Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'd like to suggest a new category: Best IC.

To recognize the players that donate their time and MS energy to newbies and newbie games.

I think that it takes a lot of patience and skill to impart reliable and useful information to new players within an environment where paranoia and suspicion are endemic. The best ones also play the game well while they're doing it.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

hasdgfas wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:A relevant question would then become "is the IC award for qualitative play or for quantitative play"

I'm not sure which is the better one to re-enforce.
I'm pretty sure that the judges could use a combination of both, in addition to how helpful they are for the newbies. I don't think it should be either qualitative play or quantitative play, as neither is really what the ICs are for. They're there to help the newbies, in addition to playing with them, so a combination of all three is probably the best way of deciding.
IMO, it should not necessarily be awarded for performance in one particular game, like many of the other awards, although particular games can be used to demonstrate why they deserve the nomination.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

It could be a straight quantity award. At the end of the year just tally up who signed up for the most games, and rename it "Most Prolific IC". No nominations, and maybe it will have the side effect of motivating IC's to play in even more newbie games to win the award.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

eldarad wrote:I just don't see how you can measure how good an IC is.
How does anyone get "measured" for the purposes of receiving a Scummy? Someone nominates them, and then a group of judges picks one. It's not like we need a rigorous set of criteria here.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”