Post by skitter30 »

In post 504, Alisae wrote:
nth

ig
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 588, Menalque wrote:is anyone already planning on nomming FL for don corleone?
I'd nth this
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #693 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 692, the worst wrote:
nth rc paragon

quality write-up; good way to word that feeling
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #734 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

don corleone
12/23/2019 skitter30 flavor leaf krazy's anime upick,
pokemon fusion upick,
large normal 223
play a game with flavor leaf, and he'll tell you that he's one of the best scum players on site, and that you wouldn't ever be scumreading him if he were actually scum.
his record this year demonstrates that this is actually pretty true.

flavor leaf utilizes several scum-skills to great effect, which has enabled him to win a ridiculous number of scumgames this year. for example, he's capable of changing his meta on a dime, and manipulating it to the point that he can always find something from a previous game that demonstrates why he ought to be townread; for most players, it's incredibly hard to tell if he's portraying his meta accurately. he's the ultimate bs'er, and repeatedly manages to talk his way out of lynches and pushes for far longer than he should. he pulls insane gambits that shouldn't work but somehow do. he understands gamestates and playerlists and is able to utilize both of these things to his advantage; he knows who he needs to nk when, and pushes where he needs to in order to get key mislynches. he is capable of dominating in all sorts of setups, from mini normals to large themes to micros-with-funky-mechanics.

some key scumgames:

- krazy's anime upick
this game features one of his signature gambits, with flavor leaf claiming a rolecop guilty on his traitor partner. town!mastina thought he was town faking a guilty on scum, and pushed that heavily. when flavor's partner flipped traitor, mastina lost pretty much all of her influence and became an easy mislynch. by day7, both of flavor's partners had been guiltied in different ways, but he managed to convince town to lynch other players, allowing scum to win the game with all 3 original scum still alive.

- pokemon fusion upick
in this game, he bussed the avengers mega-hydra early, and used that as a launchpad to dominate the game going forward. he was able to talk his way out of getting scum-read by nearly every player, to the point that he eventually became lock-town. he even majorly scum-slipped at one point, and managed to talk himself out of it without anyone really noticing.
his play was so impressive that one of his fellow-players said about him that game: so this is what it's like to be BOON'd. i'm not even that mad

- large normal 223
another game where flavor gambited, here by claiming doctor. he managed to prevent both his teammates from getting lynched on two different days, and was considered lock-town from day2 until the game ended.

additionally, he is a great mentor to newer scum players. i remember way back when in one of my first scumgames on site, he coached me and did his best to help me avoid that inevitable mislynch. that mentorship has continued. for example, this year, he helped vorkuta and aaronfrost get their first scum wins, respectively. he does his best to avoid bussing if possible, and his long-term gameplans are designed to play to his teammates' strengths and to buoy their weaknesses. he is a great-team player, and is always proud to see one of his boon babes (tm) grow and develop as a player.

to summarize, flavor leaf has put together a hell of a scum-run over the course of this year, and serves as a model of examplary scum play on site. i think he is a forerunner for this year's don corleone.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #793 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 760, RadiantCowbells wrote:
Rising Star
12/31/2019 RadiantCowbells Datisi Autumnal Mafia
TL's Micro Normal
Newbie 1924
I offer this nomination in the same spirit of The Worst's win last year. She is not the best town player, but she wins a solid number of her town games. She is not the best scum player either, but she wins a decent number of her scum games as well. I think that she is a rising star candidate based on the fact that she has very quickly gone from "wait, who?" to someone whose name even people who don't play mafia anymore and don't know any new players who aren't a duckling will know. She plays mish mash games, she is very social in postgames, she has a high level of general exposure in the community and that to me makes her a strong candidate for Rising Star. She's still a good player, just that that isn't primarily what this nomination is based off of to me.
nth
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #794 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 791, Alisae wrote:someone give me 2 random anka games that were town games and were wins
if someone does this soonish i think i can write it up ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #796 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

also maybe a brief explanation for why those games are awesome? i don't have any super great games to use for her i think rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #798 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

why don't you do that so that it's just like ~in~
and if i get enough info to write up a proper write-up before the deadline i'll do it too
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #810 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 797, Alisae wrote:oh skitter do you want to nom it?
I was going to do a write up of something along the lines of "she is good player. vry good. 5/5 stars. most influencial town player 2019"
Ali did you do this? I dont think i'm going to be able to write it up tonight, in the end
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #837 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

nth all of the mbos and starcraft things ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”