Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #199 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 194, Aureal wrote:
In post 179, DragonEater70 wrote: 3.
Paperback Writer
2023/12/24
This is definitely, one hundred percent, the best and most enjoyable flavor I've had in a Mafia game ever. I literally called Aureal a queen in my first post for making this game. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be a volcano gladiator???

I lowkey want to nominate this for Game of the Year because of the excellent modding and amazing playerlist, as well as it's being one of my favorite setups (all of which are criteria for Game of the Year), but I'd feel kinda guilty if I nommed a NewD3 for GOTY so I won't do this UNLESS someone else tells me it's socially acceptable to nominate NewD3 for GOTY.
Well, uh, thanks? :oops:

I've been thinking I should nom this, now I definitely need to.

Paperback Writer
2024/01/01
In this uPick game, fferyllt came in with a vision. She fleshed out the character roles with reasonably suited powers to their characters, drawing a surprising amount of depth from even more obscure characters. For instance, the character I chose, Tasha Yar, came with powers flavored around actual lines of dialogue she had spoken, despite being a largely overlooked character who was only in the cast for one season (and while one line of dialogue is actually quite well-known the other certainly is not; even I had to do some digging for scripts to confirm that it was indeed her dialogue). I was not the only one who appreciated the character detail in roles: LLD thanked fferyllt (in the Discord spectator channel) for her effort in writing her Dax character the way LLD had envisioned in a plural-friendly way. Furthermore, not only did fferyllt write these rich, detailed role PMs, she fleshed out the game itself using the Trek character Q as the basis for an actual storyline which she elaborated upon at the start and end of every day. She made writing good character-specific scenes look easy and gave such life to the setting that I was inspired to write my own ending bit for my character.
Thank you so much! I AM a Star Trek nerd, and do like the story arcs of relatively minor characters! It's fertile ground for many potential game design ideas.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”