OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3, the worst wrote:This is one of the most interesting town performances I've seen in a long time.

nsg rolled a (to put it simply) conditional triple dayvig which would trigger on the event scum got too many town kills, and tapped into certain powers too much. she was pretty widely townread day one, but when the gamestate tended towards scum overpowering the town, (and obviously having picked 3/4 of the scumteam), nsg allowed herself to slip under the radar a bit while still pushing the game in a positive direction.

One member of the scumteam had correctly identified her as a massive threat and lobbied to n1 her, but we were all so distracted by noisier townies that she was never a serious contender for the scum nightkill. This isn't a failing on her part. It was incredibly deliberate.

When the time came that her ability triggered, despite apparently having nailed 3 of the scumteam, she elected to shoot two scum and our most primed mislynch, and then out herself (having become effectively vanilla) and push to lynch the third scum, eating a nightkill in the process.

The gamestate was wrecked enough that it took a while for the town to listen. But they did, eventually. Both remaining scum had huge ability to endgame, and nsg's actions completely crippled the team's integrity.

This is a very rare situation of
- role pm effecting dayplay
- gamestate read effecting dayplay
- dayplay effecting mechanical play
- use of mech effecting ongoing dayplay
- across all of these, perfectly managing threat level

Congratulations, nsg. This is incredibly well deserved. By a huge margin one of the best plays from a single slot in my time onsite.

pedit: basically what schadd_ said.
Good post i like reading these type of posts we need more of these type of posts

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”