PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 89#1434589

Re-issuing this nomination for 2009 should it not have been considered already for 2008
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Fonz wrote:
Nominate: LlamaFluff
for best roleclaim for mafia 86.
Link?

<<Too lazy and tired right now to go searching that thread.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I knew which game it was I was more so wanting exact link to post with claim. I don't want to search the entire thread for the post/claim
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

LlamaFluff wrote:
q21 wrote:Yaw... did you miss the part where we were trying to get this thread back on topic.
Said the person not noming anyone

Third Zone
For the family guy claim... it looked really damn real
I was just about to nom him for that but it seems three people beat me to it so
Fourth ZoneAce's nom by farside for Large Family Guy game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ah yes it seems I confused the noms a little. Got to stop posting while half asleep and at work :lol:

I'll third and or second both of those
since I rather liked his play there in general.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #140 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Drench wrote:
Nominate Vengeful 5 V2 for Most Enjoyable Game

SPEEDNOM GOGOGO
I am slightly against this being nom only because the game isn't really and organized true mafia game . Its more so a bundle of wreckless hijinks that make you laugh
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

Marathon games
can
take alot of effort. Tar's games had alot of detail as did my games.

My Games

Bad Reveal Mafia
Russian Roulette 2
Bastard Face Mafia

Tar's Games

Mind Screw 3.5
Worst Idea Mafia

And quite a few other players ran setups they designed themselves. My Fav marathon game to be a player in of all time was Fairielord's PPG Mafia, where I was the "Mayor of Townsville", a Naive Killer Cop
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Marathon games
can
take alot of effort. Tar's games had alot of detail as did my games.
Did you read millars game? It was like being mind melded to a 9 year old on a bad acid trip with a USB cable plugged from his frontal lobes into a mafia forum.
Yes, in fact I was in the first version of Vengeful 5 that did not get as funny or far as the second one.

I guess a better phrasing would be:
Some
Marathon games can take alot of effort. Tar's games had alot of detail as did my games.

Which was meant as rebuttal to this part
only
:
Mirth wrote:
It's also a Marathon game, so not requiring much time and/or effort on peoples parts.
So if it deserves a nom, it should be a different category than Most Enjoyable Game which would totally require more mod involvement and more play time etc. Perhaps Most Enjoyable Marathon Game, if that.
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

And I'm still against it for the reasons I gave before. It isn't a real organized true mafia game . Its more so a bundle of wreckless hijinks that make you laugh.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I endorse the award being made since alot of effort can go into marathon mafia games making them and the entire weekend really fun.

I will not endorse that perticular game getting it for the given reasons. Which are simular to why I wouldn't endorse my "Bad Reveal Mafia" game winning it either. There was no real organized scum vs town experience. In BRM there wasn't any informed minority or scum group, just a bunch of individual SK's, some who figured out everyone was an SK and some that didn't. One that didn't know it won it all without having to figure it out, so does that mean the uninformed majority won or lucked out? I don't know but it was sure fun from alot of perspectives. And the Vengeful is funny from alot of perspective but not one that is truly a mafia game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Mirth wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I guess a better phrasing would be:
Some
Marathon games can take alot of effort. Tar's games had alot of detail as did my games.

Which was meant as rebuttal to this part
only
:
Mirth wrote:
It's also a Marathon game, so not requiring much time and/or effort on peoples parts.
So if it deserves a nom, it should be a different category than
Most Enjoyable Game which would totally require more mod involvement
and more play time etc. Perhaps Most Enjoyable Marathon Game, if that.
Here, I meant with players instead of mods. Because committing to a game for a day is a lot different then committing to a game for a couple months.
Well the most enjoyable award doesn't go to the players it goes to the mod thanks in part to the players enjoying the fun the mod made possible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #162 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

roflcopter wrote:
Tenchi wrote:@Caboose: If you want to nominate that game, I'd rather have you nominated. I think you were the one who drove the lynches of most scum, not to mention your "cold-feet" on the RBT lynch got me NKed. You were Roflcopter++.
word.

nominate caboose
for best performance by an individual(town) in Legends of Literature Mafia
Tenchi wrote:
roflcopter wrote:somebody needs to second caboose for legends of literature
/seconded
/thirded
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #192 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Tarhalindur,
I read the Suzumiya Haruhi game

I slightly remember making a role simular to your reverse hider in a game I ran a long long time ago on an irc server that doesn't exist anymore. (NOT xyl's irc server).
I think i might have posted it in either best or worse role ideas some time ago
nope, i meant to but forgot i guess
. Called the role Dentist. Did you get the idea for it from me or did you think of something like that all on your own? I thought of mine on my own and it's very simular but not exactly like yours so it wouldn't surprise me if someone come up with that role all on there own when looking/thinking about new hider/jailer variants.
You probably thought of it all on you own since I didn't post it and I doubt you were on that server way back then. Not many people frequented it

It is a cool new addition to Mafiascum since the role was never run in a game here before. I might give you props for it and running it well.

