mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:25 am

Post by mastina »

Post of the Year
3/10/2021 mastina Haschel Cedrickson I realize that given the judging will be done around this time in 2022, people may have forgotten the context for exactly why this is so funny and POTY-worthy, so let me give y'all the context behind this:
During late 2020 and early 2021, there was a viral resurgence of Sea Shanties across the internet, with them sweeping across the internet as a storm. In particular, probably most famously, the tiktok smash hit was a sea shanty known as The Wellerman was everywhere with constant recordings of it.

During 2020, there was a rather notable series of events, detailed in last year's scummies thread. It revolved around the permaban of the user shellyc, and the circumstances leading to the escalation of them.

These two events from last year lead to the absolute gem of gems from this year: The WellyC. (EDIT: here's a link to the song itself.)

The song is not only drop-dead hilarious, but also ridiculously catchy a tune.

Sing it with me now!

There one was a player banned by UT
The name of the player was shellyc
The roles went out, she melted down,
So quote, my shellyc, quote.

Soon may the listmods come
To save the games on MafiaScum
Some day when the banning is done
In SGB we'll post.

It had not been an hour or so
When shellyc refused to go,
Her alts signed up to replace her main,
Which made the playerbase lol

In SGB we'll post

Before the ban had hit the thread
A thought went through Datisi's head:
"She used that alt to cheat," he said
And permabans soon were doled.

In SGB we'll post.

As far as I know the site has won
Shelly's not here, and the alts are gone
The listmods check the account IPs
To stop ban evasion from ShellyC

In SGB we'll post.
Last edited by mastina on Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by mastina »

Spoiler: Haschel Nom
In post 13, mastina wrote:
Post of the Year
3/10/2021 mastina Haschel Cedrickson I realize that given the judging will be done around this time in 2022, people may have forgotten the context for exactly why this is so funny and POTY-worthy, so let me give y'all the context behind this:
During late 2020 and early 2021, there was a viral resurgence of Sea Shanties across the internet, with them sweeping across the internet as a storm. In particular, probably most famously, the tiktok smash hit was a sea shanty known as The Wellerman was everywhere with constant recordings of it.

During 2020, there was a rather notable series of events, detailed in last year's scummies thread. It revolved around the permaban of the user shellyc, and the circumstances leading to the escalation of them.

These two events from last year lead to the absolute gem of gems from this year: The WellyC. (EDIT: here's a link to the song itself.)

The song is not only drop-dead hilarious, but also ridiculously catchy a tune.

Sing it with me now!

There one was a player banned by UT
The name of the player was shellyc
The roles went out, she melted down,
So quote, my shellyc, quote.

In SGB we'll post.

It had not been an hour or so
When shellyc refused to go,
Her alts signed up to replace her main,
Which made the playerbase lol

In SGB we'll post

Before the ban had hit the thread
A thought went through Datisi's head:
"She used that alt to cheat," he said
And permabans soon were doled.

In SGB we'll post.

As far as I know the site has won
Shelly's not here, and the alts are gone
The listmods check the account IPs
To stop ban evasion from ShellyC

In SGB we'll post.
Update on this nomination; I got permission from Haschel to post the link so I edited the nomination with a direct link to the song.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by mastina »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
04/11/2021 mastina PookyTheMagicalBear Pooky has been TEARING through scumteams this year, utterly decimating and eviscerating them. While the game ultimately ended in a scum win, in College Basketball Players, Pooky correctly identified
all three mafia
, being on the eliminations of the two and insisting,
begging
the town to eliminate the third scum. (The town didn't listen, thus the scum win, but Pooky was dead by then so he did as well as a townie could do.)

He earned a N1 nightkill in Mini 2200, in part due to having 2/3 of the scum south of null.

In Warehouse 13, Pooky was singlehandedly the cause of the town win--while the playerlist was basically an allstar list of legends, no individual town player had every piece of the puzzle and were hard-disagreeing on the rest...but Pooky by sheer force of will alone convinced the town that he was correct on his piece, and then after being elevated to conftown status from this, went on to then help the town identify which pieces they had correct, guiding them to one of the hardest possible town roflstomps of all time (in a setup that was, if anything, scumsided, no less!). It started on D1 but was truly cemented on D3.

In Draft Mafia, he did it
again
, this time by nailing the Pizza hydra as scum and in helping eliminate both the remaining scum. He basically caught the entire scumteam, basically by himself.

