SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:08 am

Post by SensFan »

I don't think we should be nominating anyone for the year-long awards on January 26th. For all we know, every one of those people will flake on their duties in the next month.

(Not likely, I know.)
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by SensFan »

Agree with Adel and the poster above the above poster and the above poster.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by SensFan »

Lord Gurgi wrote:People who hate JDodge and have a vendetta: If it's such a bad idea, let the judges figure it out. The job of this thread is
not
to shoot down nominations. It wasn't an unnecessary prank, he found a problem, and knew nobody would listen to him. Now that you find that he has successfully found and proven his point, you wish to beat him over the head for it, get over yourselves.
It has nothing to do with hating JDodge (I happen to like him); and he didn't prove his point any more than I 'proved a point' about Newbie Mods needing to IP check every player.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:25 am

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:1. Comparing it to the newbie game system is an unfair comparison as the newbie game system could not possibly be prone to this sort of problem, so yeah that's a bad comparison

2. I wasn't "leveraging my experience and reputation to wreck a game". I was performing a valid experiment upon the process; if farside had found it a problem, she could have just said that the game was "wrecked" and given SP another turn at the top of the queue or whatever.

3. Yes. I couldn't point to any specific setup, probably because I hadn't had the chance to think about it - but now that I do think about it, there's such games as 3:3:6 nightless, Texas Justice, and AITP that have been shoved pointlessly through the open queue where they do not belong.

4. I did not discuss it because I know how MD works and know I would hear "oh this problem doesn't exist blah blah blah" from the invisible committee on things people are allowed to give a fuck about. Furthermore, if I were to say what I was doing before I did it, it would have been impossible to achieve that result. The open queue does need more oversight, and like it or not, I showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that needs reform. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Now, if you would like to treat this like a forum on academic discussion instead of making outright appeals to emotion on how I'm a horrible person because I
proved my point
, then feel free to refute these points.
1. No, I think the Newbie Queue was a good point. When I joined that Newb game under 2 accounts, did I 'show that the List Mod should check every IP'?

2. Yes, you clearly were. You were counting on the fact that people would be less likely to question you, because of your experience. (Hint: Don't worry, this won't be an issue for you anymore)

3. This is like when someone says "X is Scum", and then goes back to find reasons to support that statement when they are pressed. You even admit to not having any of these games in mind.

4. So if I saw a problem with a proposed Newb game format, should I then follow your example and join the game as an IC and proceed to break it? To do so would, of course, show "beyond a shadow of a doubt that [the set-up] needs reform. To say otherwise is ludicrous."
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:38 am

Post by SensFan »

JDodge wrote:Your point fails because you would never have to let it get to that point. I knew nobody would listen to my point here - that is the point of contention that none of the naysayers address.
"You murdered that man, Sir."
"I could tell he was going to buy a gun tomorrow and murder me, so it was just preemptive self-defense!"
"Sir, you just walked up to that man and shot him. That's first degree murder."
"You're still not addressing my point that he would have bought a gun tomorrow and shot me!"

I'll respond to the rest later. Maybe.
Last edited by SensFan on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 am

Post by SensFan »

iamausername wrote:
SensFan wrote:4. So if I saw a problem with a proposed Newb game format, should I then follow your example and join the game as an IC and proceed to break it? To do so would, of course, show "beyond a shadow of a doubt that [the set-up] needs reform. To say otherwise is ludicrous."
Isn't this exactly what happened with the original newb setup?
Nah. That was more something that occurred slowly over time.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #319 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 am

Post by SensFan »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Vi wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Vi wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:One idea that I have as an award is
most unpredictable player
What do u guys think?
This needs to be rewarded?
Maybe there should be a
Most Predictable Player
or
Most Consistent
award.
Again, this needs to be rewarded?
Consistent transparency is only a good thing if you're Town, after all.

I'm against meta-based awards in general.
The most predictable player wasn't serious.

But
Most Consistent
I am serious about. Award it to someone who consistently performs well in every game he/she plays in (not someone who consistently plays the exact same way).
We already have Paragon of Mafia Hunters and "The Don Corleone" Award for people who are consistently good as either Town or Scum, respectively.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #354 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

Paragon of Mafia and Most Cunning Manipulator are just that, Goat. For a year-round performance of very good Town/Scum play.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”