Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Max »

after whoring it up a bit but apparently not enough to turn off the judges. I suppose the player list we got our flawless win against mattered.
This is what people have to do to win scummies. Whore up big time.

An SK victory won't win a scummie anymore, as the trend of "exciting" third-party roles continues to develop.

Most interesting mechanic/mutation, from last years' thread the options are:
"Vi's Battery Powered Deadline" - Arbitrary deadline creation. Mod directly affecting the play of a game on a whim (which is normally frowned upon)
"Tarhildurs Legacy of Ancients" - Not a mechanic, a game...
"Yos' Lynch all Lurkers" - Is a mechanic with evident rules i.e. not arbitrary
"K-Scopes Realistic Mafia" - Is a mechanic, mod-abandoned.

It's worrying when an award has 3 what I would deem appropriate nominations. One of which was mod abandoned so should be discounted, the other having no fixed ruling, which defeats the point of moderating. Moderators are meant to facilitate the game not randomly change the appearance of how long to deadline.

Then there's the smoothest operator award with only one nominee. The name should be in orange award, 2 are list-mods, one is a former list-mod, I don't deserve it (at all) and jeep's name
is
in orange.

So I'm thinking if people "whored" up their own successes they'd be more likely to win an award. But I don't think it should be necessary for players to have to do that to win, I think most awards are won by:
"Well in xxx game I did this and I won that"
"Really??" --> Few minutes later "Nom YYY for ZZZ in game XXX"
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Max »

There is a formula. I don't talk about it because
*doing so would open it up to "gaming the system"
*only I can understand it anyway (ask Incognito)
Can you PM me it, I'd be interested. I'm never going to play a game of yours (for the same reason I won't join a tar or xyl game... which I can go into details if you so wish)
And I'm always interested in knowing any system that has been created that is apparently so complex only one person can comprehend it.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Max »

@Max: You're not very good at buttering people up, considering you just got done putting down my modding in general and in the area you're now interested in.
Also, my games are nowhere near as complex as Tar/Xyl's. I've tried making setups like theirs; they were terrible.
I wasn't using that as a "Buttering up", I was using it a reason why I wouldn't be "gaming the system", somebody not understanding it means that even if I didn't it wouldn't particularly matter.

And to be fair it is with basis I believe it's arbitrary direct quote from the rules of Borders of Tahou:
The length of the Day will decrease based on the mod's pleasure with game activity.
If you have rules for whether you are pleased or not, it isn't really based on your pleasure it's based on criteria. Pleasure denotes a feeling.

On a side note, it's partially to do with the complexity but also to do with a few other things. At the moment I'm not playing themes anyway.

To an extent good town performances are often under-rated. Yosarian2 in American Election played very well. He intended to be killed night 1. He succeeded (I believe). Town performances that are too good are night-killed. (Which has been fixed by pro-town team). In many ways, the way of knowing if you are a good town player is if you get night-killed, and not because of crap mafia or being confirmed innocent.

The best manipulator is never found to be manipulative.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Max »

hmmm... I see the best solution to self noms is to perma-ban anyone who does so. Also, I wouldn't have thought nominating people for newbie games is appropriate, unless it's the best newbie award of course. As I see them as separate from the rest of the site and more of a training field. Like awarding someone a medal in the army because of a training exercise?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Max »

xRECKONERx wrote:Max you're being ridiculous.
I'm just stating that newbie games aren't meant to be played to win, they're to give newbies a feel for the site and the game. Of course a win is good, but say if an IC did the same in the game, would they be nominated? Probably not, and they probably shouldn't be. However best newbie is more suited, though not yet as it's for more than one game.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Max »

Yeah, I was joking.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Max »

Best role claim maybe, funniest?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Max »

Placeholder for PF nomination in Geezer Mafia Sign-Ups Conversation
with himself
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Max »

Is that really what people have to do to get professor mafia write essays?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 am

Post by Max »

Do you really think writing out a whole bunch of standardised role pms, for example, is more worthy?
No, not at all, writing PMs should be something all moderators can do. So it doesn't deserve the award.

I think that writing essays being awarded means that players who often make great points in lots of threads are overlooked. As it's a body of work award I would say that you need to do a lot more than write essays.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Max »

Can most improved player be backdated more than a year so say I felt that flay had improved since 2006 could I nominate him now?

That's a really bad example (flays always been good) but you get my drift. And if so should I link to an old game and a new one?

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”