment of everyone except for Blue and Olive at the time that post was made. One could posit that by saying “you” in that statement, Purple presumes Red town that needs to not trust Purple’s “scum read.”
because this is a dance game and the way you eliminate your scumreads in this phase of the game is to convince nobody to pair with them so that they get flipped.

like it literally does not matter what red's alignment or any other player's alignment is.

if purple scumreads olive

then purple is trying to eliminate olive

and the way purple eliminates olive is to convince every other player in the game to not pair with olive.

whether the other players are town or scum is irrelevant to purple's goal of eliminating olive.

saying that purple needs to townread red before convincing red to not pair with olive is just wrong and shows you haven't really thought about how to eliminate players.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:42 pm

In post 202, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 147, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Unfortunate. I had hoped there was something more.

Why did you ignore Olive's participation in that exchange?
In post 148, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 142, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I don't have veru strong reads at all and have very clearly not understood the automaton thing - can someone explain like I'm five?
  1. Intruders, per the sample role PM, have an ability called "Automaton."
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Automaton

2. This ability states that if they can correctly identitfy the true identity behind
    both
    of the masqueraders in a pair, the automaton ability will remove their masks.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.

3. If a masquerader loses their mask, they must leave the masquerade.
    Spoiler:
    In post 2, RH wrote:Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.

4. This effectively allows Intruders to eliminate Invitees outside of the standard method during Sessions should they be able to correctly identify both of the players behind the masque in a pair.
In post 169, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 164, Masquerader Green wrote:
In post 147, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Unfortunate. I had hoped there was something more.

Why did you ignore Olive's participation in that exchange?
I don't really have a cut-and-dry feel for Olive's actions so I haven't really spoken on them yet
Alright. Would you speak of their actions now, specifically with regard to that exchange?
Blue, I liked their questions and takes so far on the game. What is your issue with Cyan?
which of these posts do you think is town indicative and why?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:55 pm

Teal I think you're better off reading Green/Magenta's isos and deciding which one is more townie rather than offering to both.

if there is one mafia among the two of them, you are kind of giving that person a ticket out of this place for free.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:18 pm

In post 236, Masquerader Olive wrote:Do either of you realize I’m already paired with purple? Cyan and yellow are also paired as is now red and blue?
we are talking about that point in time which is on page two.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:19 pm

In post 238, Masquerader Olive wrote:I liked that Cyan was asking Green about their not commenting on my participation and I also liked his explaining why they didn’t think purple slipped. My strongest invitee reads right now are red and purple, which I’ve been pretty consistent on recently. I also don’t understand what your issue is with Cyan?

I don't understand how either of these points towards town ?

I have made it pretty clear what my issue with Cyan is.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:23 pm

In post 235, Masquerader Red wrote:Yes, I just wonder how you feel about going so against the grain; your reads list is so starkly against consensus that it feels contrarian, and it makes me curious whether that contrariness is coincidental or intentional (presumably as scum). The read on Green being (presumably, as Yellow implied, though you haven't stated it outright) at least partially meta based is interesting. And I do like the line of posting toward Cyan, there are some good points (the long formal mech post does feel like a scum cliché).

I was not aware of any consensus before I posted my thoughts on player alignments.

Even now that I am fully caught up I don't really think the consensus is very strong in terms of reasoning.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 am

In post 244, Masquerader Green wrote:it's plain as day no one actually likes hearing what I have to say

Sorry for not accepting you green - the overriding factor for me was that it was very clear for me who you were and I'm really not very good at hiding who I am so if I paired with you - we would've been a very easy kill for the scum to make.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:11 am

VOTE: Cyan/Yellow
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:45 am

my read of the gamestate on replace in is that I think both scum were already paired by the time I replaced in because it didn't feel like there was a lot of interest in deciding who the elimination was or who got paired among the final five - it felt like the game was somewhat stagnant by that point and people were just ok with sleepwalking through this part of the game despite it being really the most exciting part.

I think the over-eagerness to defend themselves rather than focus on who should be eliminated feels like a scum reaction from Cyan.

