biancospino's Micro Normal Review, September 2023 (Released)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

feels very swingy in nature ? like not in a mech way but in a setup meta way
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4, Isis wrote: I can't discern any town power in the setup

The lingo probably needs to conform to the mafia/town wording that most normal games use lest the first player to claim villager become conftown. There's high effort advance notice stuff you can do to fix it and make that not be an issue but I don't think the normal queue is the place to create that problem just to fix it.
I had raised the same concern in a prior bianco review and implo said its perfectly fine.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i see 2 ways the majority of runs of this setup will end up:

1) town guess the gimmick after massclaim and both mafia just lose, esp if a mafia gets killed early on and town learns there is a hood
2) mafia just stomp because town start killing within their own PRs assuming there has to be scum there
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I think the setup MAY need a minor overhaul, just point at the things you wish to preserve as the base for the setup and we can probably work from there.

a protective probably fixes some issues and some level of restructuring the backup neighbors, perhaps only having 1 so mafia have the choice to kill the neighbor that joined
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

actually yeah 1) is super plausible because mafia do not know they need to fake content within their hood and thus end up outing the whole team if 1 goes down
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

Informed mafia neighbors when it's a mafia only hood with a backup is actually necessary yeah. Just to prevent that scenario where mafia choose to not utilise the good thinking it's safe
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

Oh that's awkward that this one went into signups before some of the other minis lol oops

Bianco, to speed it up I'll try to shoot out a few suggested designs later
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

You aren't required to use them, just to give you a baseline or examples of passable setups
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

setup
WOLVES
  • 1 Werewolf Neighbor Informed Complex Follower
    (There exists at least 1 backup Neighbor in the setup. There are no Neighborhoods other than yours.)
  • 1 Werewolf Neighbor Combined Disloyal Mailman Rolestopper
VILLAGE
  • 1 Town Backup Neighbor
  • 1 Town Lazy Traffic Analyst
  • 1 Town Indecisive Doctor
  • 4 Villagers
SETTINGS
  • Daytalk ON
  • Multitasking ON

Here is 1 take. 2 Backup Neighbors implicitly clears both players pseudo mechanically in my opinion.

There are minor tweaks that can be made to shift the balance in either direction, such as swapping doctor for Bodyguard.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 29, biancospino wrote: Eh I think I like this version. I can write PMs/results/rules in the next ~30'

(Why the lazy mod?)
to prevent snowballing since the backup neighbor joining a chat where scum had to fake something is +info for them already
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

/pass
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Oh the disloyal is on both the mailman and the rolestopper btw, to prevent utilizing it to protect from investigatives
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

For the disloyal mailman rolestopper, the wording of the "this will be roleblocked" part describes a loyal modifier, should be "belongs to your factions" and not "does not belong"
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

otherwise its good
retired

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”