Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Goodfellas
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Game & Link
Description
06/07/22 Prism fireisredsir, Dunnstral, marcistar, Gammagooey Mafia Invictus Redux First, let me start off by saying as the designer that this setup and game were incredibly townsided. Town wound up getting 13 total eliminations, 2 mechanical clears, and 2 near-forced mechanical kills within the PoE. Scum had zero say in who these forced nightkills and clears got to vengeshoot.

Somehow scum dodged all investigations, repeatedly dodged invictus shots until almost the entire PoE had been completely burnt through, and overcame the obstacles of the setup to win the game. They completely dominated day and nightplay, and while town made a last minute comeback and it was close in the end, virtually everyone recognized that they probably should have won much sooner. Virtually everyone was impressed when they managed to clutch out the 3-way.

The team as a whole was amazing and worked together well, constantly strategizing, making suggestions and working to refine each other's dayplay, and deferring to one another's preferences and plans. Their scum PT was a great read. Each player had a different role. marcistar struggled and got caught earlier but was always open with feedback and gave the team good credit moving forward. Dunnstral wound up intentionally taking most of the dayplay heat to set up bad interactions on flip, yet
still survived virtually to the end
. Gammagooey was responsible for much of the dayplay angling and argumentation that happened, and most players expected him to endgame. fireisredsir pulled out one of the performances of the year to save the game. The highlight of the performance was definitely fire's 112 page neighborhood with Kovu in a 137 page game, but fire was also extremely adaptive to his team, at one point intentionally shifting to taking more risks and going to bat for them at the expense of his play lategame.

The team just had everything you look for in a great, cohesive scumteam. Won the game? Check. Won dayplay? Check. Won nightplay? Check. Worked well with each other and had fun together every step of the way? Check.

Rising Star
Date Added
Nominator
Nominee
Description
06/07/22 Prism fireisredsir Best new player of the year IMO. Struggled early as scum in a loss in League of Legends as Amumu, but Invictus Redux was a signature win and an incredible feat of WIM/perserverence. Crisp progressions, pre-emptive meta work, and WIM got them widely townread early, fire later adapted and showed a lot of flexibility to sacrifice some of that towncred to save their partners, and they still managed to win a very tough 3 way. They were extremely cooperative with the team all the way...And did I mention that they kept up a 112 page neighborhood while doing all of that publicly? Because they did, they weren't just random garbage but were mindful and strategic, and it was insane.

His style in the game is high-effort and thoughtful without being overbearing, and he puts a lot of the right (imo) emphasis on tracking carefully through players over time and shows a great understanding of how the game works on a basic strategic level. While he wasn't the decisive winner in Melancholy, he put up a strong town performance all game long, was skeptical of the right things, and was rarely if ever flat-out wrong. It was virtually impossible for scum to push him.

He wasn't perfect in Spring Fling, but again showed great argumentation and play throughout the game. He struggled early (as did most of town), but finished strong by being right on Datisi and voting to eliminate himself and his dance partner to win the game. While this read on Luke was wrong, I think it shows a lot about how fire plays the game. It's insane that posts like this come from a player with such little experience.

I'm not as familiar with his play in other games-Panic Room, Coalition, NbITGBSMoD, and any others I might have missed. Maybe someone more familiar with those could elaborate on the quality of play there.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Datisi should easily be modfather,
voluntelling
volunteering
honorably nominating
Aristeia to write the elaborate encomium
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Prism »

I've been very reluctant to believe he was deserving of this, as he has yet to free the cowman, but now I've seen the light and realize I was in error for stubbornly opposing this nomination.

Nth Datisi for Modfather

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”