Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

2022 Scummies and Mashies Ceremony!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Scummies »

The 2022 Scummies and Mashies Ceremony!

"Welcome everyone to the 2022 Scummies and Mashies ceremony! Today, we get a chance to celebrate the achievements and memories made across the last year. I know you all have been waiting a long time for this, so let's get started." The presenter pulls out a stack of index cards from behind the podium. The presenter then flips over the first card.

"First up is an award given to someone who has served as a beacon of light across games guiding lost townies to victory."

"The winner of
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
is...

Lukewarm
!"

The presenter flips over their next card.

"The next award goes to a group of people who managed to stun us with their deceitful lies and perfect alibis in a single game."

"The winners of
Goodfellas
is...

fireisredsir, Dunnstral, marcistar, and Gammagooey
for their performance in Mafia Invictus Redux!"

"Winning as mafia can be daunting but at least you have some friends to help you out. This next award rewards those brave souls who have to walk the path alone."

"The winner of
Hannibal Lecter
is...

NorwegianBoyEE
for their performance in Control!"

"Next up, we take a detour from recognizing achievements in mafia to celebrate another important part of our site. This next award recognizes a mish mash game made by a clever genius."

"The winner of
Mashtermind
is...

Malkon05
for MS Idol 2!"

"This next award goes to someone who has already made a big impact despite being new to mish mash."

"The winner of
Best Mish Mash Newbie
is...

Thestatusquo
!"

"Our next award sees us briefly going back to the mafia side of things. Before I present the next award, we have some special commentary from our judges." The presenter takes out a sheet of paper hidden behind the podium.

"I selected
Klick
as my first choice because I genuinely think he, and he alone, was the decisive winning factor for the town in the game." The presenter then crumples up the sheet of paper and throws it towards the audience.

"The winner of
Moment of Brilliance
is...

Klick
for their performance in Not Quite Normal Multiball II!"

"This next award goes to someone who is a smash hit in mish mash and large social games."

"The winner of
Smash Mouth
is...

Farren
!"

"Our next award is given to those special moments in mish mash and large social games that will forever live etched within our minds."

"The winner of
Mashterstroke
is...

Ariel
for their Weakest Link video!"

Suddenly, it begins raining heavily. As the presenter flips over their next card, a loud clap of thunder echoes throughout the auditorium.

"Sometimes it takes a spark of creativity to really redefine the game of mafia. Our next award rewards just that."

"The winner of
Mad Scientist
is...

Datisi
for Datisi's Cafe!"

"Running a game is tough. A lot of things that can go wrong even with careful planning; you never know whether a tiger may be lurking in the shadows to take down the server. Our next award goes to the one game over the past year that stood out as managing to do everything correctly."

"The winner of
Game of the Year
is...

Prism
for Mafia Invictus Redux!"

"Our next award goes to that one legendary post that should be enshrined for future generations. Once again, we have some special commentary from our judges."

"
Datisi
make-a da good posts."

"
Datisi
’s post in the
art
thread was both humorous and had a lot of effort put behind it. While
RC
’s post might be more impactful as a commentary about the site, I went with the light-hearted choice for first place."

"The winner of
Post of the Year
is...

Datisi
for his post in making maybe-not-crappy art based on your avatars!"

As the presenter flips over their next card, they accidentally dislodge a sheet of paper from the stack of pages hidden behind the podium. It begins floating towards the ground. The presenter scrambles to catch it before it reaches the floor.

"Next up is our award for best flavor. It takes a lot of time and skill to craft a cohesive narrative that makes your players feel immersed in the game."

"Genuinely a tough choice, I almost abstained because it's that close, but I chose
Datisi
for
Datisi's Cafe
because I felt
Datisi
's flavor had something the others did not; lasting impact even after the game had ended. The flavor fit the theme and was wonderfully done, but is simply a level of memorable above the others."

"
Datisi
's flavor made me truly feel like I was working in a real dysfunctional
cafe
, even as just a spectator."

"The winner of
Paperback Writer
is...

Datisi
for Datisi's Cafe!"

"As mentioned before, running a mafia game is tough. You never know what to expect. Our next award, however, celebrates the one individual who has shown time and time again how to run successful games."

"The winner of
Modfather
is...

Datisi
!"

"Next up is our final award specifically dedicated to mish mash and large social games. Just as Game of the Year celebrates that one standout mafia game, this award commemorates the one large social game last year that stood heads and shoulders above the rest."

"The winners of
Best Social Game
is...

Thestatusquo, d3f3nd3r, and skelda
for Risk vs. Reward!!"

"An influx of new members is vital to keeping our site alive. Our next award is given to that one mafia player who has shown a remarkable amount of potential."

"The winner of
Rising Star
is...

fireisredsir
!"

"Next up is an award that goes to a chivalrous replacement. Like a knight in shining armor, they replace in and save the day."

"The winner of
White Knight
is...

mastina
for her performance in League of Legends UPick!"

"Our next to last award goes to someone who has managed to fool us time not once but several times across the last year."

"The winner of
Don Corleone
is...

Datisi
!"

The presenter flips over their final card.

"Lastly, we want to thank everyone who contributes to this site whether it be in mafia, in discussion, or in mish mash. Without your efforts, we would not have a site to celebrate these ceremonies. This final award goes to someone whose efforts to make the site a better place has a lasting impact."

"
Datisi
's
have become ingrained in site culture and lore at this point. That type of legacy is immense."

"
Man Draws Cool Pictures
"

"The winner of
Community Contributor
is...

Datisi
for his lovely artwork in making maybe-not-crappy art based on your avatars!"

"Well, that's all our awards! Thanks for coming, and we hope to see you again next year!"

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”