Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #105 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Since it just finished, I have some nominations to hand out for play in Mind Screw Mafia 3

Nominate the Mafia of Mind Screw Mafia 3 (consisting of Xylthixlm, DrippingGoofball, Seraphim, Caboose/Vir4030/Stef, and Machiavellian-Mafia) for Best Performance by a Team for their play in Mind Screw Mafia 3
Nominate Xylthixlm for Best Performance by an Individual (Scum) for his play in Mind Screw Mafia 3
Nominate Xylthixlm for Most Cunning Manipulation for his play in Mind Screw Mafia 3

They were the best scum team I've EVER seen, as player or moderator. Xyl was effectively the scum coordinator and his performance was outstanding even by the standards of that Mafia, hence the individual nominations.

Note that Stef and Vir4030, despite their replacement, retained their win condition (due to the nature of the effect that forced their replacement) and therefore have been retroactively included in this nomination).
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #191 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Xylthixlm wrote:Slicey: Self-noms are frowned upon.

Nominate Xylthixlm for Funniest Role Claim for "daycop-vigilante-recruiting mason-double voter" in Medieval Mafia
(link)

:P
Meh, I dunno.

Speaking of that,
Nominate OhGodMyLife for Most Enjoyable Game (Large Theme) for Medieval Mafia

Nominate OhGodMyLife for Best Role (New or Adaptation) for Charlemagne, Town Vehmgericht Master in Medieval Mafia

<- (Is still hoping for some nominations for his play in Medieval Mafia... and for Best Setup and/or Best Role for Suzumiya Haruhi)
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #529 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nominate Xylthixlm for Best Performance (Third Party) for Legacy of the Ancients Mafia
- despite getting investigated Day 1 as serial killer, he nearly managed to win the game (only lost because a townie had sent in a notification that he wanted to use an ability on Xyl if he was ever revived... and was revived while Xyl was still alive.

Second the Outsiders nomination
(for Best Performance (Third Party) - while I'm nowhere near as impressed with their play as I was by Xyl's and that faction got very lucky with redirected kills, the fact remains that they nearly pulled off a win that seemed all-but-impossible Day 1.
UncertainKitten wrote:
mikeburnfire wrote:Best role claim would probably be "Bulletproof Vigilante Day-Cop"

... and if it isn't, I propose that it should be,
Not best role claim. Best role, period. Like, design.

I'm still disappointed neither Kamina, Simon, OR Asuka managed to get nommed from TTGL mafia, but, whatever, I guess people didn't really get to see them in action properly so yeah :S.
You get used to disappointment after a while.

(See: Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia, TRADTiMM... both were designed as Best New Role bait, among other things.)
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #613 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Vi wrote:
alexhans wrote:mmm... But that means that some players will advertise themselves to get these things? lame.

I didn't know this was a popularity contest after all...
Advertising yourself is in poor taste, but sometimes it's better to do that if you believe you deserve a nomination that nobody has thought of. [size=0]*kisses that one goodbye*[/size]
Or sometimes it might be worth the distaste in your mouth when you've got a nomination for a game you liked that hasn't been thirded... *cough cough*...

Why yes, I WOULD like having three thirded nominations in the Best Setup and Most Enjoyable Game nominations, thank you very much...
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #619 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Because I thought it *had* been nominated. (Well, okay, and because I'd weakly prefer MS3 Xylthixlm to win Don Corleone, but still...)

However, I think there's a couple of OTHER awards that UK might deserve, come to think of it...

Nominate UncertainKitten/forbiddanlight for Most Cunning Manipulation for Tarhalindur Random Anime Double Trouble iPick Madness Mafia (Mini Theme 853)
Nominate the Inquisitors (UncertainKitten/forbiddanlight and Gorrad) for Best Performance Third Party for Tarhalindur Random Anime Double Trouble iPick Madness Mafia (Mini Theme 853)*
Nominate UncertainKitten/forbiddanlight for Best Role Claim for Tarhalindur Random Anime Double Trouble iPick Madness Mafia (Mini Theme 853):

forbiddanlight wrote:I'm Beatrice, the Golden Witch, Townie Nullifier.

I have a one shot ability that's effectively a perma roleblock. The flavor for this is self explanatory if you are familar with Umineko. I will explain it if pressed however.

Obviously my other "abilities" are to speak the truth in red text, at least once per day. Failure to do so means I get modkilled. The ability I just gained today would be the blue text ability where people can question me in blue and if I'm able to I must reply in red. A little limited thanks to the restrictions on red text but it makes a lot of sense.

Finally, there are two reasons why I didn't say this earlier. One, I didn't think about it. And two, by the time I did I didn't think anyone would believe me. Regardless, I'll continue.

I'm kinda sorta a miller. I didn't RECOGNIZE it as a miller ability at first and didn't pay it too much mind, thanks to my somewhat...weak familiarity with Higurashi. Oh, as well as the fact I wasn't really paying attention to anything except my cool abilities. But, at any rate, when I did reread my role PM and realize that "oh shit, I scan as Miyo Takano from Higurashi...and she's scum..." I kinda wasn't amenable to telling everyone.

So, take that as you will.
* - I'd place Inquisitors as Third Party (modified SK) rather than a normal scum faction; if judges disagree, move this.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”