hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #393 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

Post by hiplop »

nominate antihero for Funniest/Most Enjoyable player

guy routinely makes me die of laughter, is super nice/patient, almost always makes games fun to play in (whether hes modding or playing)

overall awesome dude

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7256164

^ evidence
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #409 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:37 am

Post by hiplop »

speaking of ff7,
nominate Borky's FF7 Mafia for Game Of The Year

It was a multiball game that actually felt fair, had a ton of insanely awesome moments, absolutely spectacular playerlist that never fought or anything, amazing play from all sides , and a super sweet setup. There was an awesome modification on the sensor role, and borky ROCKED the modding. Immediately after lynches there was a flip, etc. The scumteam had a awesome QT ( ;) ), and its just an overall memorable rendition of a multiball game.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #447 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 445, Shady wrote:
nominate Joey Tribbiani/notscience for Kodak Moment in Secret Alt Mafia 2

he replaces in, having typed up a long catch-up post in the scum QT overnight, and posts it, immediately outing himself as scum because the hyperlinks all link back to the quicktopic instead of the game topic

2nd
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #496 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by hiplop »

why dont you nom it then
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #513 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 am

Post by hiplop »

I think awards like Kodak moment are fine for self nom

Self Noms for like paragon is a bit different IMO
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #529 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 527, Drixx wrote:
In post 526, VysePresident wrote:For what it's worth Drixx, if there was a scummie for individual gameplay, I'd have nominated you after SMITE. I wasn't particularly comfortable nominating the rest of your team for obvious reasons, and wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate for the body of work award. In the end, I decided it probably wasn't even my place to do so, and decided to just watch you in future games we might be in together.

Beyond that, my thought on self-nominations is that the place they're in is about the best it can be. There may occasionally be valid reasons for a self-nom, but they'd better be good if I'm not just going to roll my eyes at someone's ego.

I wouldn't nominate me for Master Manipulator I don't think. I've got 4 scum games:

1.) First game on site, replaced into a newbie scum slot, did well and won.
2.) SMITE ... enough said.
3.) Replaced into a scum slot, was actively scumhunting (known SK in setup). SK shot me in the face night one.
4.) Assigned to a scum team in a multi-ball game. Other team shot me in the face night 2 I think. I was investigating them so it was fortuitous on their part.

Hard to point to a newbie game and SMITE and call that a really strong body of work. I'm not sure what it would take for a body of work for scum in a year, given how infrequently I get assigned a scum role. Like ... if someone has two really great scum performances in a year, is that enough? Should it be more? What's a good standard? (I have someone I want to nominate for their scum/SK play, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant it and don't want to waste people's time).

when you think about it, it is possible to have played like 20 games and only rolled scum in 2. If you do a really good job in a few games, I think its worthy of consideration. Mafia isn't a guaranteed spot so like can't fault someone for not rolling it enough?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #533 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by hiplop »

^ see no issue with that at all. I have never nom'd a game that I wasn't in at all. Expecting the community to do that is a bit weird

IP, not many people get crazy kodak level moment that often, I don't think. Eh, whatever none of this matters lol
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #559 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:02 am

Post by hiplop »

Best performance third party indicates a win though I think is what she's saying
Also known as the “Hannibal Lecter” Award. Awarded to the player or players that performed the most impressively in winning their game as a third party.

Not sure how I feel about it because I think this game is so crazy and based on so many subjective things that not winning is a pretty big blunder, I think? I mean like an SK is already inherently hard to find because they are also hunting scum and SHOULD look town, which helps them win more often

and I feel like basically every loss can be pinned on one moment/mistake, so there would be like 728399 games nom'd. I do think there are some people who get screwed (replacements? Modkills? Someone breaking a huge rule, axxidently linking to scum PT) but those seem few and far between and likely would be overcrowded by "if mastin wasn't in this game I could have won!"
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #614 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:10 am

Post by hiplop »

2nd varsy

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”