Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #333 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Hey everyone, some of you might already be aware that I'm coming back from a life issue that made me almost entirely unavailable for the past several days. Please be patient with me while I try to catch up on all real life/mafia related things at once. Thanks.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2244 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Extremely condensed versions of my thoughts. and from now on I'm here in full. I stopped reading somewhere around page 60 and am working doing some rereads and on putting some thoughts here.

Expect me to be caught up and gucci in ~2 hours time. This was actually a pretty fun game to piece through.

Page 1: GuiltyLion's entrance is weak. I would have voted him if I were here.
Page 2: Katyusha voice-of-reasoning the inconsequential RC swap makes me suspicious. Reck seems town though just at first glance. RC also.
Page 5: Katyusha vote on Aneninen is just scum.
Page 7: Cheeky's town. Especially the "adenine is town then?"
Page 8: If I had to guess I'd say town Mastina.
Page 10: Let's talk Reck's readslist at -- echoes my thoughts on GL completely at this point in time which I like. Primate town is a lazy read, nothing town there and really overall seems like a lazy list? On the other hand, Primate's posts later (Mastina isn't scum, just wrong + Not feeling cheekyscum) I can 100% get behind. Still definitely don't townread Primate in any sense of the word

---

Page 12: Nice to see that my boys Shea and Keely also scumread Kat. Send them all of my love. Suppose we can assume Creature town?
Page 19: Very little to say up until here. I'm a little less willing to townread Cheeky especially the whole "help me townread you" thing, rarely see that from town. I would expect scum RC to try and get chesskid lynched here. Which he does. I think he's still on the townier side though. Shrug

---

Page 21: Seems like Kat isn't getting townread by anyone (referencing Chesskid's ). I'm moving more and more towards that being my favorite wagon right now. Also, like to see me getting townread without having to make any posts. That's the sort of godly townplay you just don't see anymore these days, I'm pulling out all the stops for TM here.
Page 22: BYF's reads fail to make any sort of impression on me-- I think this is sort of an expressly not-scum thing.
Page 24: Would be interested to know what people (BYF and whoever else) read as town from RC's Chesskid push and associated posts, because I definitely do not see it. Secondly, am suspicious of Hinduragi. Having trouble articulating it so don't put any stock in it rn. It could be just that he's focusing a lot on Reck, in which case there's a reasonable justification for it (lot of experience with Reck so it's his foothold in the game, etc)
Page 28: Primate is coming close to coasting, which is basically nuts. Why are people townreading him, I'd like to know @Reck-shea-keely

--

Page 35: Lots to say here.
  • - Now that Kat sees anti-Reck sentiment, she strikes while the iron is hot. I know I'm harping on this but come on people.
    - Regarding Mastina: I think she's wrong on Firebringer, and maybe her confident townreads in general. Wrong on Cheeky who I'm coming around on solid town. Don't disagree on Hinduragi, I'm flipflopping a lot there too. Definitely recall reading some Hindu posts and thinking that's town right there. Right on Primate though except there's a weird amount of focus on a slot that should really just be null, or null-scum at absolute worst. No particular townread on mastina anymore.
    - RC is right that I wouldn't take scum with my current emotional state, but I have taken scum when given the choice in the past and am capable of playing solid scum when up for it. Great to see I'm racking up those townreads though. I'm a champion
    - ReckChess isn't as crazy as people think, especially considering PoE or whatnot. I do think it's unlikely just given analysis. Flipflopping a lot on RC, ugh.
--

Enormous post so here's the TL;DR, my game skim + reread up to page 40 reads are as follows:

Town: Creature, Cheeky, BYF (if he took scum I'll eat my shoe)

Somewhere in the middle? Reck > Chesskid > mastina from towniest to scummiest, maybe? Too much posts from them to really form a coherent opinion because I second guess myself a lot, and I don't have any of them as solid town, say, enough to write off ReckChess as a possibility. Also it's weird to order them with any certainty because it takes a lot out of context but there you go. RC bounces somewhere between towny and scummy. Hinduragi too. Obviously this is where the meat of the game is to piece through.