Also did you show anyone or watch that youtube series from the same people that made the Suzumiya Haruhi Anime?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #197 (isolation #13) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

There needs to be the following awards

Best Assault on the "Other" Scum Faction

Best Performance by a Vigilante

Lifetime Vidgechievement Award

And if these awards aren't made, I may need to make my own awards thread! I'd just need a snappy name for the awards that ends in an 'ie'. After all max has the mashies which he hasn't seemed to give out yet.A hall of fame would also be an interesting prospect to add to the wiki...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nominate Lord Gurgi for
Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion - "Professor Mafia" Award

Because of this
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9946
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #206 (isolation #15) » Wed May 06, 2009 2:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

imaginality wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Nominate Mirth for:

Most Enjoyable Mini Game (733)
Best Flavor Text (733)
Best Setup (733)

The link is here. If nothing else, I think she deserves the Best Setup award.

Some of the roles in the game probably deserve noms for "Best Role" too.

Seconding all the above. The phrases 'flipping awesome' and 'totally evil' come to mind.
Thirding
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Nominate Lord Gurgi for
Best Contribution to Mafia Discussion - "Professor Mafia" Award

Because of this
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9946
Thanks man. :)
No need to thank me. That was obv alot of work and heavily helpful to the wiki and mafia itself IMO. You deserved that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #241 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am still against Millar getting an award for Most Enjoyable Game (marathon) for VENGEFUL 5 Version 2. That game required no real work on the mod's part and if anything his mod error as well as interference from people outside the game is what made it fun. You don't deserve an award for errors or people outside the game doing stuff.

@Kison,
Flay and Shanba seconded and thirded the idea for a most enjoyable Marathon Game award. They did not second and third millars game respectably. Also isn't Flay's War in heaven a large theme? Is there separte catagories for best large theme vs best large normal? Should there be separate catagories?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #243 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Kison wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
@Kison,
Flay and Shanba seconded and thirded the idea for a most enjoyable Marathon Game award. They did not second and third millars game respectably.
I'm pretty sure the list has them seconding/thirding the award proposal and not the game?
Yay that's what I was saying. I think I mixed up the 2 lines of which was for the award being made and which was for millar's game getting it. Yep I read that wrong while at work. Totally my bad. I got nothing wrong with the award being made, I just think it should go to somebody that put alot of effort into running their game.

PokerFace wrote:Is there separte catagories for best large theme vs best large normal?
There wasn't last year, which is where the format came from.
Ok, I was just asking the general question if they should be separate. Was wondering if that should be discussed of it it didn't matter.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #251 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

ZONEACE wrote:Hmm, no one nominated my Family Guy claim while I was gone. Oh well. A best replacement nomination is pretty bitchin. (I don't think i've ever been nominated for a scummy in the almost 6 years I've been a member)
I believe I posted earlier saying I would support both your replacement and claim. if that wasn't seen or lost...

Nominate Zoneace for best claim for his claim in family guy mafia
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #252 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:Hmm, no one nominated my Family Guy claim while I was gone. Oh well. A best replacement nomination is pretty bitchin. (I don't think i've ever been nominated for a scummy in the almost 6 years I've been a member)
I believe I posted earlier saying I would support both your replacement and claim. if that wasn't seen or lost...

Nominate Zoneace for best claim for his claim in family guy mafia
also
Vi wrote:
Juls wrote:I want to nominate Jahudo for
Most Enjoyable Game
(Mini [theme/normal]) for Mini 783 Cowboy Bebop Mafia
Second
Third
that game was fun and well thought out setup wise.

Happy scumday Vi
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #267 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Scummies wrote:Guys, Paragon of Mafia Hunters and the Don Corleone award for most cunning manipulation are supposed to reflect an exceptional performance overall as town or scum this year, or in other words not just one game. That's what differentiates it from the Best Performance awards.
There is one problem I have with those awards. How many games do some people get in during one year? How many of those are as scum and how many as town? I get maybe 1 or 2 of each a year and I'm sure there are other players better than me that do the same with how long games last on the site. Better players usually play less games to better devout time as aposed to pulling a gimbo by joining 20 some games at once. Even Zwet has started to learn some of that lesson.

How many games are those awards suppose to factor in? How many times in a year was kison scum when he won the Don Corleone? If it was many times why was only Guardians UPick game mentioned in the listings and at the scummy ceremony back then? I thought Kison kicked more ass in that Monkey's in Space game than Guardians game.

Is there an exact number of games for those awards? Should there be an exact number? Should the awards instead factor in all the games the player has performed well in since they have been at mafiascum or should we get an award just for that kind of achievement?

