Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Jingle »

Ego

I’ll write up goty and paperback for d&d soonish. Maybe.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 13, Jingle wrote:Ego

I’ll write up goty and paperback for d&d soonish. Maybe.

Game of the Year
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition This game was ~510 pages. This game had 40 people. This game lasted almost 4 months. This game had 5 replacements, one of which was an alt replacing a main.

This game wasn't perfect. There were issues, and fights, and a dumb mislynch on me. But the players stuck it out and enjoyed it all the way through. There were cults and serial killers and variant roles and chaos and through it all everyone had fun. Activity didn't flag, and people continued playing right until the bitter end. chk managed to make flavor integral to the game in a way that felt fair, and there was an insane amount of discussion of roles. I think there were 5 separate 3p claims.

And despite all of these moving parts and ways things could have gone wrong and ways things did actually go wrong: everyone was still happy with the game at the end. This was an actual game of mafia with 40 players, and it WASN'T a shitshow. I can't stress that enough.

Paperback Writer
2/13/2020 Jingle chkflip Mainstream Mafia II: D&D Edition Sometimes games have flavor that matters to the game. They usually suck. That's not the case with this one.

chk managed to make 40 unique roles with flavor and story for each, then tie that flavor to day start and end chapters of flavor in a way that provided hints for the game but didn't unfairly break it. He consistently kept the flavor present and relevant through the entire game, making things make sense for all roles involved. It turned out the FBI agent was the sister of one of the town lovers and there was a disapproving father for the lover partner and all of that was just tangential to the game. It was unnecessary detail that chk only put in to fill in the story behind the game.

There was a role that served to send small flavor filled messages about the various members of town, as well. And all of this flavor stayed both interesting and relevant until the end of the game itself. It was beautiful, and it convinced several people that they wanted to play D&D just because of the flavor in a mafia game. (Despite that flavor actually being Pathfinder, but w/e)
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 39, Amrun wrote:I had no idea nths weren’t a thing anymore.
nth
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Jingle »

Moment of Brilliance
2/27/2020 Jingle mastina TM2020 Mini Theme Mastina rocked this game. Not to discount the play of people like jjh who were also solid town contenders, but this game would not have been even close to the same game without mastina.

First of all, she managed to pick out 2/3 of scum for her D1 PoE AND get one of them (the scumteam's strongman, no less) lynched, despite several loud TvT fights providing huge distractions. She also accurately locktowned a good portion of the game. Then, she managed to use her role to great effect when she got a soft guilty on the last scum, who was the only real deepwolf candidate. Slowplaying it, she managed to get Mena to claim 1 shot vig and then retract into an obviously false ascetic claim while a JK had flipped, turning what was at best mediocre evidence into a lynch on what was objectively the best positioned scum.

Town nearly lost despite this, but mastina was directly responsible for the scum lynches on days 1 and 2 and was one of the strongest pushers for the final scum to be lynched early as well.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 52, OkaPoka wrote:ignoring my losses im undefeated as OkaPoka
FTFY
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

Paperback Writer
May 19, 2020 Jingle SirCakez Jigsaw's Revenge I don't like the Saw franchise. With that said, dave is absolutely right. This game fully encapsulated the spirit of Saw. You can see how much effort went into the design of each individual trap (all 21 of which referenced the movies), the neighborhoods being flavor accurate, the scumteam having both flavor accurate neighborhood membership AND town fakeclaims with neighbor accurate flavor, a sense of urgency that the pace of the game set that was in keeping with the horror theme, and even a role that got to write additional flavor that made sense in the world of the game. Say what you will about the rest of the game, but the flavor was 100% on point and crazy detailed.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Jingle »

Yeah, nth's don't really matter unless you do another write up. TBF, that's mostly because the judges have to read all of the nominated games to weigh in on a category and shouldn't just be judging based on who nommed.

I'm sure Cakez appreciates the sentiment though!
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #138 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Jingle »

Disagree on Rube Goldberg, but I’ll probably write up a paperback nom tonight.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #315 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Unfortunately Among Us ended this year so I think it has to be a next year nom. Definitely a solid nom for next year though.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #336 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Jingle »

Community Contributer
1/7/2021
OkaPoka
mastina
Jingle
Datisi, Untrod Tripod, Unnamed site staff Stop Getting Banned One of the most impressive examples of a select few individuals working in tandem to catch and eliminate scum. Normally, roleblocking the scumteam is what it is, but the site staff managed to perfect and coordinate the use of their investigative(s) to find and out information on the entire scumteam within 36 hours. Then comes Datisi, a vanilla town, who pieces the rest of the puzzle together (within 30 minutes!) and the flagbearer gets lim'd immediately after. Honestly, one of the fastest and most successful turn-arounds that I have ever seen. And shellyC and shellyC had us fooled for 2 whole months, impressive play, almost RAS/awestfie levels of deception.

I think mastina's nom is fine as post of the year, but am also shamelessly stealing all of her work to also make it a community contributer nom.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”