- Don't care, willing to lynch, maybe I'll ISO later: Primate > SomethingSmart = Srceenplay > GuiltyLion > Aneninen from least to most willing to lynch probably. Aneninen kind of started sucking on page 40.
- Let's just lynch this: Katyusha

Part 2 incoming.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2247 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

No need to read it man, I'm just putting in the time so people dont get mad at me

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2248 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I keep confusing Chesskid and RC's avatars and it's pissing me off. Powerskim and thoughts dump (a lot of it is shitposting) because I just want to be done.
In post 1065, xRECKONERx wrote:2. shea disagrees bc EP is fine at scum and the read isn't as obv as RC says it is
Would be interested to know how/why he holds this belief.
In post 1103, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1102, RadiantCowbells wrote:I would leave the site I'm ngl
let this be enshrined forever
Coming up next: RadiantCowbells2.

Skimming up to 52-- willing to follow Reckplan but on Kat instead? (update: siiick) I think BYF has evidence for him being contextually town. Definitely down to just table this until tomorrow honestly, who knows, maybe i'll be dead. I can probably skim up until the next Mastina post because there will be nothing new until then, I assume. Reck's voice-of-reasoning his way out of this chess/RC 1v1 looking really really disproportionately town (to me and probably to whoever else) which seems really dangerous on principle since scumReck can probably coast on that for a long ass time, but not a priority for me right now.

Out of curiosity whoever has experience with him-- do you think SomethingSmart picks scum here?
In post 1550, mastina wrote:The good news is, I'm back from tae kwon do.
we should talk about this sometime.

Poor Cheeky. She town though. Anen comes out of this looking townier.
In post 1759, xRECKONERx wrote:Katyu's play makes perfect sense if one of the clusterfuck is scum.
I think it's highly unlikely (maybe even impossible?) that reck + chess + RC + mastina is town (with that said I'm interested in the gameview/reads of whoever considers that a possibility. Like, say, Hinduragi.)
In post 1799, Hinduragi wrote:I'll quit mafia on this site.
Coming up next: Hinduragi 2.

Less than 20 pages to go I'm just gonna get this done

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2251 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 2249, chesskid3 wrote:Don't skim over #1669 EP.
It's too late, the forward movement can't be stopped. Maybe I'll go back and read it sometime. Save it for a rainy day.
Okay, I went back and looked at it. I'm good for either. Would still prefer Kat lynch. Ellitell doesn't have any particular bearing on me. I wouldn't mind lynching you then mastina and it worries me that people aren't really considering that option.

At this point I don't really have a read on mastina. (Ugh, now it's more town than anything) There's just too much to piece through and getting caught up is my first priority, I'll go back and give things another glance.
In post 1814, mastina wrote:Errantparabola? No offense to Errant, but Errant's no town leader. Errant is more introverted and lacks the force of personality to lead and is more of what I'd call a "support player" than a "leader".
"lurker"
In post 1904, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 1899, RadiantCowbells wrote:And please: don't keep acting like Mastina flipping town means that Chesskid gets lynched, because we both know that it doesn't.
Yeah he'll be lynched if she flips town for putting us through all of today for nothing...
this happens a lot less than you think it does.
In post 2073, Aneninen wrote:As for Errantparabola, I simply don't have time nor energy for reading all of his posts. Null.
I'll admit I had a good laugh over this.

I'm just gonna
VOTE: Katyusha
and also can we get a votecount

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2358 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Few points:

1. Phone posting for now so I’ll table whatever thoughts I might have on you and Anen, Cheeky. Leaning towards anen town too, actually

2. One big part of my cheeky read (feel free to call me a chump if im getting fooled by something as done as this, anen and others) but Cheeky said “come on RC you know I’m playing outside of my scumrange” and given her relatively newer join date that practically screamed “engaged newer town player who feels good about the game” to me

3. My main pause on whatever chesskid plan goes through is I don’t know yet if the lines are as cut and dry as “rc and mastina are both scum.” It just seems unlikely to me. Another thing— I do think that if we go through with this plan, scumReck just straight up wins. And I know ive been passively casting a lot of shade towards Reck but theres just this doubt stopping me from truly feeling comfortable with townreading him because I think he’s been positioning himself extremely well from a plausible scum perspective. I’ll go back and read Hindu posts on the matter (why he’s town) before pulling through with a lynch on chess/mastina, whoever

4. I buy that RC is capable of confident reading mastina that quickly and that he’s capable of confident reading chesskid scum at this point in time. But back when I was reading RC fighting chesskid, oh, idk, about 60 pages ago, i felt like there was a distinct possibility that RC’s fight with chesskid was constructed, like he went and told his team that he needed to get rid of chesskid immediately (i know he’s basically admitted to doing as such for miscellaneous town perspective reasons). Because i felt like a lot of his fire didnt have fuel.

