PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:35 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 80, entreri wrote:What is sitechat?
baby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #354 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Jury, this is a live game--the rules are fast and loose as it is. Regardless, thanks so much for playing.

I haven't played one of these in a LONG time, about six years, if my recollection is correct. Since then, I've been on the other side of it a number of times, creating games, hosting them, hoping someone would eventually host one of their own. Tonight, through a series of circumstances I didn't expect, I got to play this game, and no matter what the outcome of this vote is, I'm so thankful to everyone involved. Coming in with the mindset that this might be the last/only game I play for, say, ANOTHER six years, I came into it hard, and I was going to do my utmost to make it to the end.

There are some of you who I betrayed in my efforts to get to this point and I apologize to those of you I hurt. Specifically, Menalque and Chemist, yours were probably the hardest votes, and I appreciate both of your earnestness and straightforwardness this game. And Menalque, legitimately, if you don't play a "real" LSG, I will be quite cross with you. :D

As far as my gameplan goes, I think you've probably guessed it from the jury bench. I was working with Entreri hand-in-hand from round 1. Round 1 is also when I found an idol, which would be a turning point for me. It meant I could play a little more recklessly, which I did with the Chemist vote, because I knew I was still going to be safe. It also meant that Entreri and I could jointly control every vote's outcome.

A combination of factors got me here, not least of which was my buddy Entreri. But through it all, I didn't want to leave this game with regrets. Again, no matter what happens, I'm proud of the game I played, and I am so so so excited that I made it to the end, and frankly, excited I did it with Entreri by my side.

You have a tough decision in front of you, jurors. I look forward to your questions.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #366 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Ircher, basically, you were the major vote, and it wouldn't suit me to try to do something like vote out IPS there. You were an immunity beast, dude! I am sorry for not being able to give you more of a heads-up though.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #375 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 365, Menalque wrote:
to all: how were the strategic moves you made what got you here as opposed to the strategic moves made by others?
I kept my idol to myself until I was going to try to use it to mask Entreri and my flipping back and forth by idoling the Discord alliance's target at the Final Eight. Unfortunately, Pine didn't let us transfer idols to folks, so it wasn't going to be a good call. But the decision on what to do with the idol (when the rules were unclear) was something I debated a lot over. The early votes were a lot of different clusters, and Entreri and I separately took pains to stay connected to different people as we watched which groups would form. But your point is valid--Entreri and I were certainly working strategically together. It would be tough to fully extricate our games from each other.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #381 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 374, Ircher wrote:
@All: What was the biggest mistake you made this game and how/why?
I could have stayed in the shadows on the Chemist vote, I guess? It would have resulted in only one of me and Entreri making it here, at the very least. But my goal was for us to get here, so I don't count that a mistake. I wish I would have given you more of a heads-up on his vote, which I could have done, since I had the idol.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #383 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 377, Menalque wrote:
In post 362, Menalque wrote:
monty: why me and not fluminator? did you and flum coordinate that?
I want an answer on this monty
Sorry about that! :D Basically, you were a bigger threat--we wouldn't have been able to get people to go after you in a future round, where we could get folks to realize that Flum was a threat. Honestly, if I didn't take you out there, you'd be sitting here answering questions imo.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #385 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 370, Menalque wrote:
entreri and monty: how would you say the division of labour worked out in your F2? why?
Oh, man, it's really tough to say. We both found an idol, both won an immunity--I think Entreri was better at doing things behind the scenes, where I could be more out in front, drawing votes/attention, knowing that we had the resources to take out votes in our way.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #391 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 386, Chemist1422 wrote:okay I didn't pay attention after I died

why did you play the way you did, and what benefits did it bring you
I played the way I did because I didn't want to leave anything on the table. I played out in front, played an idol on myself against a unanimous vote, had an idol played on me in a crucial moment, and went with my F2 partner from the first few minutes of this game to the end. I can't ask for anything more--except maybe your vote.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #398 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by PrivateI »

No matter what happens, once again, folks, I've had a blast this game. Thanks for everything, especially to Pine and Xof for getting it together last minute, and Entreri and IPS, y'all are pretty dope too.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #420 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Thanks, y'all. All of the credit and shoutouts should go to Entreri, who really did play a masterful game. No matter what the outcome was there, I'm excited we made it together. And IPS--DANG dude, you set yourself up super well in this game, and that was a superb showing.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #428 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 425, Pine wrote:If you have thoughts on how to improve or streamline the ruleset, feel free to let me know. This was
intended
to be a faster, more casual game to fit 2-3 hours, and instead it took 4.5 hours, not even counting 30 minutes recruitment.
now you know my struggle hahaha

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”