And most recently, in Two Day Penultimate Mafia, an Open game with what amounts to a White Flagesque mechanic where the town only needed to eliminate one scum in order to win, where eliminating one scum on D1 would be an instant town win...Pooky NAILED one of the crucial scum players, not to mention correctly identifying a second scum player. While the game was ultimately abandoned, had it not been, the probable end to the D1 was a compromise elimination on Pooky's correct initial target of choice, which would've meant that had the game not been abandoned, the likely outcome of the game would be a town win, again, singlehandedly thanks to him.

Pooky is wrecking scumteams left and right; he is utterly DESTROYING them in basically every towngame he is in. Pooky is basically a one-person scum wrecking crew, able to singlehandedly win town after town after town the game. And the legend of Pooky is only growing game after game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 pm

Post by mastina »

White Knght
27/07/21 mastina Dannflor Not Quite Normal Multiball As far as replacements go, you literally cannot do better than this. Replace into a slot everyone was writing off as the automatic D1 elimination, near-universally scumread. And by the end of the day, become reasonably townread by the majority of the players, and end up living to see scum dead and help the town achieve a perfect game. Dannflor was everything a replacement should be and then some.

Moment of Brilliance
27/07/21 mastina morph the cat, Celestial Powerhouse, PookyTheMagicalBear, unwnd (maybe a fifth here?) Not Quite Normal Multiball Game was a perfect town win--no town players were eliminated during the day, and a grand total of two town players died in the game. One, due to a strongman kill (they would not have died without the strongman kill which the town could not prevent), and the other being due to the town not being able to stop both kills (but still managing to stop one scum kill). Both vig shots hit scum; all eliminations hit scum; most scum kills were prevented. It literally could not have been more perfect a towngame.

However, the players I am nominating are the players I saw as the very core of this effort. morph basically nailed every scum in the game, and Celestial Powerhouse shared in that. Pooky and unwnd were both great in the majority of their reads and pushes and these four slots were the slots I would say were most influential towards the win and thus the slots most worthy of the award.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance (Best Performance: Town)
26/10/21 mastina Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, Romance (alt of Ydrasse) Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Mafia Basically the entirety of the town this game performed exceptionally well and literally all of them basically contributed heavily to the town win, but these three slots are the slots I would attribute the win the most to. The scum were not playing poorly; they actually played quite well. But between Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, and Romance, the scumteam as a whole was fairly boxed in mechanically and also by flavor. They were left with very little wiggle room and without the breakthroughs of Sakura Hana and Romance, and without the extensive flavor knowledge of Toogeloo, combined with pressuring the right slots (not to mention, a guilty from Romance certainly helped), they are the slots that I would say MOST won the game for the town and were MOST irreplaceable. While everyone contributed to the win, I don't think any other players could have contributed as much as Toogeloo, Romance, and Sakura Hana did.

But the whole town did in fact earn it. Again, it wasn't the scum playing incredibly poorly. They planned extensively (the scum PT is literally 60 pages long to give you an idea of how much time and effort they put into planning), they did fairly well to maneuver by play to be largely untouched for the majority of the game, and they even were in positions each day where (aside from the guiltied/first dead scum and the final dead scum) it genuinely looked like they could live.

...Except, by the work of Toogeloo, Sakura Hana, and Romance...they
couldn't
live.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/4/2022 mastina Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Prism, honestly the whole town is worthy but the award requires me to limit the number of names to nominate, not sure who is most-worthy of the most-worthy but these three seem to be a good start. Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game The scum got
trounced
. Completely and utterly
demolished

On D1, there was a scum elimination--while this was semi-deliberate by the scumteam in order to save an important scum PR who was the other leading wagon on D1 (let that sink in for a moment:
both leading wagons on D1 were
on scum
), and the scum's plan was to have the D1 scumflip give sufficient towncred to keep the other D1 wagoned scum alive...the town ended up eliminating said scum on D3
anyway
, and once they did, broke the game open.

While no town player had
all
the answers, every town player had
most
of the answers, and when overlapping and combining their analysis, it ultimately led to them being able to correctly name and identify all of the scum and systematically eliminate them. It might not have been a perfect town win, but it was pretty damn close to one.

(there were three other towns that I wanted to nominate but I couldn't figure out who to nominate on them; draft mafia, open draft mafia, and animals UPick all had impressive town performances--the first a town comeback from the brink of defeat, the other two town stomps.)