But I also do know I read a lot of RC posts and just went: there’s no way this isn’t town. a lot of my impressions are lost in the sheer amount of posts and maybe I might go back and check but let’s be honest, probably not gonna happen

5. Last point- mastina definitely isnt capable of catching up as fast as I did. Well, she is, but I read for like 5 total hours and collected my thoughts as fast as possible while doing it. Mastina, wallposter and overanalyzer that she is, i dont know. Like it’s humanly capable but I dont know if its realistic to expect it from her, town or not

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2704 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:54 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Not reading yet, but I did want to mention that I did have a think about a couple things RC said in the shower (mainly in regards to "shitting up the game") and I concluded that RC is town. 80-20, maybe.

To clarify, RC was not saying them in the shower. I was thinking about the things in the shower. Well, maybe RC posts from the shower, I don't know. Probably not though

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2713 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Kat, can you explain your scumread on me? Why am I scum? I think understanding why you scumread me will help me figure out whether you genuinely believe in your push or not. ;>

In all seriousness, sure. I’ll add it to the list of things to do when I get to a computer. But I really do believe I’m bleeding town here and would be interested to know why your team of players, most of whom I have next to no experience with as scum, all collectively have so much confidence in their read. (Because I dont buy that!)

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2855 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 2387, xRECKONERx wrote:prime ate
no, it's singersigner now.

And with that godly shitpost out of the way, time to do some actual stuff.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2860 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

There's always a lot to say about this game. But I am having a good time. I like this game actually. big post here. Basically my magnum opus. This kind of post only ever comes from me when I'm really enjoying the game so you know this is the real shit, better fucking obvtown me. Here's the table of contents for you. Ignore what you're not interested in, everybody.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1......Aneninen/Cheeky vague thoughts not particularly interested in either rn
2......Chesskid theory dissertation
3......RC's lurker lynches
4......Hinduragi???
5......Katyusha heyyyy <3
6......Why I think RC town? I guess
7......mastina AND also thoughts on Reck, I consider this a big talking point. Important point to read maybe.
8......lynchpool

------

1. Aneninen I think I explained my reads on Cheeky/Kat, curious if you have any relationship. One more thing-- I think Cheeky's frustration back when RC and Chesskid were doing their thing, that seemed legit. Like from the posts that you link back in . I think maybe Aneninen is also towny coming from this.

------

2. Chesskid pushing the Master Plan so hard where he gets lynched to trade off Reck and RC suggests the following:
a) chess is town and expects Reck and RC to die, hopefully securing town victory
b) chess is scum and either
- is confident that the Master Plan will fall through because this whole self-sacrifice deal will ideally earn him towncred or some other reason
- believes that scum can endgame from here (even if scumChess is banking on the former he still must acknowledge his lynch is a possibility, right?)

Say it's the latter. I know this is all less relevant now I think, but:
What team make up gives him the end game? If we rule out RC/Chess, which is a safe assumption (because although it would explain scumChess sacrifice, if RC is pulling a Gumball I would be absolutely shocked) then who does scumChess have that makes this a good strat?

Like, in what world does Chesskid have partners that he's willing to trust to take to endgame after a D1 scumlynch in 12:3? ReckChess I guess, most plausibly? Maybe by some insane stretch of the imagination, ChessMastina?

------

3. srceenplay and GL are both people I'd join a wagon on. I don't think that GLs defense is stellar. I think his lash out at RC is scum frustration. Maybe it could be wrong and I definitely don't want to make it more frustrating if he's town because I know how that can be. shrug

------

4. I think Hinduragi is town now because I read his "replace out" as town motivated. Maybe ppl disagree with me there and maybe it's me being influenced by manipulation. Def not a strong read either way. That said I think his gameview-- the fact that he thinks that he/reck/RC/chess are town-- is slightly less nuts that what I thought before but I'm still reluctant to go with that

------

5. Hey Kat. Ping!

Now that it seems like both you and I aren't gonna get lynched today Kat (and I'm not particularly interested in forcing a lynch on you today, nor do I think I'm capable of it) I might just table a full analysis on you until later. One thing: Trans's view on the game is absolute bonkers, and I don't know who this skirt skirt dude is, maybe I've played with him, I very vaguely remember a PenguinPower game-- is that the one where myko and MTD and I signed up? Either way, I guess I was mistaken.

