Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #158 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'dl ike to nominate Mr Stoofer's Pirates vs Ninjas game for Best Game of 2008, even though it's technically not over, I can't play in it anymore and I enjoyed my run.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #159 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Best SK Win:
MikeBurnFire in Yaw's Open Game
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #161 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Skruffs »

You don't have to rub it in.
v.v
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #186 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well... I already nominated PIrates vs Ninjas, a couple weeks ago, but, I'll just FOURTH it now. :)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #356 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Farkshinsoup wrote:I'd like to suggest a new category: Best IC.

To recognize the players that donate their time and MS energy to newbies and newbie games.

I think that it takes a lot of patience and skill to impart reliable and useful information to new players within an environment where paranoia and suspicion are endemic. The best ones also play the game well while they're doing it.
If you only get rewarded as an IC for winning games, then ICs will be more ruthless towards newbies. In many newbie games I have intentionally said blatantly false or scummy things to encourage the newbies to 'scumhunt' and to realize that scum do not play by the rules. I've done this as town too to show that pro-town players are not always right, too, which is a concernedly-growing trend among players as of late. If there is going to be a "Best IC" category, it should be 'ruled' by newbies; IE if a newb thinks an IC in a newbie game was helpful in teaching in some way, they should do the nominating. Otherwise it's just ICs patting themselves on the back.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #367 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
If you only get rewarded as an IC for winning games, then ICs will be more ruthless towards newbies. In many newbie games I have intentionally said blatantly false or scummy things to encourage the newbies to 'scumhunt' and to realize that scum do not play by the rules. I've done this as town too to show that pro-town players are not always right, too, which is a concernedly-growing trend among players as of late. If there is going to be a "Best IC" category, it should be 'ruled' by newbies; IE if a newb thinks an IC in a newbie game was helpful in teaching in some way, they should do the nominating. Otherwise it's just ICs patting themselves on the back.
Uh...if you've delibratly said false and scummy things as town in a newbie game, in a way you never would in a non-newbie game, Skruffs, all you're doing is screwing up the developing scumdar of new players. That's really what scumdar is, is that over time people start to learn from experence that people act one way as scum but a different way as town. If you're screwing with your playstyle as either one, to try to "teach" them something, you're just making it harder for them to learn how to play.
I disagree with you. Newbie players should not be 'taught' that experience=accuracy. Making mistakes (intentionally) encourages them to speak up, to look at things themselves. I'm not saying to mislynch or blatantly mislead players to a loss, I am saying that by positing false arguments, players can then decide for themnselves things. I've been railing against the idea of known-town players being automatically believe to be good scumhunters in a few games now. I think players get experienced/town confused with 'good'.

Anyways.765
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #369 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Well you don't, obviously, deliberately make a bad argument. You don't say that 2+2=5. But making an argument that can be refuted encourages the newbies to do so.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #455 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Skruffs »

nominate: armlx
for his prformance as town in polygamist mafia. His persevrance paid off.

He should be considered a role model!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”