Mad Scientist
1/5/2022 mastina Gypyx + MURDERCAT Draft Mafia + Open Draft Mafia This is a bit of an unusual nomination in that it is not one game, but rather both the original game for how groundbreaking the concept of it was, and then the first iteration of an Open setup using the original game's fundamental mechanics and making it repeatable. I feel like both mods should be given credit here as the mechanic involved is, frankly, brilliant. While there's been games with similar concepts, the execution was superb in providing a mechanic that is ridiculously fun and just mechanically rewarding for players, without being nothing but a mechanical puzzle to solve. Mechanical prowess offered an advantage, but was not mandatory.

Rube Goldberg
1/5/2022 mastina GuyInFreezer Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn The game was incredibly well-made start to finish. While the raid mechanic was a bit underdeveloped (had it been expanded more, I'd have a Mad Scientist nomination) and the game was imo
slightly
townsided, the overall setup was
amazingly
designed and the execution incredible. It was genuinely fun and incredible.

Mad Scientist
1/6/2022 mastina Jingle Triplicate The triple-game mechanic was legitimately incredible. It's insane. But amazing. The idea of the three games in one was designed masterfully, and the mechanic is in my opinion, truly a revolutionary one which pushes the limit of theme mechanics and pushes the limit of mini theme mechanics in particular.

Rube Goldberg
1/5/2022 mastina Jingle Triplicate While I feel that the mini Normal was terribly balanced beyond an acceptable margin and not having information about the wagon analyzer as a serial killer is poor design,
overall
, the setup as a whole was
incredibly
designed. The game's mechanic was incredibly complex and had multiple layers to it, but ultimately, the setup was still brilliantly designed, with very few flaws. I hold far more praise than I do criticism for the setups and they ended up being quite well handled in my opinion.

Game of the Year
1/5/2022 mastina Jingle Triplicate Legitimately the wildest ride of 2021 as far as Mini Themes go, and maybe one of the wildest rides of the year, period. The games all were incredibly crazy. The town did quite well in game #3, and while the town as a whole in both games 1/2 basically rolled over to die, individual town players who tried kept the towns having fighting chances. Ultimately, nobody won all three games (the best were winning 2/3), but while nobody did spectacularly across the board, overall, everyone at least did respectably well in at least one of the three games. Twists included the mafia from game 1 being treated as a town neighborhood (and, by coincidence, legitimately by coincidence, being 3/4 of the town's PRs in game 2!!!), as well as the surprise of the survivor claim actually being a serial killer (which only Jingle knew from the start, thanks to a misread of the role PM).

All in all, it was a blast, start to finish, and a rollercoaster of emotions overall, but genuinely a pleasure.

Game of the Year
1/5/2022 mastina May and Brendan (ManateeGal + Something_Smart) Manatee's Pokemon Large Theme This game would, genuinely, have been a Moment of Brilliance nomination if it weren't for the town's sealing of its own eventual demise: on the first 4 days, there were 4 dead scum, and on the fifth day, there was a town investigative with a guilty on the final scum in the game. Investigative claims, game wraps up on D5 with five scum dead, basically a perfect town win, right?

Except there was a twist: the town speedlimmed the town investigative with the guilty, preventing them from claiming the guilty.

And then as a result, the game dragged on, with one scum left, to the mandatory end that required. It kept going until
Day Ten
, doubling the length of the game, where at last a legendary battle between Milobird (notscience + Bell) and PookyTheMagicalBear ensued, ending in the only way appropriate for the blunder of the town: in a karmic twist of fate, the very slot that had lolhammered the town investigative with a guilty ended up being voted on the final day.

This twist of legends means that the game, while the town's to lose (which they did), is legendary and genuinely will be a game that I feel will be remembered for
years
to come. I know I certainly won't forget it, because I developed a saying for the game, that I feel the sentiment of it will remain long into the future: NEVER. FORGET.

It is a game that I genuinely feel will be remembered for years to come, that the players of will always keep in mind and always refer back to, as well as a game that was filled to the brim start to finish with an endless fountain of memes. It has the staying power worthy of a Game of the Year.

Game of the Year
1/5/2022 mastina GuyInFreezer Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn One of my favorite games of the year. I don't really have much to say that can help non-players of the game understand why it was such a good game (hopefully more players from there can chime in with their experiences to flesh out my nomination of it here once I remind them of the game and why it was so good), but it was a bunch of fun. It was reasonably balanced, both sides did
pretty
good, the game mechanics were superb, and it was overall just a highly enjoyable, and memorable, experience.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #119 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Post by mastina »

(I probably should also do body of work nominations but I'm not quite sure who to nominate that I haven't, aside from the +1 to Lukewarm--Lukewarm definitely is a Rising Star and I was going to write a nomination there but since someone beat me to it, I'll just say that Lukewarm deserves it and the nomination is a S+ tier one.)

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”