But if you want the densest soundbytes-- your timing has consistently given me the impression that you're playing carefully. I think you're constantly trying to find townreads by sounding rational/being correct. I consider this very distinctive of scum quite often. And most importantly, I have not found any reason to townread you like I have with a majority of the playerlist.

Well, that is until now-- I think that my image of you as scum, that I just stated, isn't reaaaally that consistent with you OMGUSing me right now and that's making me think a little bit.

------

In post 2720, CheekyTeeky wrote:Can you explain how you came to this conclusion?
I don't really think I can? Maybe it is the prime ate. But yeah I think that RC is really relying on his selfmeta to prove himself as town. I don't think that as scum, he would consider that the most efficient or optimal way to defend himself? I think he's just genuinely seeing the difference as obvious and that's why he's referencing it so much

------

7. Alright I've read... some of your posts mastina. Reckchess, I like your vibe I think and was actually pretty close to just blocking you and RC as town before hesitating (Chesskid's worst nightmare! He leaves the thread for a few pages and now look what's happening). Because if you're scum then your posts are absolutely fucking slathered in ATE and I have trouble comprehending the possibility of someone going to that much length (although if you're scum you are in a pickle) to town themselves. I disagree that if one of them is town, it's Reck. And it's entirely possible (even maybe most possible) that both of them are town. Check out my point 2 and lmk what you think.

But also I want to refrain from scumreading Reck just based on circumstance? Like a lot of me entertaining ReckChess and Reck in general comes from the following game observations and personal opinions

- scumteams will likely be powerful on average because it's burdensome (aka diffusion of responsibility is a lot less than for town) and I consider it significantly less likely for someone to "settle" on scum, but for people to structure their game choices around who wants to/would win a game as scum.
- i find it difficult to stomach that all of the main talking point people in this game would be all town. partly because i think scum strives for an endgame strategy and a 3-lurker situation is something that scum wants to avoid at all costs.
- i have general reasons to believe in chess/RC TvT. Out of Big Four they're the townier two, you and Reck def. less than that, I have very little concrete reasons to townread either of you

And I think considering those points that I have, very little of it is "Reck has done things that I think are scummy" and most of it is "well the gamestate where Reck is scum is the one that comfortably fits into my beliefs" if that makes sense. So that's the main priority for me. If Reck gets killed that would presumably make both him (as town) and me very happy.

------

8. More towny > less towny, for clarification. Sorry if this is counterintuitive I'm stickin with it

People who would conceivably get lynched today: {Chesskid > Hinduragi (???) > mastina > GL}
People who would probably not, but I would be happy to see dead: {Srceenplay, Reck, Kat, SS}
People who I would be willing to say are town currently, just from a working perspective: {Aneninen, RC}
Person who is part of that town list, but is prone to change based on a potential hunch that I'm not willing to share yet: {singersigner}
People who I'm accepting as town: {Creature, Cheeky, Yoshi}

by gum I think that's all I have.
Phew.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3329 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Sorry dudes. Still swamped. I have some thoughts from before that I might just throw out tonight before really reading hard, but in the meantime some combo of SS/BYF/Aneninen tell me what's been going on/thoughts/the plan. thx

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3431 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Errantparabola »

certain things I'd like followup on are bolded.

