Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #125 (isolation #0) » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 44, DkKoba wrote:yeah goes to show that randing town is much more beneficial for your team and you get harmed if you rand scum.

teams that had a better chance randed scum less.
Honestly? Backwards. If you townsweep you have a larger pool of tiebreaker teams you have to beat on the impression of your play. Also, scum wins are much more influenced by you than town wins as you are a larger portion of the scum team than you would be of the town team.

I agree the event is fairly town sided though and I think the goal WAS scumsided setups.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #127 (isolation #1) » Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Jingle »

Agreed. This year's setups didn't live up to the setups of last year where iirc the games were pretty much all close at least.

I particularly disliked the Large theme and the Mini theme from a design perspective, but that's just going to happen some percentage of the time with closed setups.

There was some discussion of incorporating an LSG-as-tiebreaker in our PT in an effort to make losing a single game not an immediate event loss and to encourage not being a dick in games, but honestly that choice is up to whoever is chosen to run the next team mafia (if there is one).
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”