When I asked Olive multiple times who Olive wanted to be eliminated from the final three, Olive didn't really have a response or an opinion and I find that very troubling.

I didn't like how teal played the EOD at first because it felt like teal didn't really care much who he took along with him and didn't really express a lot of reads but I've had some time to think it over and I feel like it leans towards a town mindset;

I think it feels somewhat unlikely for scum!teal to decide to offer to town!green and scum!magenta at the same time? Like if Green accepts there it's not like Teal would get very much cred off the bus and he's putting his teammate at risk for really not very much gain?

I don't think either of Teal or Magenta really tried very hard to get paired at any point throughout the game and I don't really understand their team strategy if they are a scum team together.

If you take a look at the offer from a strategic standpoint; Teal offering to Green/Magenta subordinates him to both Green/Magenta - what I mean by this is that Green/Magenta can both decide to pair with each other rather than Teal by force almost.

For example if Green wants to pair with Magenta, Green could simply post "Hi I want to pair with Magenta, I had the opportunity to accept Green but I'm not going to take it" at this point Magenta would owe their life to Green and be somewhat obligated to take it? Similarly this would work in reverse.

In a game like this I feel like it is giving up a lot of power to offer both players.

I know it could be true that Teal is just mafia who didn't think very deeply and is just playing haphazardly but my gut tells me this is not the case.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:21 pm

If Teal+Magenta are not scum/scum then your scum pool is wrong and there is at least one scum in Olive-Yellow-Cyan-Purple.

If there is exactly one scum in Teal + Magenta, which player in Olive/Yellow/Cyan/Purple feels aligned with that scum? I have a hard time seeing a 1-1 relationship between the four and one of teal/magenta .
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:19 pm

Olive who do you think is mafia at this point?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:48 am

sigh
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #293 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:52 am

In post 252, Datisi wrote:Session I concludes in 2 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes.

how do deadlines work?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:53 am

In post 292, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why the sigh? What has you frustrated?

my partner being replaced and nobody really seeming to want to play
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 pm

In post 298, RH wrote:
In post 293, Masquerader Blue wrote:

how do deadlines work?
Assuming that it's directed at me and Datisi, I originally intended that if no players reach majority, it will be counted as a No-Lim.

However, upon realising that a majority in ELO is almost identical to Exiting the Session by a player's own accord, I'll allow plurality by seniority for ELO if ties occur.

Otherwise, there's no Plurality.

so what happens if we don't get 5 votes on a pair by the deadline?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:32 pm

In post 303, RH wrote:
In post 302, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 298, RH wrote:

how do deadlines work?
Assuming that it's directed at me and Datisi, I originally intended that if no players reach majority, it will be counted as a No-Lim.

However, upon realising that a majority in ELO is almost identical to Exiting the Session by a player's own accord, I'll allow plurality by seniority for ELO if ties occur.

I'll count it as a No-Lim. So nobody exits.

so what happens then? do we get a new session or do the mafia get to kill?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:36 pm

In post 314, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Funny because this summary is how I feel about Blue so far.

There’s a lot of declarative statements and a few open ended questions but not seeing a push anywhere. Does this improve?
push where?

the only three people viable to be eliminated at that point are people I town-read
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:37 pm

In post 339, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 338, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 303, RH wrote:
In post 298, RH wrote:

how do deadlines work?

Why so negative? Why not help us get an elim?
I want to know what happens if we are unable to reach consensus

if we get a time extension then I am less likely to compromise

if we don't I'll vote wherever I need to.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:52 pm

In post 344, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 340, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 314, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Funny because this summary is how I feel about Blue so far.

There’s a lot of declarative statements and a few open ended questions but not seeing a push anywhere. Does this improve?
push where?

the only three people viable to be eliminated at that point are people I town-read
It would help if you explained your invitee read on teal and addressed new cyan's entrance.
i liked their entry post about dancing with datisi - i read it was an attempt to disguise their identity by pretending to be someone else

i liked - it just rang honest with me - I know self meta is dumb but I don't think it's that hard to make up reads atp and the way they are so nonchalant about things feels like casual townspew and not really performative.