Day 1

In post 2880, singersigner wrote:You're clearly following along with the game if you can pick this shit out of a lineup, but it looks like you're incapable of providing real time interaction/opinions?
This is untrue
-- I started reading from around there, because that was where my last real post was. Check the timeline.
And now I'm reading your future posts and seeing that you're basing an entire scumread around this assumption which is not good.
In post 2880, singersigner wrote:Can you please point out where I caught up and how you thought that was particular town? Talk to me about what you consider "a lot" considering I admitted I wasn't reading the whole game and literally only responded to like 3 posts that were within the last page or two of my response.
I don't consider this a natural point of questioning as town and I also don't know if I like the amount of setting up that you do here but I could very plausibly be wrong in my suspicions -- I'm banking pretty heavily on Shea's superread on primate (and I suspect that many other people are as well which is, perhaps, the wrong move)

For the record I definitely am aware that based on interactions, I am hyper plausible as 3rd partner.
I'm willing to eat the vengeful
and shoot a directed kill somewhere if that's what people think should happen. (My gut tells me 3rd partner was bussing Mastina but I think that end of day wagon is pretty towny as a whole)

On the wagon and not a confident townread:
Srceen:
If anyone's got a towncase
give me the towncase otherwise just kill this person at some point. plausible bus? (Update: reading d2 makes me feel okay with Srceen town maybe)
Aneninen: Think the hammer seems town but under scrutiny. I know Mastina buddied Anen somewhat hard during her final breaths
singer: Already expressed thoughts

Off the wagon and not a confident townread:
Katyusha: At first glance is a plausible 3rd partner but again I do remember feeling like she was town last I heard. I know I've been nursing a super scumread for a long time and I want to trust that
SomethingSmart: Apparently this guy is town? I think people have been telling me that a lot.
Gl and GL: I'm guessing from what Anen said that Gl and GL and Anen have been main talking points of D2 so I'll withhold judgment until I get there

-----

Day 2

One thing is that I would heavily expect 3rd scum to open very strong today

Okay, actually SomethingSmart does seem comfortable in a way that I don't remember seeing from scum (but note he's gone pretty unpressured so I guess that could be part of it)
In post 3082, Aneninen wrote:It's very unlikely that the scum were bussing on Day1.
Disagree. Maybe it's less likely that they bus but scum only needs one person to endgame. It's a plausible strategy. Don't discount those on the wagon. Anen seems very town though
In post 3091, Creature wrote:Feeling like GuiltyLion was a town counterwagon to scum!mastina
This is very plausible considering RC pushed GL hard and I guess I'd like everyone who thinks GL is scummy to parse this and make sure that this observation is cohesive with their read, especially
anyone in team John Galt
who's following this game and
Aneninen

In post 3110, singersigner wrote:I am full steam either Aneninen or Errant
It's actually insane how much this read is growing, btw.
One offhand post about how I'm keeping up with the game and not posting (which is not true) --> a scumread that references this post as its only evidence --> committing fully to my death
Ridiculous.
In post 3115, Katyusha wrote:I’m still set on it being the hinduslot anyway but I’m probably going to look through everyone then keeping in mind that they need mislynches later when I have a chance - I only really have looked at mastina’s ISO
This is the potential next step if ghostlin flips town. Would definitely like to talk to you more though and I do think ghostlin is the current next step here <3
In post 3171, Katyusha wrote:Picking me as an initial vote felt like scum preparing for the next ml but I did want to hear ep follow up with their re-evaluation since they felt my reaction wasn’t in-line with their profile of me so...
fuckinngggg.... i dont see scum saying this
ok
clearly i'm not really on it this game re: reads so I'll just defer to whoever I guess UGH
In post 3224, Smocaine wrote:WHY WE SHOULD RULE OUT EVERY LYNCH EXCEPT GL TOMORROW:

HE SNAGGED A RED ROLE PM
this guy being coached by Chesskid or something?
In post 3288, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am talking about neither of you lol.
He's talking about me actually.
In post 3361, Ghostlin wrote:Like this doesn't even make fucking sense as a defense of you are the IC, and the I doesn't stand for idiot.
Ghostlin getting trolled so hard that I'm actually maybe reading scum theatre here
In post 3363, Aneninen wrote:this were his scumplay (which were very different from his townplay)
I have experience here (I think it was DEFCON?) but I don't remember anything about this so please elaborate.

