fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #276 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

The team award nom for Perpetual Mylo a few years ago was a mod nom by Wickedestjr. I remember that one because I was in the game. I think mod-noms happen fairly often. Hito nommed HunterXHunterX, which he modded in the same year iirc.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #457 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 448, Ellibereth wrote:I nominated
Chara
for
Rising Star
. Nomination text copied in full below.

----------------------------------------

Note: Chara used to play under the account Not Chara and uses the latter account in some of the cited games.

I am nominating Chara because of their townplay. I have little experience with their scumplay. However, I feel like the following positive sides of their townplay are 1) the most important elements of good townplay and 2) increasingly rare among players on site.

Chara is obvtown in the vast majority of their town games and is almost never a distraction to the town solving-process. They are, consequently, never mislynched. They are often an integral part of the town-solving block. Their reads are sufficiently good to win the game and they are occasionally the one pushing correct lynches. Even when they are wrong, they don't cause the town to implode on itself.

Citations:

Inception Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=71602. They were obvtown. They were an integral part of the town block, keeping town together and organizing complex mechanics. Please note that this game was played across multiple threads. You can find them by looking through the topics of the mod.

DBZ Mafia: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=71107. They were also obvtown. Their reads were average, but they were good enough that when working with the rest of the town, they got the win.

Beneath the Mask: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73578. They were one of the few obvtowns through positive play in a very chaotic and unstable town. They were not a distraction at all unlike the vast majority of the game. Their read accuracy didn't matter because they sheeped their way to a crushing town victory.

Perpetual Mylo: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73659. They were obvtown in another rather toxic environment. Reads were sufficiently good to win a close game in the end.
I haven't read the other two games, but I was impressed by Chara's play in Perpetual MYLO III. They were unassailably obvtown by Day 3, and on the final game day, the last scum player initiated a 1v1 with them and lost it.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”