I thought the way they came into thread with no idea whats going on and offering to dance with everyone felt like town panick and strategicly it feels very suboptimal for scum to play that way.

I don't like what they've done since because it feels like they dropped off the face of the earth but so has everyone else.

Cyan's entrance is townie on nature but I happen to know exactly who new Cyan is and this is very much inside his scum-range.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:52 pm

I still think Cyan/Yellow has the highest scum equity of all the pairings and would like to eliminate there.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:58 pm

no I've already explained why I found your predecessor to be scummy

yellow ghosting the thread and not doing anything just increases the scum equity in the pair.

also I've been sitting here with my vote on your pair and noone has joined me so it just makes me feel like your pair is even more likely to have scum in it.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:02 pm

ok I think probably in the purple/olive pair if yellow is scum
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:05 pm

mostly just game state read and fairly shitty reasons to townread magenta/teal

like if there's scum in magenta/teal I don't understand what the scum strategy is this game
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:05 pm

In post 352, RH wrote:
In post 338, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 303, RH wrote:
In post 298, RH wrote:

how do deadlines work?

The Intruders are supposed to be using their Automaton during a Session so there'll be a new Session.

so if we no lim, the scum get a session to use their automata and then we get a new session?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:44 pm

In post 358, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 346, Masquerader Blue wrote:i liked their entry post about dancing with datisi - i read it was an attempt to disguise their identity by pretending to be someone else
Is it wise to consider that the exact nature of the automaton mechanic hadn't been revealed yet to the invitees?

I was not aware of this
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:45 pm

it seems a like a pretty big oversight if the invitees didn't know what the mechanics behind the automata are at the beginning of the game
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 am

yes I guess it makes that reason to town-read him invalid and moves him closer to neutral for me

his continued absence also is kind of a thing >.>
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:42 pm

malding
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:11 am

In post 382, Masquerader Red wrote:I think we need to identify T v T hood. Everyone else should leave. Towards that end, might be best if Magenta. I am worried about that given the last flip.
the issue with this strategy is that if there is an s/s hood we just lose
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:13 am

leaving is terrible for a lot of reasons

please do not leave the dance. make people actually vote.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:28 am

im around here right now

magenta
red
olive
purple
teal
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #54) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:33 am

the way magenta is shading teal doesnt really feel theatrey

it is paving the way for an elimination in that pair and i dun see why he would do that unless galaxybraining?

- so if magenta/teal isnt s/s ; then there should be at least one scum in purple/olive/red.

i can see eliminating to flip teal but im worried that if teal is town then we just lose on the spot

i havent ruled out olive/purple being s/s
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (isolation #55) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 am

i have already posted where i am at on each slot in 386

387 is just about minimizing our odds of losing with the next flip

what do you disagree with?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:40 am

purple do you have thoughts or reads about what to do atp?
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:18 am

I am willing to leave if the two of you convince me you are both town after we vote out the other pair
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:25 am

VOTE: teal/magenta

i am voting this basically because the level of ate coming from purple/olive is disgusting if s/s
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:29 am

In post 406, Masquerader Olive wrote:I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
how often are you wrong when you are at this level of confidence?

dont tell me because i dont want you to tell everyone who you are

i am pretty sure i already know

be honest with yourself about how accurate you actually are

think to every time you had a strong read and are wrong

i am willing to leave if you are sure and say nothing of it
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #410 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:31 am

like its so disrespectful to everyone else playing to be like oh just trust me only my opinion matters but if thats how you two want to approach this game i am willing to accomodate it because I frankly do not care enough about arguing over this.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:16 am

In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.

purple is full of shit but im ok with letting him win if olive wants to take responsbility for once in their life
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:08 am