EDIT: This post needs something funny to lighten the fact it is too serious. The only time I was ever lynched as scum I was also a jester. The Black Fang Game where I predicted every players role and helped kill/lynch ever scumbag not in my scum group was awesome. There also needs to be awards for Scum on Scum fighting since many scum group games kick more ass then one scum group games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #268 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Vi wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Pokerface wrote:
Vi wrote:
Juls wrote:I want to nominate Jahudo for
Most Enjoyable Game
(Mini [theme/normal]) for Mini 783 Cowboy Bebop Mafia
Second
Third
that game was fun and well thought out setup wise.

Happy scumday Vi
Fourthed
and such. Not necessarily for the setup, but it was very enjoyable for a number of other factors.
Jahudo recruited eleven of the twelve players, so he deserves credit for that.
QFT!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #277 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Adel's idea sounds good considering recent lack of civility.
I'd second Adel's idea.

Also this still needs looked into
PokerFace wrote:
Scummies wrote:Guys, Paragon of Mafia Hunters and the Don Corleone award for most cunning manipulation are supposed to reflect an exceptional performance overall as town or scum this year, or in other words not just one game. That's what differentiates it from the Best Performance awards.
There is one problem I have with those awards. How many games do some people get in during one year? How many of those are as scum and how many as town? I get maybe 1 or 2 of each a year and I'm sure there are other players better than me that do the same with how long games last on the site. Better players usually play less games to better devout time as aposed to pulling a gimbo by joining 20 some games at once. Even Zwet has started to learn some of that lesson.

How many games are those awards suppose to factor in? How many times in a year was kison scum when he won the Don Corleone? If it was many times why was only Guardians UPick game mentioned in the listings and at the scummy ceremony back then? I thought Kison kicked more ass in that Monkey's in Space game than Guardians game.

Is there an exact number of games for those awards? Should there be an exact number? Should the awards instead factor in all the games the player has performed well in since they have been at mafiascum or should we get an award just for that kind of achievement?

There also needs to be awards for Scum on Scum fighting since many scum group games kick more ass then one scum group games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #320 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Goatrevolt wrote:But
Most Consistent
I am serious about. Award it to someone who consistently performs well in every game he/she plays in
(not someone who consistently plays the exact same way)
Damn it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #324 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Because of: DHSDSM Alpha and DHSDSM Beta

I feel i must
Nominate Saunt Adelaus (Adel and Claus) for best setup design(s)

Nominate J-scope (Jahudo and KaleiÐoscøpe) for Best Mafia Performance(s)
as they were only player to win both games

Nominate Raging Wishbone (Walt Wishbone and Raging Rabbit) for Funniest Players
as the jokes they both made really had me going.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #350 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:

There also needs to be awards for Scum on Scum fighting since many scum group games kick more ass then one scum group games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #371 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Third Korlash for funiest

Second Xyl for In loosing cause. He got bastarded out of that and deserved to win with rest of the scum instead of have it end due to bad non-exclusive win conditions

Also I am still wondering about qualifications for certain old and or new awards. See here:
PokerFace wrote:

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #380 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That was meant as a proposal for there to be a scum on scum award. if that wasn't clear then

Propose award of Scum Faction A catching Scum faction B

Call it something like
Best Crosskilling
or
Best Crosshunting
or
Cross Attacking

@Shanba,
I'll agree some people get 3-4 town games in a year but 1-2 scum games still feels low to make a judgement on. I guess you could get best manipulater based on or out of one game but still seems a little iffy to me if I was judging. As my real life schedule is unlikly to change I guess all I can really get is the solo performance award and if I get lucky and the nominator or judges really like things and don't need more than one game, then that's only way I could get something bigger.

I got 4 noms last year and because I've been in far less games this year as life has gotten more busy I don't think I got one. I might have only been in 1-2 game this year which is super weak I needs more free time.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #384 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay I'll join empkings wagon too. Besides I have seen people get best overall performance nomination consideration despite loosing a game.

If in bad and almost make a comeback you get best in loosing cause

If you doing awesome, get nked or crazy shit causes teamates to drop the ball then they could get best overall or nothing pending on particular definition of the crazy shit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #436 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

mith wrote:
SerialClergyman wrote:
Nominate Ojanen for Best New Player
Third.
Fourth

In Adel's Beta Deep South Hydra game I was originally kinda scared when I learned a newbie was going to replace one of my scum buddies in such a large veteran filled game. I was afraid their inexperience would render them unable to work well with or for us. Yay that fear vanished in a matter of seconds because of her and Sando. I would support Sando and or their group hydra name for this scummie as well
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #462 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 94#1973094
^More reasons why I previously nomed jahudo for this years funiest player

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”