Shall we move forward with the plan?
elect: Ghostlin

What's the VC?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3434 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3432, Katyusha wrote:Like I said I recall you in D1 saying I didn’t fit your profile for 3rd scum since my posting wasn’t as calculated as you thought. How has that updated in a D1 context?
I think that associative wise you are plausible scum
But in a vacuum you are town. Like your posts are town and your behavior is town

uhh idk if that answers your question, because I don't remember saying that thing that you said that i said.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3480 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3435, Katyusha wrote:Was just wondering how this evolved
Like, specifically regarding those things? It hasn't, really. I just started finding things that you were doing that I read as town
In post 3458, Smocaine wrote:I HAVE NOT MENTIONED BEING COACHED IN ANY WAY EVEN ONCe, YOU TAKE THAT BACK EP
sorry. just a little teasing :<
In post 3464, singersigner wrote:My scumread on him is not just based on thinking that he's reading but not responding, it's that coupled with the fact that he has 13 posts in the entire game. My paranoid-ass says that no matter WHAT content is involved, lurking scum win games. That being said, this response makes sense that he was catching up from that point and did proceed to make a meatier post than the "joke." There's just not enough content in those 13 posts to base a substantial read.
Thank you for bringing this fact up just now?? Only after I contested you about it? Like-- "hey okay, my scumread now has no water, better back it up with this new thing so I can keep having it"
In post 3464, singersigner wrote:Well you would as you're in the list, but it'd be pretty easy to include his buddy with a 100% read rate knowing he would be bullshitting either way.
that being said, I think this is a pretty town thing to say.

@Aneninen:
re: srceen, I think it's a plausible bus. There was no way mastina would have made it alive with chesskid anywhere in the game.
re: GL, thanks for those interaction things, I really liked that.
re: SS, so basically the logic is "if he were scum, some other people would have caught him by now" ?????? that seems ridiculous.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3483 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3481, singersigner wrote:Sure. I mean, it's not like I didn't request more activity from you already. And it's not like it's any secret you have the least participation in the game. Do you think I am pulling this out of my ass just because you haven't been around for a week to defend yourself?
You're right-- that was kind of rude of me in hindsight, and I do apologize.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3486 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

SleepyKrew would like me to inform you all that llamarble would be in white flag either way.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3548 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Hold up— why arent we lynching RC? What the hell is this setup? 12 - 3 and one scum is traitor?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3549 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Is everyone like VT or something?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3551 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3596 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Really dont think scum doubtcasts smocaine here but i could be mistaken

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3608 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3599, vonflare wrote:weird post, not sure if townslip or 'townslip'

did you intentionally softclaim vt?
will acknowledge this but will not answer

I'm fine lynching ghostlin in LYLO
Don't want to lynch anen today. His reaction to RC late last day was a bit awkward but also consistent with his posting personality so I'm not sure what to make of it
{vonflare, signer, GL}

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3639 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Elect: BigYoshiFan

no mental energy. i've a midterm this evening. see you after it.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3660 (isolation #22) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Feel free to elect me instead. I'm also ready to end the day. I'd probably add vonflare and singer to singer's pool.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3665 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Well, I'd remove me. :D
Can we decide on who ghostlin kills before we lynch him?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3688 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 am

Post by Errantparabola »

VOTE: ghostlin
can vengekill the other gl

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3722 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

would be shocked if anen is scum i think, actually. doesn't seem like it fits at all. Let's just get this wagon on. shoot whoever you want. if GL isn't dead then lynch GL tomorrow w/e let's hurry this up

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3741 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

I've been townreading BYF for lazy reasons and want to go back, read, and make sure he's town either this day or the next day assuming neither of us are dead.

I dont care who the tracker goes to but a universal townread probably shouldn't get it. Giving tracker to scum gives us a town clear at worst and we can leash it too.

In any case, yeah. GL is obviously the lynch here

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3744 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

BYF i dont mind that you used the doc but why did you say that you used the doc :(((((

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3756 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I'm fine taking the tracker. I'm also fine with it being leashed (it will certainly be of some use but whether that is optimal is up to the collective to decide). Otherwise I'll let my team decide.

There are games that I lurk, town and scum. There are some games that I don't lurk, town and scum. The former unfortunately tends to outnumber the latter. Really don't think I've been contributing significantly less or more than anyone else right now.

So things like this:
In post 3752, singersigner wrote:how anyone can be this MIA in a game and not be considered scummy is beyond me
are reasonable when saying "hey EP didn't do much this game so I scumread" but framing it this way, like i've been powerlurking in a gamestate where people are posting mostly either a) empty or insignificant thoughts or b) thoughts that have been hashed out over and over again is disingenuous.