In post 406, Masquerader Olive wrote:I realize that I’m probably being unfair because none of you have access to our pt and perhaps if I didn’t, I maybe wouldn’t know what to think of purple but I do and no way does intruder purple make the posts in our pt that they are. I am not being pocketed in there and if cyan and yellow were still in the game, I wouldn’t care but I know I’m not wrong here but you need to pay attention the most to what’s happening in your pts because intruders cannot fake the degree of genuine solving that both me and purple are doing in ours. So, I will just straight out let the cat out if the bag. I know who purple is and that is my strongest reason for invitee reading them and unfortunately that’s all I can post about that in the main thread. If you either wrongly think I’m intruder or I don’t know what I’m talking about then I don’t know what to tell you but purple doesn’t make the kinds of posts in our pt as intruder. They just don’t. I’m kicking myself also but it was me who stupidly got cyan and yellow wrong, not purple.
I am refering to your tendency to not listen to other people and only care about your own reads.

I do not care about your accuracy.

It is unfun to play with regardless of whether you are right or wrong.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:10 am

I am literally voting to get you what you want.

I don't know if your solution is right. I hope for your sake it is.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #454 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:11 am

I do not care about being right or winning this game. I know who each of you are and what each of you is willing to accept and do. I am accepting your solution because I do not have the energy to argue with you.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:28 am

my current plan is to vote out teal/magenta and then leave the dance to give you two the solution you think is correct

but sure keep saying I am lying scum. that totally makes so much sense
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:07 pm

In post 458, Masquerader Blue wrote:my current plan is to vote out teal/magenta and then leave the dance to give you two the solution you think is correct

but sure keep saying I am lying scum. that totally makes so much sense
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:30 pm

I am going to leave after we vote out Teal/Magenta

We do not have to talk about anything else
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:06 pm

In post 2, RH wrote:Automaton - You own an automaton, which you may use at any time during a Session to help you wrangle masks off. Unfortunately for you, the automaton doesn't have a return function so you may only use it once. Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.

this can happen at any time so we might as well get it over with

if purple is town then the identity can be guessed

if purple is intruder then they have already won.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:47 pm

I am trusting your read of purple being town is right
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #479 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:49 pm

If purple is mafia and you are town, as long as you believe purple is definitely town then we can't eliminate purple and thus we lose if purple is mafia.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (isolation #71) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:28 am

red asked me in the pt who purple was so i no longer trust red to endgame

i am reiterating that I want to leave after voting out teal/magenta
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 pm

I trusted you until you asked me
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (isolation #73) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:25 am

I have no incentive to convince anyone I'm town since I plan to leave as soon as teal/magenta are voted out
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (isolation #74) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:34 am

In post 493, Masquerader Red wrote:Can you give me something on Blue besides they want to leave?
also like why are you even trying to solve my slot?

if I'm mafia, I'm not going to leave the game.

so if i don't leave the game, you will know I am mafia

if I do leave the game as I have repeatedly said I will do. the mod will write what my alignment is after I leave the game.
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:50 am

In post 503, Masquerader Olive wrote:You’re keep SAYING that. How do we know, you’re not just biding time until you can figure out who purple is?

because I will literally leave as soon as we vote out teal/magenta
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #506 (isolation #76) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:51 am

In post 502, Masquerader Olive wrote:Blue, I want your reads on teal and magenta. I know you’re currently voting them but you have not given any reads, just saying you’re voting them because I want that, which I do because I don’t think teal is invitee.
In post 386, Masquerader Blue wrote:im around here right now

magenta
red
olive
purple
teal
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:46 pm

VOTE: teal
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:46 pm

In post 507, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 505, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 503, Masquerader Olive wrote:You’re keep SAYING that. How do we know, you’re not just biding time until you can figure out who purple is?

because I will literally leave as soon as we vote out teal/magenta
In post 506, Masquerader Blue wrote:
In post 502, Masquerader Olive wrote:Blue, I want your reads on teal and magenta. I know you’re currently voting them but you have not given any reads, just saying you’re voting them because I want that, which I do because I don’t think teal is invitee.
In post 386, Masquerader Blue wrote:im around here right now

magenta
red
olive
purple
teal
If your invitee read on red is stronger than it is on me, then why would you?

i am answering your question about teal/magenta
Masquerader Blue
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Masquerader Blue
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:37 pm

I'm not tilted

I am perfectly rational
Masquerader Blue