In any case, as the contrapositive to Aneninen being town;
In post 3750, GuiltyLion wrote:just don't get paranoid and do something stupid like lynching Smocaine or Creature
this plausibly comes from someone who knows they'd flip town

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3757 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Errantparabola »

More elaboration on the last point, io was strongly townreading Aneninen near the end for a lot of reasons: genuinely trying to revitalize the game, emotion at the end, being paranoid of Smocaine.

On the other hand i can see GL statically holding on to reads. No paranoia or gamesolvey intent, etc etc. the real issue is that lots of town are doing that too. there are a lot of things pointing to GL possibly being town, like RC bus near the end (which I guess really shouldn't have any weight) and I guess the way that GL is playing today is talking about next steps after his lynch.
In post 3740, singersigner wrote:Would like BYF to chime in before tracker votes. I'll let him decide what that means.
BYF's chimed in: what did that change about you regarding the tracker votes?
In post 3737, Something_Smart wrote:Actually, a better way to ask that question is: are people willing to bet the game on my alignment?
this reads really towny to me.

Elect: Errantparabola.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3758 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3736, Something_Smart wrote:Okay so we need a townblock of three for autowin.

I feel like I'm the most widely townread person behind Smocaine and Creature... is that accurate?
think I'm willing to bet on you and Creature.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3789 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Then vote him? Is there anything else we want to take care of?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3792 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3615, beeboy wrote:
In post 12, Ellibereth wrote:
RULE CHANGE
:

There has been a lot of player confusion about rule 6:
6. You MAY talk about the preferences and abilities of any player and speculate which game and alignment they would prefer. You may speculate about the relative strengths of teams and how they would distribute role pms. You may NOT tie this speculation or otherwise refer to ANY action a player not in your game has taken in their ongoing game.
A good rule of thumb is any speculation one could have made just by seeing team compositions before the event is allowed

To make life easier for everyone we're changing the ruleset and outright banning the things previously allowed by rule 6.

There are now no exceptions to the rule:
Players are only allowed to talk about mod-confirmed things from other ongoing Team Mafia games.
Any infractions to this rule from this point on will be adjudicated harshly.

Please check with your moderators and me if you have ANY doubt about whether a post is over the line.

Please do not discuss this in thread or in public until after the event. As usual, feel free to raise any questions and concerns with me in private.
BTW, I don't think any track target has a particularly large benefit compared to any other track target. Aside from Creature, who is probably least useful as mechanically cleared. Maybe Smocaine too, but even then clearing him is not significantly less useful than, say, clearing singer or smart.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3793 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Elect: Errantparabola

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3797 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3795, Smocaine wrote:
In post 3789, Errantparabola wrote:Then vote him? Is there anything else we want to take care of?
What was the purpose of inquisitively asking me to vote GL ??
Because I'm curious why you arent

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3803 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3802, singersigner wrote:Lol, apparently I missed where my team was making fun of EP's readlist before I replaced in since it all amounted to neutral (though I think I picked up on that when replacing in anyway...just missed my team's teasing ). It looked/s unnatural since it should've been pretty easy to at least throw a read on someone.
I'm not a very opinionated person.
If it's pretty easy to "throw a read" on someone then why is not doing that unnatural? Wouldn't artificially inflating or creating a read without any conviction behind it be the actual unnatural thing? What do you mean by "throw a read" in this sense?

I understand that I haven't been playing great and I take responsibility for that, but you constantly,
constantly
throwing shade on me for things that aren't actually scummy is really tiresome. If you're actually town then put your money where your mouth is and fight for my lynch instead of dancing around it day after day after day.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3805 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 3804, singersigner wrote:Why do you even play if you don't/won't have opinions on the game?
Are you talking about now? Are you talking about before?

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3806 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Actually, I'm supremely confident that this game will end in town win with this course of action.

Elect: Errantparabola

VOTE: GuiltyLion

If you'd rather give tracker to someone else, BYF's not a bad choice either.

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3807 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

unofficial VC, I think:

guiltylion (L-2): BYF, EP

--

EP (T-1): lion, EP, BYF
Smocaine (T-3): Smocaine

--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #3812 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Praying like I’ve never prought before. Crush that test. Get that 36 (or was it 35?)

--implosion
provided

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”